Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong (62330 Views)

UK Set To Ban Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Their Families Over / Bringing My Wife To UK As Soon As Possible / Finding A Spouse Abroad Vs Going Oversees With Your Nigerian Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by efficiencie(m): 2:52am On Jan 09, 2021
When you marry a public toilet you can expect be in for a lot of high blood pressure...it doesn't matter whether you take her abroad or not. Provided she is a public utility, everywhere you find yourself with her will be a living hell.
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by damzy88: 3:23am On Jan 09, 2021
omotolarunsewe:
When you bring a woman abroad make sure you ready to treat her like an African queen.don’t let her help out in paying any bills.make sure you have a good job or business,take good care of her. Go on vacations,Don’t cheat on her.she will always remain your queen.my wife came here 14 years ago and she still remain my adorable wife. Be smart and never get jealous when she start making her own $$$
May God help men oo. The "never help you out in paying any bills" got me laughing.

I hope you know life happens and the man may lose his job?

Anyways, what do I know.

4 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Ogbuu101: 3:24am On Jan 09, 2021
nedekid:

Nna, see shape grin
2021 moniker grin
Them go soon collect transport money to come see you from you

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Happy2020: 3:51am On Jan 09, 2021
So many people have opinions about black Americans and you have probably never even come in contact with one for more than 5 minutes.
Just like anywhere else, there are good and bad, man or women. Some women cheat, some don’t, some men cheat, some don’t. Same in every country.

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by optimusprime2(m): 3:57am On Jan 09, 2021
Iyajelili:

Abi? Enough of this abroad stuff for people like us wey get 10million kobo for account
#clears throat... so,
Converting kobo naira, where 100kobo=1Naira
10,000000 kobo= 100,000NGN

Enough to take you from lagos to Cotonou- Benin Republic... no be abroad be that? wink
Abeg stop to dey form... anybody can go abroad
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by akigbemaru: 4:02am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Every now and again, I hear new stories about some men getting "betrayed" by a Nigerian spouse whom they've brought abroad.. however, I can't help but notice that they are often the cause of their own misfortune. As harsh as it sounds, some men have had to learn the hard way that ignorance and hero-complex will cost a man far more than he can ever bargain for..

Category 1: Those with a warped mindset of the " 'cultureless' akata"

My experience:
Let's go back to my uni days some years back.. the dating scene was wild, brutal and exciting.. back then, the disparity was huge between the "freshiees" and UK grown blacks (unlike today) .. but yet, I was opportuned to mix and mingle with so many young Nigerian guys who were in the UK as international students at the time.. some also young working professionals ( of which are still life-long friends of mine up till today)...

..whilst on the dating scene, I noticed that a lot of Nigerian guys seemed to have a mentality that "akata" girls were "too exposed" compared to Nigerian girls back home, so they played games with them, often ditching these girls to marry home-based chicks.. I remember having such a silly and childish dream of relocating to Nigeria back then . Hahha.. and thought I would end up with a "freshiie" who would 'take me back to the motherland'.. haha. though I ended up with someone with a migration story just like mine; we both moved to the UK as kids in the early 2000s.. and my husband is a male 'akata' to core cheesy ..with no intention whatsoever of moving back.

Truth be told, a lot of guys who had temporary flings with "akata" girls ended up moving back to Nigeria, and are still regretting their decision till today.. Many returned to find their girlfriends had moved on and married older men. Others attempted to bring their girlfriends here to find out they've been used as a mere stepping stone to "greener pastures".

Category 2: Those who used and dumped white women for papers and then brought their "ungrateful Nigerian wives" abroad.

Men who are desperate for papers often opt for the easy way out: marrying an older white woman (and in some cases a poor unsuspecting black woman from another African country who has papers) ... they do this with the mindset that they would bring their "real wife" from Nigeria.
Now when their 'wife' divorces them.. these men will scream betrayal, forgetting the trail of heartbreaks they've left behind.. Now how do such men think they will use a foreign woman, break her heart, and yet live happily ever after with an imported bride?? how??

