Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App (527 Views)

How To Connect Two Computers And Share Data On Each Other With Lan Cable / How To Share Data On Glo Network / How To Use Single On Facebook Or Hide Last Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Adeeda: 4:21am On Jan 07, 2021
The Facebook-owned messenger with 2 billion users revamps its privacy policy.

WhatsApp, the Facebook-owned messenger that claims to have privacy coded into its DNA, is giving its 2 billion plus users an ultimatum: agree to share their personal data with the social network or delete their accounts.

The requirement is being delivered through an in-app alert directing users to agree to sweeping changes in the WhatsApp terms of service.

Those who don’t accept the revamped privacy policy by February 8 will no longer be able to use the app.

Read more: https://agricecommerce..com/2021/01/whatsapp-data-sharing.html?m=1

Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Adeeda: 4:21am On Jan 07, 2021
Who has been experiencing this
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Adeeda: 4:22am On Jan 07, 2021
This one is serious oo just after apple vs fight blow out
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by ehbellsho(m): 4:31am On Jan 07, 2021
Who has more power: the producer of the app or the user?

What if am not using Facebook?

It is well!
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Kosoco(m): 4:50am On Jan 07, 2021
Me that don’t know how Facebook looks like.....
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by corperslodge: 5:26am On Jan 07, 2021
Adeeda:

Chai this is serious oo, first thing I am seeing in the morning on my WhatsApp

Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by corperslodge: 5:27am On Jan 07, 2021
There is even no option for not agree. Na by force oo

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by corperslodge: 5:28am On Jan 07, 2021
Put the full article here, I am surprised it is not on front page yet #lalatiscala

Adeeda:
The Facebook-owned messenger with 2 billion users revamps its privacy policy.

WhatsApp, the Facebook-owned messenger that claims to have privacy coded into its DNA, is giving its 2 billion plus users an ultimatum: agree to share their personal data with the social network or delete their accounts.

The requirement is being delivered through an in-app alert directing users to agree to sweeping changes in the WhatsApp terms of service.

Those who don’t accept the revamped privacy policy by February 8 will no longer be able to use the app.

Read more: https://agricecommerce..com/2021/01/whatsapp-data-sharing.html?m=1
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by corperslodge: 5:31am On Jan 07, 2021
Na by fire by force now oo, even the VR company they bought, oculus user without Facebook accounts will loss it accounts and game

That is the one paid for oo talk less of WhatsApp
ehbellsho:
Who has more power: the producer of the app or the user?

What if am not using Facebook?

It is well!
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by sonsomegrigbo: 5:45am On Jan 07, 2021
We IPOB are Illiterates!

We don't use social media so we are less concerned
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Adeeda: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2021
sonsomegrigbo:
We IPOB are Illiterates!

We don't use social media so we are less concerned
What does this have to do with you race or region
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by olabosipo66559: 9:39am On Jan 07, 2021
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Adeeda: 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
olabosipo66559:

I doubt if alot of people have started seen it yet
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Betscoreodds: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
We need alternative to Facebook and WhatsApp
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by feeloscar(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
Betscoreodds:
We need alternative to Facebook and WhatsApp
I prefer telegram to whatsapp.
Re: Whatsapp Gives Users An Ultimatum:share Data With Facebook Or Stop Using The App by Adeeda: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2021
feeloscar:
I prefer telegram to whatsapp.

Of course they have close to half a billion users now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HOW I BUILT MY OWN RC HELICOPTER AT HOME / ♨️buy Cheap Data Everyday❗ / How Can I Get EEDC Prepared Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.