Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants (14352 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: Will Buhari Queue Behind Tinubu? / Giadom: A Fresh Primary Will Be Conducted In Edo / 2019: Here’s Why The Pdp Presidential Primary Will Be The Toughest In Nigeria’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
cktheluckyman:

The candidate the majority of the party wants will be elected and not necessarily from the region it is zoned to.Tinubu only has control on some of the SW delegates(Ekiti not even included)

BTW I dont even see zoning work.The contest will eventually be thrown to all.

How did you manage to drag Tinubu into the matter? What if Tinubu drops dead today, do you think the issues of zoning will not continued to be discussed?

In any case which candidate do you think will win the APC primaries?
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by BSdetector: 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Funny thing is that tinubu isn't running
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
The ticket should be given to only Governor Dave Umahi (President) and Governor El-rufai (Vice President)..

OTHERWISE, our beloved father, President Muhammadu Buhari should go for 3rd term to consolidate his achievements. But if President Buhari rejects the offer, then let God Almighty rule over us. No human should be allowed anywhere near Aso Rock!

God bless Nigeria.

With this arrangement (giving of tickets), Atiku/PDP will beat them silly besides no serious presidential candidate will make someone like El-Rufai his running mate. He will rock the boat.

It's even better for El-Rufai to run for the presidency himself.

If however, Gov Dave Umahi contest and win majority of the votes of the delegates, he may have some sympathy votes.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Wiifesnatcher(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
IamAtikulate:

Lamentation of a thiefibu e-rodent. My message was clear "APC was and is never a Yoruba party"

thanks for reminding me that the ewedu and Alimajiri evil party is a Nigeria party

short memory breed
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2021
IamAtikulate:

El Rufai is the front runner to get the VP ticket, unless you are deceiving yourself. He is not popular in the South but among Moslem North.

I don't know any southern politician who can defeat Atiku as of today. His only match would have been Tinibu but the guy's influence cannot be projected outside his SW base.

Atiku has influence in the North, SS, SE and SW. In the last election, even with an Igbo VP he only lost SW to Buhari with 200k votes.

If Atiku runs against Tinubu even North APC will work against Tinubu the same way PDP North worked against GEJ.

Let be truthful here, I am an avid Umahi 2023 Project, but AtikuObi on the ballot is capable of whatever APC throws up.

The next INEC Chair should have been a Yoruba man but why did Buhari reappointed a Northerner? something that has never happened before.

The North is scared of relinquishing power, not because they don't want to but because they are afraid of their shadows and antecedents they set with their nepotism.

A Southern president will give them a little taste of what Buhari gave to the South. They will revise all those appointments Buahri made.

A person like Tinubu will consolidate Southern hold on the presidency and relegate the North. A northern might become president ooh, but it will be under Southern hold, like he is doing in Lagos.

Like I told my friend yesterday, Tinubu is a smart politician and knows how to place his people strategically.
I even told him, that the only thing stopping Tinubu from being president is his religion.

If he is a Christian, no power in hell can stop him from ruling country. If he is a Christian, he would have been our VP and he would have put this marauding Fulani cabals at check.

He will never allow Kyari to highjack the government. He would have been the one ruling this country and effectively commanding our armed forces while Buhari only answers C-in-C

If Tinubu is a kind of guy that carries every tribe in the South along, we would have supported him overwhelmingly in 2023 no matter his religion.

He has the political will to break Northern hegemony and force them to live like proper humans but he is too hateful of Ndi Igbo.

He has never shown he could be trusted. Nobody trusts him, not his brothers, not the East and not the North.

Aside his greediness, he is everything we need as a president but he sees Ndi Igbo to be tactically at war with him.

FACT.

My mention is now open for your wailing.

In summary, do you honestly that the APC will lose the 2023 presidential election and Atiku/PDP will win?
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by shizzle1: 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sammy07:

Yes Democracy is about Majority. If the north has the numbers they can keep ruling.
That's why regions big wigs usually Align and Negotiate.

That's what Buhari failed to do in his past elections, he only thought he can win alone with CPC.
He has Igbo VP, but he didn't negotiate with East.