In summary,

When I hear stories of bitter divorces and men killing their spouse whom they brought from Nigeria I can't help but think this could've been avoided if they focused on settling with a so called "akata". Yes, she may not feign fake 'submission' like home-based Nigerian chicks, but what makes her less likely to 'betray' or mess you up is the absence of entitlement mentality.
...someone coming directly from Nigeria typically has a dog eat dog mentality caused by an oppressive system of lack. Whereas an abroad based chick already learns not to depend on a man from as early as 16 - 17 years of age.. most already have part time jobs as students and know the value of working for their money.. they won't take crap but at least what you see is what you get.. abroad based girls (akatas) are not angels but are far better than the pretenders back home y'all believe are "wife materials".. but people generally hold on to an illusion over what is real.
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by akigbemaru: 4:06am On Jan 09, 2021
somegirl1:

A lot of Nigerian men import wives from Nigeria for the wrong reasons.
They pick home-based women over Nigerian women already abroad, foreign black and white women with the mindset that they're easier to manipulate, subdue and control.
Truth is, the only difference between home-based women and Nigerian women abroad is exposure and availability of options, it's only a matter of time before the home-based lady adjusts to her environment.
Rather than bring a poor girl from Nigeria abroad to dictate to her what she's to study and expect her salary as recompense for putting her through school, how about these men invest in themselves, study nursing, medicine etc and make the money themselves.
I would never hand over my earnings to anyone if I had a choice, no one will wholeheartedly.
The moral lesson from these horror stories is for Nigerian men to stop attempting to use home-based women as investments and to stop being delusional about these women remaining subdued in a liberal society.

By the way, Nigerian women abroad also fall prey to home-based men who mistreat them once they leave Nigeria. It's not just the men that have sorrowful tales to tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by InvertedHammer: 4:38am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:
Every now and again, I hear new stories about some men getting "betrayed" by a Nigerian spouse whom they've brought abroad.. however, I can't help but notice that they are often the cause of their own misfortune. As harsh as it sounds, some men have had to learn the hard way that ignorance and hero-complex will cost a man far more than he can ever bargain for..

My experience:
Let's go back to my uni days some years back.. the dating scene was wild, brutal and exciting.. back then, the disparity was huge between the "freshiees" and UK grown blacks (unlike today) .. but yet, I was opportuned to mix and mingle with so many young Nigerian guys who were in the UK as international students at the time.. some also young working professionals ( of which are still life-long friends of mine up till today)...

..whilst on the dating scene, I noticed that a lot of Nigerian guys seemed to have a mentality that "akata" girls were "too exposed" compared to Nigerian girls back home, so they played games with them, often ditching these girls to marry home-based chicks.. I remember having such a silly and childish dream of relocating to Nigeria back then . Hahha.. and thought I would end up with a "freshiie" who would 'take me back to the motherland'.. haha. though I ended up with someone with a migration story just like mine; we both moved to the UK as kids in the early 2000s.. and my husband is a male 'akata' to core cheesy ..with no intention whatsoever of moving back.

Truth be told, a lot of guys who had temporary flings with "akata" girls ended up moving back to Nigeria, and are still regretting their decision till today.. Many returned to find their girlfriends had moved on and married older men. Others attempted to bring their girlfriends here to find out they've been used as a mere stepping stone to "greener pastures".

Category 2: Those who used and dumped white women for papers and then brought their "ungrateful Nigerian wives" abroad.

Men who are desperate for papers often opt for the easy way out: marrying an older white woman (and in some cases a poor unsuspecting black woman from another African country who has papers) ... they do this with the mindset that they would bring their "real wife" from Nigeria.
Now when their 'wife' divorces them.. these men will scream betrayal, forgetting the trail of heartbreaks they've left behind.. Now how do such men think they will use a foreign woman, break her heart, and yet live happily ever after with an imported bride?? how??

In summary,

When I hear stories of bitter divorces and men killing their spouse whom they brought from Nigeria I can't help but think this could've been avoided if they focused on settling with a so called "akata". Yes, she may not feign fake 'submission' like home-based Nigerian chicks, but what makes her less likely to 'betray' or mess you up is the absence of entitlement mentality.
...someone coming directly from Nigeria typically has a dog eat dog mentality caused by an oppressive system of lack. Whereas an abroad based chick already learns not to depend on a man from as early as 16 - 17 years of age.. most already have part time jobs as students and know the value of working for their money.. they won't take crap but at least what you see is what you get.. abroad based girls (akatas) are not angels but are far better than the pretenders back home y'all believe are "wife materials".. but people generally hold on to an illusion over what is real.
/
I have never blamed and will never blame the ladies who abandon their husbands. I blame the mo.ron who thinks his case will be different or "not my portion". They deserve to lose it all for their stvpidity. They refuse to learn from the mistake of others.

