Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa (5582 Views)

Taiwo Adisa: There Are Plots To Cause Unrest In Oyo State Through Fake News / Olayinka Olayanju: Some Arrested Ibadan Hoodlums Linked To Makinde’s Aides / Alleged Fraud: ‘none Of My Aides Are Hiding From EFCC’ - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Doraty1(f): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
The Commander of the Oyo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun, Col. Olayinka Olayanju (rtd) has put a lie to a news story currently in circulation, which claimed that he [Olayanju] accused some aides of the Oyo State governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde, of being behind the unrest in Ibadan, the state capital.

Olayanju maintained that it was equally untrue that he accused some aides of the governor of having links with arrested hoodlums, stating that mischief makers had only twisted his words to suit their evil intentions.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, quoted Olayanju as saying that though he appeared on Fresh FM’s Situation Room and a Yoruba programme, Dende Oro, most of the things the news reporter claimed he said were taken out of context.

He said: “I never said anything like Governor Makinde’s aides having links with arrested hoodlums. Somebody called in on the programme and said that Amotekun and the Police are supporting hoodlums. But I said there had been times we apprehended some hoodlums and when their people came to beg us to release them, we refused and told them they were already with the Police. That was what I said.”

“Another thing I said was that the only time we released somebody was when a member of the House of Assembly came to meet us and said one of the persons arrested was not part of those that committed the crime in the area, which happened to be his constituency.”

“I said since the Honourable was an elected official and part of the government, he could not have lied to us. So, that was why we released the person to him.”

“I also said one SA to the Governor put pressure on us to release somebody and we said no and that the fellow had been transferred to the Police. I said I told that S.A to go and deal with the Police. That was all I said.”

He further clarified that the SA in question actually called him in respect of some persons arrested for holding a carnival during the Yuletide, after the government had pronounced a ban on carnivals.

He said: “What has carnival enforcement and an appeal to release those arrested have to do with such headline?”

The Amotekun commander maintained that his agency has been up and doing since it was put in place, noting that he could not have gone on air to badmouth an administration that means well for the state and has been doing everything possible to improve its security architecture.

Olayanju warned media men to be wary of sensationalising stories to the extent of falsehood, noting that as members of the fourth estate of the realm, they owed the society the responsibility to report only the truth.
https://www.independent.ng/i-didnt-say-govs-aides-behind-unrest-in-ibadan-amotekun-commander/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
in as much that you know where it is with while they were there doing things in accordance with the new way of bringing them together with my mind and trying to say so sorry for wasting your time cos I don't know what to say � thank you

FTC!!!!!!!!!

check my signature
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Damikjay(m): 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
Naso drama don dey unfold for inside 2021.

Nigeria and drama

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Marvellously2Me: 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2021
of course we know
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Racoon(m): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2021
No truth again.Everything in Nigeria today is back and forth.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Maxymilliano(m): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, quoted Olayanju as saying that though he appeared on Fresh FM’s Situation Room and a Yoruba programme, Dende Oro, most of the things the news reporter claimed he said were taken out of context.

Is the Chief Press Secretary working for both the Governor as well as Col. Olayanju, the Commander of the Oyo State Security Network Agency aka Amotekun ?

Olayanju was quoted directly as the main source in the original news but this time, it is the Governor's Chief Press Secretary that is doing the debunking on his behalf.

What's gwan

7 Likes

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by seunmsg(m): 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
“I also said one SA to the Governor put pressure on us to release somebody and we said no and that the fellow had been transferred to the Police. I said I told that S.A to go and deal with the Police. That was all I said.”

Very weak attempt at damage control. The statement above from the commandant is clear and straightforward and doesn’t need any further interpretation. The chief press Secretary to the governor should stop fooling himself because he’s not fooling anybody. If the commandant wants to recant what he said earlier, he should be bold enough to come out openly and do so instead of hiding behind the CPS to the governor.

8 Likes

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Ademola47(m): 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2021
There is no difference between this and what he was quoted to have said.

7 Likes

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by shiki(m): 3:13am On Jan 06, 2021
Defend yourself very well, cos if they dismissed you from Amotekun, even Boys Scot wouldn't take you again
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Marvieduke(f): 5:42am On Jan 06, 2021
But they were linked to the thugs that were arrested.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:43am On Jan 06, 2021
Abolish Amotekun now
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by superior1: 5:44am On Jan 06, 2021
That’s the issue with politicians, they must put hands and corrupt everything

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by nextBIGthing: 5:45am On Jan 06, 2021
#EndAmotekun
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Sunnycliff(m): 5:46am On Jan 06, 2021
Confusion everywhere you go
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by rawtouch: 5:52am On Jan 06, 2021
he implied it
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by manunitedbabes: 5:54am On Jan 06, 2021
grin I said I said full there, is he afraid of death? So which one now is our problems?
The speaker or the media?
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Rb06: 6:00am On Jan 06, 2021
Evil ppl

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Xzellentgraphic: 6:15am On Jan 06, 2021
Amotekun the pride of omoluabis...
I will design eye catchy logo, banner or flyer for your business at very cheap price check my sig.nature for my contact details..

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by JaffyJoe(m): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2021
Losers saying end amotekun lol. They hate every good initiative. When the system is against you in Nigeria, you are doing something right.

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Childrentablets(f): 6:26am On Jan 06, 2021
K
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:30am On Jan 06, 2021
The media that reported the issue are not far from the truth. Both of you are all on the same page though words were twisted

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2021
Wahala for who no dey catch their cruise
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by zeusdgrt(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2021
Tinubu boys trying to tarnish his name
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by gboyetade: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2021
Think before you speak
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2021
This commander way no pure.
You turned down the requests of an SA but believed an honorable because he's "part of the government and couldn't have lied"?.
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by chukwuibuipob: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2021
sad undecided Nah Adedibu,Ladoja,Ajimobi he mentioned abi

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by BigGuava: 8:03am On Jan 06, 2021
...You can work from home as an article writer and a Million Naira while at it

To find out how you can participate in this offer,send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the profile.

This offer is open to both NEW and SEASONED content writer. Do not delay in sending in your application today

Remember it's write articles from home and earn One Million Naira doing this.

Thanks for reading
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Stateoforigin: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2021
kiss
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by deeva2: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2021
Politicians will definitely influence this amotekun for their criminal activities.
Re: Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa by Miracle1991: 8:49am On Jan 06, 2021
Damage control no de work again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PMB Flagged-off Validation Exercise Of Africa Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) / Governor WIKE Takes A Swipe at Reno Omokri / Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.