Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View (417 Views)

Building Website & Mobile Apps / Build A Mobile And Desktop Software / Change The Font Size Of An Element (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Jamesarua: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2021
good day all,,,,,
Am a beginner in web development, I want my website to be responsive ,am using bootstrap for the front-end, [b]should I make the text responsive or should I just stick to bootstrap font-sizes?
Re: Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Tunechi5(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2021
U have to change the font size in order to make it more responsive u can use 60px on desktop and 20px on mobile
Re: Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Karleb(m): 8:36am On Jan 07, 2021
Jamesarua:
good day all,,,,,
Am a beginner in web development, I want my website to be responsive ,am using bootstrap for the front-end, [b]should I make the text responsive or should I just stick to bootstrap font-sizes?

You are a designer. Check on the two screen sizes and see for yourself.
Re: Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Jamesarua: 11:21am On Jan 07, 2021
Tunechi5:
U have to change the font size in order to make it more responsive u can use 60px on desktop and 20px on mobile
that's I should use two different font-size instead of using single font-size(like CSS relative units e.g %,em rem) for the both
Re: Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Jamesarua: 11:30am On Jan 07, 2021
Karleb:

You are a designer. Check on the two screen sizes and see for yourself.

for now I don't have a system, but am planning to get one,,

I don't wanna stay idle that's why am practicing what am learning with my phone.

what I really do wanna understand is that: in responsive designing do you declare a single font-size(in css units like %,rem and em) for both screen or maybe you just stick to declaring font-size for each screen in your media query?
Re: Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Karleb(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2021
Jamesarua:

for now I don't have a system, but am planning to get one,,

I don't wanna stay idle that's why am practicing what am learning with my phone.

what I really do wanna understand is that: in responsive designing do you declare a single font-size(in css units like %,rem and em) for both screen or maybe you just stick to declaring font-size for each screen in your media query?

You can get desktop screen size via most modern browsers these days. Try that out.

Different developers might give you different answers.

As for me, it should stay thesame. Check popular websites on mobile and desktops, the font size are thesame.
Re: Should I Use Same Text Font-size For My Website Mobile And Desktop View by Jamesarua: 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
Karleb:

You can get desktop screen size via most modern browsers these days. Try that out.

Different developers might give you different answers.

As for me, it should stay thesame. Check popular websites on mobile and desktops, the font size are thesame.
thanks boss,,,i appreciate for the impact

(1) (Reply)

Angular Bug Bounty / The Best Microsoft's SQL. Server Course On Udemy / E Naira Now On Play Store And App Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.