Na person river see im leg e dey swallow. As we discuss, one loser is somewhere filing paperworks to bring her over. The best you can do for such a friend is pay him a condolence visit before the Nigerian import arrives.
\

4 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by omoyankee3(m): 4:58am On Jan 09, 2021
angelfallz:
Only These Na story.

If a man marries a good wife take her to mount Everest, take her to the centre of the earth, her character and personality wouldn't change.

Your piece is just advocating for men to marry "akata" girls instead of home based girls. While forgetting that everyone is different.
Or do you want to say that there no bad experiences from men that married "akata" girls?

What you should be advocating for is that men should shine their eyes and marry women with the right character and attitude.

Exactly.

God help us singles in choosing the right person.

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Angelacruz: 5:16am On Jan 09, 2021
Good reply
angelfallz:
Only These Na story.

If a man marries a good wife take her to mount Everest, take her to the centre of the earth, her character and personality wouldn't change.

Your piece is just advocating for men to marry "akata" girls instead of home based girls. While forgetting that everyone is different.
Or do you want to say that there no bad experiences from men that married "akata" girls?

What you should be advocating for is that men should shine their eyes and marry women with the right character and attitude.

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by 360command: 5:28am On Jan 09, 2021
See pot calling Kettle black.
The truth about we Nigerians, we think we are the angels and the akata are the devils.
We go about calling them "akata" forgetting that other countries calls us "alata".
The same way we Nigerians see the akata is the same way other Africans see us as "Nigerians".

This thread no make sense..
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by NLRulesEnforcer: 5:38am On Jan 09, 2021
DarkVader163:
Hi guys, please kindly check out some amazing deals that I am currently offering, in case you are interested in any of the available deals....KINDLY HIT ME UP smiley wink

Brand New
iPhone SE 2020 64GB
available for #145k

iPhone 12 64GB
available for #410K

Used
iPhone 7 32GB

iPhone 7+ 32GB

iPhone X 64GB NO Face ID

iPhone XR 64GB

iPhone 11 64GB

For anyone interested in any of the mentioned devices or wanna make any inquiry concerning any device they are interested in....Please contact via WhatsApp 08025231971 Instagram aj_ofo

Dark Darth Vader, meet Luke Skywalker - here to tell you to kindly receive sense and stop spamming the forum threads with your ads and breaking forum rules. Continue and you will be reported to the Mods and your account permanently banned within the next 24 hours.
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by wany(f): 5:55am On Jan 09, 2021
yinkus6750:
Most women don't appreciate the men under such conditions, majorly due to the fact that the women become more financially successful than the men, hence they felt the man can't control them due to the culture of the new society they are.
Why would you want to control an adult.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by ThreeEyedRaven: 6:06am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:

My experience:

In summary,

Can I get one?
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Rolexjerry(m): 6:11am On Jan 09, 2021
Hintona:

On nairaland or in real life?
Eastern Europe is no different from Africa oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by annyz: 6:11am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:

My experience:

In summary,

It's rare having genuine marriages in this internet world.

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Mcslize: 6:40am On Jan 09, 2021
Leebeedo:

7 years and counting. Like I said in my previous post, pray you don't meet the wrong woman even in Nigeria, a bad woman will always be a bad woman, be in kafachan or Adelaide believe me.

That's good.
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Miccomirror(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2021
Award of Most Funniest Nairalander 2021 goes to you.
leisuretym:
I'm applying for asylum in Japan, I will give a reason so simple and critical, if they ask me why I'm seeking asylum, I will simple say because Bubu is our President.

Any reasonable nation should consider Nigerians for asylum on that ground, Trump is fully aware.

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by CHoccolaTE: 6:47am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:

My point exactly!

You entered those relationships with a preconceived notion that those ladies aren't worthy of marriage simply based on the fact that they aren't "home-based" girls... there is nothing either of those poor women could've done to change your prejudice mindset. You are definitely a 'category 1' brother!

