Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,346 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

NIN: Is The Government Trying To Control The Activities Of It's Citizen? An OPIN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN: Is The Government Trying To Control The Activities Of It's Citizen? An OPIN (187 Views)

Is Lagos Government Trying To Chase The Poor Out Of Lagos? / Isa Pantami: NIN Is Mandatory For Foreign Diplomats / Kaduna Inland Dry Port : A Look At The Activities Of Nigeria's First Dry Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NIN: Is The Government Trying To Control The Activities Of It's Citizen? An OPIN by born2loveee(f): 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
The sudden need to get one's NIN (National Identification Number) linked to personal and business phone numbers has been a source of concern to me. During registration of any Sim ,one is required to provide finger prints and a must do face capture to make the registration complete and sometimes your email is also connected to the Sim card.

What then is the federal government goal in making it a must to include an identification number?

For most of us that have the identification number, if you can recall during the registration we provided sensitive details like our home addresses, BVN numbers, down to both immediate parents state of origin and local governments.

The government are yet to give any concrete reason on why the need to link such sensitive information to phone numbers.

If you recall during the endsars protest some people alleged to have received strange calls from private numbers threatening and asking them to stop leading the protests.

I can't help but worry about the motive of the federal government behind this move.

I sincerely hope it won't be used against us in the general election in 2023, or in any national crises.

Pls I really need your thought on this. Or am I over worrying?

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Congratulates Tambuwal At 55 / Active Voice Subscribers Increased By 4.59% In Q3 2020 – NBS / Notorious Kidnappers Pays Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.