Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre (3689 Views)

Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working / What Will Happen To The Odometer Of A Vehicle If The Engine Is Replaced??? / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre by oshare: 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2008
Please is Odometre same thing as kilometre?
Re: What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre by fotodaddy: 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2008
Check you dictionary na, abi you no go school!!! grin grin
Re: What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre by oshare: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2008
Fotodaddy abeg no vex o! This one no be small matter o! Na automobile issue.
If you know abeg explain to me. I wan learn too. Tnx you
Re: What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre by fotodaddy: 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2008
So I don dey do the work of Dictionary!!!

OK na, but you go square o!! You know say egunje spoil Lagos grin grin

Odometer is the device which measure distance covered in your vehicle. The unit of measurement will be either metric (kilometer) or imperial (mile). In most cars you have at least 2 odometers. The first keep a record of all the distance covered from the manufacture of the car. This cannot be reset except by "SPECIAL" means. wink
The second one, also referde to as "trip meter" can be reset to indicate particular distances.

You are are talking or 2 things, the measureing instrument (odometer) and the measured parameter's unit (kilolmeter), Mileage is another word you might come across and this refers to the odometer reading in what ever unit that is measured.

I hope it helps.
Re: What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre by oshare: 11:07pm On Jun 29, 2008
Fotodaddy for Life!!!

Guy u read mechanical enginering for school grin

Nice one man!!! But one more thing pls. What would you say of a car that has odometre reading of 160,000?
Re: What Is Odometer Vs. Kilometre by fotodaddy: 11:21pm On Jun 29, 2008
oshare:

But one more thing please. What would you say of a car that has odometre reading of 160,000?

I would say 160,000 what!?! (units are missing!!!)

And then refer you to the thread siena started:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-143893.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Ford Mustang Inquiry / . / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.