If I may ask, what were the different approaches to dating you observed? (your last point)

Please don't believe everything you read online.
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Ifeconwaba(m): 6:57am On Jan 09, 2021
Nigerian girls wee don turn runs girls finish

1 Like

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Mide3367: 7:00am On Jan 09, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see many guys ranting bitterly on this thread, I see them attacking the op seriously and calling her name's for saying the truth
your Monica said it all. Falseprophet1. All u see na sham. I didn't see men bash her but na u Falseprophet1 dey see am grin
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by supogift(m): 7:00am On Jan 09, 2021
quote author=sweetmelanin post=97809393]Every now and again, I hear new stories about some men getting "betrayed" by a Nigerian spouse whom they've brought abroad.. however, I can't help but notice that they are often the cause of their own misfortune. As harsh as it sounds, some men have had to learn the hard way that ignorance and hero-complex will cost a man far more than he can ever bargain for..

My experience:

In summary,

[/quote]

Same thing with city babes and village babes

Village babe see you as a made man because when travelling you get your clothes starched well ironed they have mentality of you have

But city babes know know how tough its with money in the city

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by CHoccolaTE: 7:03am On Jan 09, 2021
Lol
Nigerian men want submissive mumu zombies as wives.
Women that will forgive their excesses like infidelity or just plain nasty, rude behavior to their wives.

So they run home after getting abroad Visa because women abroad or so called akatas refuse to be disrespected so of course Nigerian men don't like them. They think, "why will a woman expect a man to see her as an equal human being? Why? Why can't I have a woman that contributes to home finances and pays bills but also tolerates my nasty behavior and infidelity?"

Look, nobody likes being oppressed and subjugated, nobody, not even women. That is why many women always seize the opportunity to emancipate themselves when they get to a liberal society.

I dont blame you males for expecting docility and timidity from your Nigerian wives, you grew up in a country where women are 2nd class citizens and taught to accept almost anything marriage throws at them that is why you find it hard to just get married to foreign women instead of looking for a wife with high bullshit tolerance thresholds.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by wjxavier(m): 7:10am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:

In summary,

Your angle is all about Karma. What about the good guys who never hurt a fly but their wives grow wings on them? This is the most prevalent case.

What do you have to say about that?

The truth is that America is a woman’s paradise. The government supports women to the core and the disadvantage of men.

I know a guy who was broke when his wife had a baby. It was from the hospital they were telling her the Govt would support her financially IF she dumps his azz.

Truth is, the world is changing diabolically. The family is under attack. This is the BIG picture to keep in mind.

When the Centre can no longer hold, the devil has reign. So all these dumpings are not just physical shyte. They’re spiritual in nature.

Keep in mind always that the devils goal is the destruction of the family system. When this is achieved, it is easy for a kid to wake up one day and say they prefer to be another gender. Or to be ghey.

This is the big picture. If women have it in mind, they won’t be seeking liberation so eagerly.

7 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by chrisj2(m): 7:11am On Jan 09, 2021
The analysis is too simplistic! There are far more factors and this particular assessment concentrated too much on the men (yes, there are more men bringing spouses than women) and almost a comparison with abroad girls and home Nja ones.

For starters, there are not many Nigerian women in some parts of the UK for example, so the choices are very limited... There are also many types of Nigerian male UK citizens and that also plays a factor...

A Nja child of second or third generation that has never set foot in Nja and that the parents are thoroughly westernised and integrated might easily marry a white, African, Asian or even abroad likewise Nja lady.
However, there are Nja men that comes to study or work and already have girlfriends or even fiancee and some wives in Nja already - they decide to bring these women abroad - that is a natural thing to do. Is it not?

5 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by sweetmelanin(f): 7:26am On Jan 09, 2021
wjxavier:

Your angle is all about Karma. What about the good guys who never hurt a fly but their wives grow wings on them? This is the most prevalent case.

What do you have to say about that?

The truth is that America is a woman’s paradise. The government supports women to the core and the disadvantage of men.

I know a guy who was broke when his wife had a baby. It was from the hospital they were telling her the Govt would support her financially IF she dumps his azz.

Truth is, the world is changing diabolically. The family is under attack. This is the BIG picture to keep in mind.

When the Centre can no longer hold, the devil has reign. So all these dumpings are not just physical shyte. They’re spiritual in nature.

Keep in mind always that the devils goal is the destruction of the family system. When this is achieved, it is easy for a kid to wake up one day and say they prefer to be another gender. Or to be ghey.

This is the big picture. If women have it in mind, they won’t be seeking liberation so eagerly.