He realised late, that's why he and Tinubu negotiate.
You negotiate and what they can benefit from you if they vote for you.
That's democracy.
yorooba man with twisted logic and half truths

I'm glad IamAtikulate has put you to sword with fact.

Cunny and Mischievous things
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by shizzle1: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

how does this change the fact that APC is an evil ewedu broom and alimajiri party

a party we Ndigbo mocked Akpabio for joining, are we now two face people like the Afonja

bunch of jokers
yoroobaku cheesy you sound so pained ...you neva begin cry

Afonjatijati cheesy
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by cktheluckyman: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
oyatz:

In summary, do you honestly that the APC will lose the 2023 presidential election and Atiku/PDP will win?

grin grin grin you people actually believe the North cares about party? You people make me laugh

funny enough if the cars was reversed i.e PDP fields a SWner and the APC a Northerner will the SW still vote for APC?
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by cktheluckyman: 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

guess you're from Southeast, political empiricist everywhere

Tinubu had allies outside of Southwest than any politicians in Nigeria even though the thief won't be Nigeria president but educate yourself
The same thing Abiola thought.We all saw how it ended up.History is about to repeat itself
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
shizzle1:
yoroobaku cheesy you sound so pained ...you neva begin cry

Afonjatijati cheesy

pained that we Biafrans have forgone Biafra republic to be a president through the ewedu evil broom and alimajiri party?

I thought we Biafra are anti one Nigeria, what has changed? I hope KANU won't call us another names aside from piigs and ediots
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
cktheluckyman:
The same thing Abiola thought.We all saw how it ended up.History is about to repeat itself

the problem of you igbo is that your political mentality is always stagnant. you people still believed that we are in NCNC era

on what justification do you think Tinubu is only popular in sw alone? just mention any Igbo politicians that have political allies than Tinubu in Nigeria?

I'm not a supporter of that thieves but no southeasterners can withstand his level of political influence nationally

1 Like

Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
Vistra40:

I remember Goodluck won Atiku in the 2011 primaries to become the candidate. I also remember OBJ won in addition to Ekwueme, Abubakar Rimi from the North amongst others to emerge candidate in 1999 and 2003. If the SW and SS can defeat northerners and non northerners of different zones to emerge candidates, then surely the SE can defeat their opponents in the primary to emerge flag bearer. It all depends on how well you play your card. You don’t expect the ticket to be zoned to the SE and then you go to sleep. Even our politicians from the SE know that it is not so. The call for the presidency to be zoned to the SE to me is like an awareness to other regions that it is time for the igbos to be considered. Now what is left for them is to reach out to others and negotiate for it. Simple!
South east have no problem contesting in Nigeria ...we are saying simple if u won't respect zoning let everyone contest ... nothing like zoning to south ...let all man test their strategy

Zoning is to south east if not nothing like zoning simple
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by cktheluckyman: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

the problem of you igbo is that your political mentality is always stagnant. you people still believed that we are in NCNC era

on what justification do you think Tinubu is only popular in sw alone? just mention any Igbo politicians that have political allies than Tinubu in Nigeria?

I'm not a supporter of that thieves but no southeasterners can withstand his level of political influence nationally

He just tried extending his kingdom to a nearby state of Edo and got beaten like a primary two pupil
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Vistra40: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Igbochief001:

South east have no problem contesting in Nigeria ...we are saying simple if u won't respect zoning let everyone contest ... nothing like zoning to south ...let all man test their strategy

Zoning is to south east if not nothing like zoning simple

When PDP zoned their ticket to the north before 2019, it was an open Cheque for all northerners. Atiku from the NE emerged after a contested primary. The reason why the parties would throw their tickets open to the South is to avoid any form of rancour that would affect their chances in the general. That way if a South Easterner emerges candidate in a contested primary, other party faithfuls would throw his weight behind him without much rancour
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
Vistra40:

When PDP zoned their ticket to the north before 2019, it was an open Cheque for all northerners. Atiku from the NE emerged after a contested primary. The reason why the parties would throw their tickets open to the South is to avoid any form of rancour that would affect their chances in the general. That way if a South Easterner emerges candidate in a contested primary, other party faithfuls would throw his weight behind him without much rancour
PDP zoned it ticket to north east , ...reason atiku won ..wike and some few people worked against party instructions ...but the zone it was zoned to always win so relax

