Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants (14415 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: Will Buhari Queue Behind Tinubu? / Giadom: A Fresh Primary Will Be Conducted In Edo / 2019: Here’s Why The Pdp Presidential Primary Will Be The Toughest In Nigeria’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2021
IamAtikulate:

Do you honestly think the North will work for APC southern candidate against Atiku?

What exactly do you mean by 'The North'?

The political parties and not regions contest elections.

I believe that the APC still likely to defeat the PDP if they go into the election as one formidable house.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 11:58am On Jan 08, 2021
cktheluckyman:

grin grin grin you people actually believe the North cares about party? You people make me laugh

funny enough if the cars was reversed i.e PDP fields a SWner and the APC a Northerner will the SW still vote for APC?

See elections will be conducted in all the 36 States plus FCT.
Political interests in each State differ. Political interests in Borno State is different from that of Kwara and that of Benue State is different from that Kebbi State.

Try to guess how many votes the PDP will get in each State Vs the APC votes.

If political parties aren't important, politicians will not be decamping and or trying to control party machineries.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by IamAtikulate: 11:59am On Jan 08, 2021
oyatz:

What exactly do you mean by 'The North'?

The political parties and not regions contest elections.

I believe that the APC still likely to defeat the PDP if they go into the election as one formidable house.
The same way GEJ would have won if PDP had gone into the election as one formidable party.

APC North will never work against Kwankwanso, Tambuwal or Atiku for APC southern candidate.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
IamAtikulate:

The same way GEJ would have won if PDP had gone into the election as one formidable party.

APC North will never work against Kwankwanso, Tambuwal or Atiku for APC southern candidate.

Yes, you now understand my point.

The PDP became fractionalized and eventually splitted into PDP and nPDP.

If we continue to practice this democracy for long ,many myths (including myths that a Southern candidate can't defeat a Northern candidate) will be bursted over and over.

In 2011, the Northern power brokers attempted to stop GEJ from contesting the election.

IBB, Gusau, Saraki and Atiku were all shouting that GEJ should leave the presidential race for them. Later on, they chose 12 wise Northern men led by Mallam Adamu Chiroma to serve as an electoral college and chose one candidate from the North who will enjoy the support of the whole 'North' and challenge GEJ for the PDP ticket.

Atiki was chosen as the 'North's consesus candidate'. There were more presidential delegates from the North.

Do you know the outcome of the primaries?

Atiku only won majority of the delegates in Sokoto, Kano, Niger and Adamawa States.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by IamAtikulate: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
oyatz:

Yes, you now understand my point.

The PDP became fractionalized and eventually splitted into PDP and nPDP.

If we continue to practice this democracy for long ,many myths (including myths that a Southern candidate can't defeat a Northern candidate) will be bursted over and over.

In 2011, the Northern power brokers attempted to stop GEJ from contesting the election.

IBB, Gusau, Saraki and Atiku were all shouting that GEJ should leave the presidential race for them. Later on, they chose 12 wise Northern men led by Mallam Adamu Chiroma to serve as an electoral college and chose one candidate from the North who will enjoy the support of the whole 'North' and challenge GEJ for the PDP ticket.

Atiki was chosen as the 'North's consesus candidate'. There were more presidential delegates from the North.

Do you know the outcome of the primaries?

Atiku only won majority of the delegates in Sokoto, Kano, Niger and Adamawa States.
I am aware of this.

This Atiku don suffer sha - 2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019.

We will get right 2023.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
IamAtikulate:

I am aware of this.

This Atiku don suffer sha - 2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019.

We will get right 2023.

I want a credible election.

Any of the party that win will have it's positive impacts for the country.

1) If Atiku/PDP win; it will give the party a rare opportunity of second chance, learn from the mistakes of the past and correct them.
It will also bring the Igbos closer to the centre and help in national healings.

2) If APC/Tinubu or Osinbajo wins, it will help to once again shatter the myth of a southern candidate inability to defeat a Northern candidate which will inspire future Southerners to try their lucks irrespective of whose ox is gored.

Tinubu has a great capacity to unite the country by bringing bright minds together.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by IamAtikulate: 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
oyatz:

I want a credible election.

Any of the party that win will have it's positive impacts for the country.

1) If Atiku/PDP win; it will give the party a rare opportunity of second chance, learn from the mistakes of the past and correct them.
It will also bring the Igbos closer to the centre and help in national healings.

2) If APC/Tinubu or Osinbajo wins, it will help to once again shatter the myth of a southern candidate inability to defeat a Northern candidate which will inspire future Southerners to try their lucks irrespective of whose ox is gored.

Tinubu has a great capacity to unite the country by bringing bright minds together.
Other southerners have the same capacity to unite the country.

SW has spent 16 years in the presidency. It is the turn of others.
Re: Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants by oyatz(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
IamAtikulate:

Other southerners have the same capacity to unite the country.

SW has spent 16 years in the presidency. It is the turn of others.

I am not saying they don't.

If they win fine and if they don't it's also fine.

I am just using hypothetical scenerio of APC/Tinubu or Osinbajo Vs PDP/Atiku.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hotels/Commercial Sex hawking: New Emerging Industry In Imo State / PDP Calls For Patriotism….urges Respect For President Buhari / Umar Ganduje Inspects Tiga Dam Hydro Power Plant In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.