I honestly can't disagree with your points..

4 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by sweetmelanin(f): 7:33am On Jan 09, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It wasn't difficult to form that notion, but it was never preconceived. It happened only after I met them, though before we started dating. In fact, with both girls, I only dated them because they asked me out, and they were attractive; to be honest.

It's hard to put a finger on why I knew it wasn't ever going to work out, but one noticeable thing was that there was never any give and take. Normal relationships are all about compromise, but they made it patently clear that I was to accept everything on their own terms. The basic idea being; "take me as I am or get out". For example, one was a smoker and would not even consider restricting her smoking to our balcony at my place, even when I told her that my roommates didn't like the smell she left behind. There was always some underlying pride or belief that they were something special. Why would I want to take such women home to meet my traditional family?

..and home based women don't have such belief?
..entitled women who treat relationships/ marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme. ...this is why when you bring them abroad they begin to act up once they realise they don't need you anymore...

Love how you told a very sterotypical story about the akata that smokes by the way, hmmmmm
. how convenient! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 09, 2021
sweetmelanin:

..and home based women don't have such belief?
..entitled women who treat relationships/ marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme. ...this is why when you bring them abroad they begin to act up once they realise they don't need you anymore...

Love how you told a very sterotypical story about the akata that smokes by the way, hmmmmm
. how convenient! cheesy

That they are superior? No. Home based Nigerian women don't think this way. They've not had the indoctrination of a Western childhood and the Western protection from discipline that foreign based women have. As for looking down on them as being poor and hungry, that is exactly what I meant by the sense of despicable arrogant superiority displayed by akata girls. Your mocking statement about home based Nigerian girls just expressed a classic example of my statement, thank you. It's very off-putting, to me at least. The irony is that many akata girls are daughters of immigrants working as bus drivers and their families are very often on welfare benefits; and it's not like they all went to Oxford or Cambridge; so I really fail to understand just what it is they feel so superior about.

I wasn't aware that my experience with the smoker was stereotypical nor is it her smoking in particular that put me off, since I was also a smoker at the time. I merely cited it as an example of her inability or unwillingness to compromise, typical of akata girls. Needless to say, we didn't last long together. It's always the little incidents that trigger the breaking point.

8 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Sammyashol(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2021
Brendaniel:
I still don't know how some men behave o, like if they don't marry a Nigerian woman or a woman from their village then they have not married, though I don't have plans right now of relocating, but if I happen to relocate, I will marry in that country, whether na chinese, japanese, india, africa, arabian whatever ever race, I go marry and that will be my only wife.... I mean are they not human beings like you, my children remain my children whether they are half-caste or not and will always know their root, abeg I hate drama and don't have time for it....

I am not importing anybody from anywhere, the only people I can import are family members and close friends, relationship na for the country I dey e go start with any girl wey God give me for there...

After I go abroad go hustle na bus dey go come dey enter for naija, God forbid...
A PLATE OF NKWOBI WITH CHILLED ENERGY DRINK FOR YOU
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by mabea: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2021
leisuretym:
I'm applying for asylum in Japan, I will give a reason so simple and critical, if they ask me why I'm seeking asylum, I will simple say because Bubu is our President.

Any reasonable nation should consider Nigerians for asylum on that ground, Trump is fully aware.
Funny but there's sense in it.
Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by wany(f): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
Lol
Nigerian men want submissive mumu zombies as wives.
Women that will forgive their excesses like infidelity or just plain nasty, rude behavior to their wives.

So they run home after getting abroad Visa because women abroad or so called akatas refuse to be disrespected so of course Nigerian men don't like them. They think, "why will a woman expect a man to see her as an equal human being? Why? Why can't I have a woman that contributes to home finances and pays bills but also tolerates my nasty behavior and infidelity?"

Look, nobody likes being oppressed and subjugated, nobody, not even women. That is why many women always seize the opportunity to emancipate themselves when they get to a liberal society.

I dont blame you males for expecting docility and timidity from your Nigerian wives, you grew up in a country where women are 2nd class citizens and taught to accept almost anything marriage throws at them that is why you find it hard to just get married to foreign women instead of looking for a wife with high bullshit tolerance thresholds.

You said it all dear.

4 Likes

Re: Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong by Rushna27(f): 8:21am On Jan 09, 2021
hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Photo Of Keke Carrying A Big Water Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.