Northerners would contest
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2021
cktheluckyman:

He just tried extending his kingdom to a nearby state of Edo and got beaten like a primary two pupil

Tinubu was a just mere supporter of Edo election, he wasn't even among the party strategist of APC

what would a mere supporter do to influence election over an incumbent party compare to the machineries that was on ground with those he had supported

Tinubu a thief is just a political businessman that work tirelessly for people that will fetch him gains, what gains will he gain from Edo state

I'm not a supporter of Tinubu and I will never be his supporter because he's a thief like your leaders in East and Northern leaders

1 Like

Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by GeneralPula: 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2021
[s]
IamAtikulate:

Stop rewriting history dude.

Tinubu, Buhari, Onu, Rochas were all part of the negotiations.

In fact, Buhari's CPC turned down Tinubu's request the first time. They didn't trust Tinubu and his Yoruba's cohort.

Negotiations became successful when Ogbonnaya and Rochas joined.

Buhari, Tinubu, Onu and Rochas won't have pulled this off without NPDP. They won because of Amechi, Kwankwanso, Atiku, Saraki, Wamako (Sokoto), Ortoms and other PDP heavyweights.

Remove NPDP and there would have been no APC.

While ACN supported Atiku, NPDP, ANPP and CPC supported Buhari.

Please learn to give credit to whom its due.
[/s]
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Codes151(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
The ticket should be given to only Governor Dave Umahi (President) and Governor El-rufai (Vice President)..

OTHERWISE, our beloved father, President Muhammadu Buhari should go for 3rd term to consolidate his achievements. But if President Buhari rejects the offer, then let God Almighty rule over us. No human should be allowed anywhere near Aso Rock!

God bless Nigeria.

cow brains is deceptive
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by cktheluckyman: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

Tinubu was a just mere supporter of Edo election, he wasn't even among the party strategist of APC

what would a mere supporter do to influence election over an incumbent party compare to the machineries that was on ground with those he had supported

Tinubu a thief is just a political businessman that work tirelessly for people that will fetch him gains, what gains will he gain from Edo state

I'm not a supporter of Tinubu and I will never be his supporter because he's a thief like your leaders in East and Northern leaders

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Tinubu go give speech wey nobody send am forgetting that #EdonobeLagos
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
cktheluckyman:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Tinubu go give speech wey nobody send am forgetting that #EdonobeLagos

Eveyone can give speech, the speech didn't make APC lose, incumbent will always have upper hand over opposition, any day anytime, plus FG play a neutral game

Wike called PDP a tax collector party and said all weird adjectives about PDP but does it stop PDP victory
?

you clowns from southeast are just naive, no wonder supreme court elected your Governor for you

1 Like

Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by cktheluckyman: 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

Eveyone can give speech, the speech didn't make APC lose, incumbent will always have upper hand over open any day anytime plus FG play a neutral game

Wike called PDP a tax collector party and said all weird adjectives about PDP but does it stop PDP victory

you clowns from southeast are just naive, no wonder supreme court elect your Governor for you

Tinubu's stupid speech played a key role in the APC's defeat in Edo state
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Daprinxy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
Vistra40:

Who contested against PMB in the primaries in 2019?
I've been reading his comments for sometime now and honestly,the guy is so so daft and highly sentimental.always worshipping tinubu and fighting silly for someone that knows nothing about his or her existence..if he(this silly one here)contest and become the Nigerian president,will Heaven fall?see another of his dumb silly twisted sentimental foolhardy again and is good you just pinpointed his silly sentimental ass out immediately and he or she called himself or herself mod here..almost all his or her posts irritates me because I sense a little bit intelligent buh wonder why such person,wouldn't make use of his or her intelligence to use....he or she wouldn't mind replying me because I don't engage or reply dumdheads and I also hardly comment here.honestly,i hardly see or hear someone that stays abroad or live there,to know what government is all about,supporting any of all these Nigerian politicians,it's only the hungry silly poor beings living there in Nigeria that does that..damn!!!just try to remember what those over here did to some of them here.(eg ekweremmadu,Rochas and tinubu,hope you'd seen how they were disgraced abroad) the earlier he or she realises that fighting his or her fellow floor citizens because of all these greedy,selfish,wicked and demonic ape of politicians(especially his or her tinubu) will lead to his or her internal regret, the better for him or her.honestly,stop been fool,stupid and foolish at the same time eeh seung of a mod.gracias and have a nice day....damnit!!!
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
cktheluckyman:

