Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? (3687 Views)

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Driving License For Sale Online | Buy Driving License Online | Driving Licence F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Dominion202: 12:13am On Jan 07, 2021
Please I want to know the complete process I will follow to get my first driver's licence and what I should expect (duration) and the cost too.
Cos I need it very urgent, thanks.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Emempaul(m): 1:16am On Jan 07, 2021
I also would like to so anyone here so please educate us on how to get our first drivers licence and what to expect
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Mynd44: 3:24am On Jan 07, 2021
2-3 months
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Dominion202: 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Mynd44:
2-3 months
Tnx boss
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by oshosegun27(m): 12:33am On Jan 15, 2021
CC: Owolabi5
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owolabi5: 7:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Specifically, the National Road Traffic Regulations 2004 mandates all learner drivers to observe the following rules: attend a certified and approved driving school as a prerequisite to obtaining a fresh drivers license. The rule has been amended specifically with respect to fresh applicants. The new rule requires applicants obtaining a Drivers License for the first time must do the following; attend a training at FRSC accredited Driving school for at least 26 working days, after which they will be presented by the Driving school to the Vehicle Inspection Officer/Road Traffic Officers for a driving test.

You are expected to train at a FRSC accredited driving school for 26 working days after which you will be issued a General Certificate of Driver Education (GCDE) before the licence is issued.

However the GCDE may take a little longer due to network and other factors so like my Oga MYND44 rightly put it a time frame of Two to Three Months is realistic.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Dominion202: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
owolabi5:
Specifically, the National Road Traffic Regulations 2004 mandates all learner drivers to observe the following rules: attend a certified and approved driving school as a prerequisite to obtaining a fresh drivers license. The rule has been amended specifically with respect to fresh applicants. The new rule requires applicants obtaining a Drivers License for the first time must do the following; attend a training at FRSC accredited Driving school for at least 26 working days, after which they will be presented by the Driving school to the Vehicle Inspection Officer/Road Traffic Officers for a driving test.

You are expected to train at a FRSC accredited driving school for 26 working days after which you will be issued a General Certificate of Driver Education (GCDE) before the licence is issued.

However the GCDE may take a little longer due to network and other factors so like my Oga MYND44 rightly put it a time frame of Two to Three Months is realistic.

Tnx for the info sir
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Jaygrl(f): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
I recently got my first drivers license,at first I was told to wait for 1month to get a driving school certificate as I had already gone to a driving school before but wasn't given a certificate. After a month of getting the certificate(a little over 2months later) of my first interest in getting a driver's license I was called for capturing which I didn't know involved a 40mins theory test. They said I had to score over 65percent to qualify for the capturing. Lucky for me is scored 70percent and proceeded to the capturing room. I was given a temporary license that day too.

I am in Lagos and this happened in December 2020.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Hugo55(m): 5:48am On Jan 21, 2021
owolabi5:

Hello Sir, good day.
please I lost my driver license in a keke I entered to the mechanic. please I want to know, how much will it cost to replace the lost license and duration I have to wait to get it. Thank you.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owolabi5: 5:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Hugo55:

Hello Sir, good day.
please I lost my driver license in a keke I entered to the mechanic. please I want to know, how much will it cost to replace the lost license and duration I have to wait to get it. Thank you.

Good day sir

Can you chat me on WhatsApp: 08033539981/08182880902

I need other information and for swift response.

Thanks sir
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by Hugo55(m): 6:01am On Jan 21, 2021
owolabi5:

Good day sir
Thanks sir
OK, thanks.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by PhilAmplio(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
owolabi5:

Good day sir

Thanks sir
Please Sir, are you still available? I also lost my license and want to know how to go about recovering it.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by seunoresco: 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
Still can't believe I am yet to receive the permanent card that I made a renewal for since 2019 December... Strange things happen in this country
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by owolabi5: 1:32am On Oct 20, 2021
PhilAmplio:
Please Sir, are you still available? I also lost my license and want to know how to go about recovering it.

Yes sir,

Chat me on WhatApp number in my siggy
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? by TerraJonesa: 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
The time to obtain a license depends on different driving schools. And depends on your driving and traffic rules knowledge. To begin with, you need to be trained to drive, then take a lot of tests. And with the results ready, you can complete the driving license online form on https://nepalinerd.com/apply-online-driving-license-nepal/ . When I got my license, I filled it out online. And I didn't have to come to the Department of Transport Management office. Everything is fine since my driver's license is legal. Many of my friends failed the practice of driving around the city and then came to retake it two or three times. I'm glad I passed the test on the first attempt.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre / Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? / My Corolla Hatchback Vvt-i T3 Dries Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.