Tinubu's stupid speech played a key role in the APC's defeat in Edo state

how does Tinubu speech played a defeat role in Edo state? whether Tinubu was present or not, made a speech or not, Obaseki will still win that election

I don't even regard Tinubu to make a speech that will guarantee winning in any senatorial district in Edo state

because PDP won Edo doesn't mean Tinubu doesn't have influence outside of sw, Yahaya bello won PDP down in kogi state but you expect PDP to lose to APC opposition party

you know nothing about political discourse with your alimajiri brain
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by samdunzo: 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2021
Its really looking like we may have another Northerner as president. I don't see who can stop the Atiku/Obi duo in the South, unless both parties agree to zone to the SE, which is unlikely. We'll see tho
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by IamAtikulate: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
oyatz:

Do you honestly think the North will work for APC southern candidate against Atiku?
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by IamAtikulate: 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sammy07:

It also proved what I am saying that Yorubas gives over 70% to any party running with a Yoruba man as President.

Why didn't they give obj over 70% in 1999? Because he was not there choice.
1999 was the first democratic election. People were not politically conscious then.

Sammy07:

BTW, You can break our bloc vote yet your bloc votes isn't helping you, it's causing harm than good.
Even the northerners don't give bloc votes.
This is what gave us the PDP VP ticket.
Sammy07:

That's why they're taking you for granted.
Nobody is taking is us for granted. SS took it because Yar'adua didn't complete his tenure and it went back North because South had done 14 years under PDP and North only 2 years.
Sammy07:

PDP can give NE / SS or NE / SW as presidential candidate in 2023 because they know they'll always get bloc votes from you.
SE is PDP and PDP is SE. Any PDP's ticket that is going South is exclusively for SE. We have people in the SS and we can break your bloc vote.

Our concern is getting APC ticket and we are taking it or it goes to Amechi or North
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Coolgent(m): 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
Stop wasting your time, APC will never win any presidential election in Nigeria.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Phraences: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
Na to comot for Naija before 2023.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
The name Tinubu is giving many people nightmares. They say he's not influential yet they can't help not to mention his name. Deep within them, they know he's the only man who controls many governors(and former govs), many ex and current lawmakers and the Vice President. How can such a man not be influential?
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Karlosorji:
Yoruba has done theirs during Obasanjo and Atiku, South South has done with Goodluck and Sambo, North produced Buhari and Osibanjo. If this one doesn’t go to the east the it won’t be fair. All regions must be inclusive if we are practicing real Democracy and I believe one day it will also produce a President from the middle belt. Opportunity for Nigeria to use her head

So that APC will lose? It's certain that at least 60percent of the east will vote PDP. Why should the west vote APC if it zones the Presidency to a largely anti- APC region? I've nothing against Igbo presidency but the region has to accept the party first before they deserve it's slot. It maybe Political suicide!

1 Like

Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
IamAtikulate:

Do you honestly think the North will work for APC southern candidate against Atiku?

As long as Buhari is alive, APC will get at least half of the northern votes. The north voted for Abiola against Tofa if you didn't know. Northerners are not all Power- blind. Btw, Atiku will always have a moral burden.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by IamAtikulate: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
Siwel25:

As long as Buhari is alive, APC will get at least half of the northern votes. The north voted for Abiola against Tofa if you didn't know. Northerners are not all Power- blind. Btw, Atiku will always have a moral burden.
Atiku is a saint where Tinubu is. Nothing concerns Buhari and APC again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Vies With China Over Tomato Market / It’ll Take 22 Years To Fix Aregbesola’s Mess — Omisore / Nnamdi Kanu: Umahi Will Pay For Brutalisation Of IPOB Members In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.