Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale (25160 Views)

NCC Warns Against ‘Yanluowang’ Malware, Urges Stronger Security Measures / NCC Identifies 2 Cyber Vulnerabilities, Warns Against Public Charging Of Phones / GSM Booster: NCC Warns Against Unauthorized Use Of Telecommunication Boosters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by andyanders: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
cjudy:
shocked

Oga which kind lie be this? You rejected 3million dollars (1.38billion naira) next time lie to zone B.

Meanwhile abeg give me the guy contact make I contact, he need to buy my own.
don't mind the guy. I don't think that he knows what dollar is. Even with that amount, the person can buy NIN officials over.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Chris2863(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
What OP reported is 100% true! Unscrupulous criminal elements are going about looking for unsuspecting Nigerians to induce into selling their NIN which they will use for their nefarious activities! Please don't fall for it!

One suspect accosted me yesterday offering to buy my NIN for $3 million (USD) but I strongly rejected it. He disappeared before I could call the police.. Same thing happened to my friend, Yusuf. He was offered $130k which he also rejected!

So please, Nigerians, let's NOT be greedy and foolish... Selling your NIN is like selling your freedom, your identity! If anything bad happens, nobody will believe your story.

As for the criminals doing this thing, the long arm of the law will soon catch up with you!

Nigeria must better, by fire by force!
Lies from the pit of hell, you don see children. If them come again, direct them to me.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by ofiko123(m): 10:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
Nice one.. the EFCC is working...
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Chris2863(m): 10:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
grin grin He feels we are children
cjudy:
shocked

Oga which kind lie be this? You rejected 3million dollars (1.38billion naira) next time lie to zone B.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Oshokalo: 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
let us open their ass for extorting us
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by samwillyco1(m): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
Corrupt and rotten organization have no moral right to advice citizens on what to do
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Go5DY(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
cjudy:
shocked

no mind all those one them go just dey talk anyhow them think say nah illiterate dey here

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by abosede35876: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2021
Person wan buy NIN $130k?Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Seyzcham91(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
grin
MejiLoyon:
Days ago them say make I pay 5k. I jejely reverse carry the money enter hotel order orijin with catfish and one packet of Benson.
I can't pay for my right.
Useless country
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by santosrapheal(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
This country is Bleep up why will i pay 5k for nin am tire of this country pls ghana shold give visa
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by edoairways: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
oluwasegun007:
NIN registration,

Right move at the wrong time as always
The registration had been on for long period of time but many Nigerians were reluctant
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Trustedpro: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:
What OP reported is 100% true! Unscrupulous criminal elements are going about looking for unsuspecting Nigerians to induce into selling their NIN which they will use for their nefarious activities! Please don't fall for it!

One suspect accosted me yesterday offering to buy my NIN for $3 million (USD) but I strongly rejected it. He disappeared before I could call the police.. Same thing happened to my friend, Yusuf. He was offered $130k which he also rejected!

So please, Nigerians, let's NOT be greedy and foolish... Selling your NIN is like selling your freedom, your identity! If anything bad happens, nobody will believe your story.

As for the criminals doing this thing, the long arm of the law will soon catch up with you!

I beg! How can I get the contact of the NIN buyers...I can take the risk.
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by studentofTruth: 12:10am On Jan 08, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://punchng.com/sim-registration-efcc-warns-against-nin-sale/

I can't even begin to imagine the consequences of the nonsense they're talking about if it's really possible.

I mean, if it's possible for someone to use another person's NIN and, God forbid, possibly Link it with his/her SIM, then not only is the purpose of this process defeated; we all are in trouble.

It is the NIMC officials that will be selling people's NIN, and innocent people will start answering for what they know nothing about.

People submit their NIN to these NIMC officials, and for all we know, they can be compromised!

So if someone's NIN can be linked to another's SIM, what the criminals need is to pay the right officials and get as many NINs as he wants. He can then use them to register Sim cards and do as he pleases.

In this case, the entire process is useless because it can be compromised.

The process should be such that the the biometrics taken at NIN must match the biometrics taken at Sim registration, and can't mismatch should lead to the rejection of the Sim registration. Should that be the case, EFCC is talking nonsense! But if it's not the case, the compromise can even come from the NIMC officials selling people's NIN. In other words, an individual who never sold his/her NIN, may have it in the wrong hands because a NIMC possibly sold it.

Our lawyers should take note of this so that when this unintelligent agency start frustrating innocent citizens for what they know nothing about, they'll put them in their place. If the system is porous, you don't blame the citizens for that. I mean, they will have to prove that it's the individual, rather than the NIMC officials, who sold the individual's NIN!

I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by studentofTruth: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2021
ofiko123:
Nice one.. the EFCC is working...

Working ke? If their assertion is remotely possible, the entire process is a mess and a total waste of time and resources and should be discontinued until the get it right.

NIMC officials can also sell people's NIN if their assertion is possible.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by learnedman(m): 12:19am On Jan 08, 2021
All these criminals in government should let us be abeg! Wicked and heartless fools
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Viganti(m): 1:08am On Jan 08, 2021
[I wish to sell mine..
Beta money oo! Both my NIN and three sim .buyer Dm ASAP ...let me see how there will track me when I'm out from this useless country ote author= post=97826614]
Those are the criminals, kidnappers, ritualists, Boko Haram, Pipe line Vandals, and all manner of Nigerians involved in all manner of crimes.

They know what this NIN really means to the betterment of Nigeria, they must have seen how millions of cases abroad have been solved just by the use of your phone number by detectives.

What they are out to do is to buy as much as innocent Nigerians sim card to be using for their nefarious activities, cos if at the end the police track the number, it will be traced back to the innocent Citizens.

It is a shame that even after reading this, you will still find many greedy Nigerians still go ahead and sell their number just to enjoy for now and languish in prison for the remaining years they have to live.

He or she who has ears.......let them ear.

#WeDidOurPart[/quote]
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by banio: 5:22am On Jan 08, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Do You think if a staff of NIMC is accosted to sell a NIN for #3 million, he won't look for any unlucky person and sell his or her NIN and bio-data. Second scenario, if a staff of NIMC child is kidnapped and the ransom is providing a NIN number, what do You think will happen ?.
I am not advising you to sell your NIN for #3 million, but just letting you know that NIN will only bring injustice to good people. Because all a criminal needs is to use another person's NIN and perpetrate his EVIL.
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Kaykay999(m): 6:35am On Jan 08, 2021
They are just calling for war !!!
And when they finally block sims then another protest will start again
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Kaykay999(m): 6:37am On Jan 08, 2021
Men will just buy aboki nin grin grin
All this Hausa malams cheesy
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Unrated900(m): 6:43am On Jan 08, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Days ago them say make I pay 5k. I jejely reverse carry the money enter hotel order orijin with catfish and one packet of Benson.
Useless country

Very useless brother...
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by LuverBoi16(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2021
SilverNorGold:

All I smell is lies.
keep it up�

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Tonyspecial(m): 7:09am On Jan 08, 2021
SilverNorGold:

I want to sell mine, should I give you my number pls
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by altteemy: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2021
Whenever there is a will, there is a way. This connectivity should have long been done when scams and so on started. The rush became pertinent when the kastina kidnapping happened.

This means, boko haram will be restricted in contacting their Nigerian allies, kidnappers won't be able to ask for ransom without physical presence. Funny scammers can't call you again.

Some websites have also started popping up asking people to share to get money it gifts but the purpose is only to gather data.

Whoever is now silly to give out his details, name and nin to an outsider will have himself or herself to blame as there buyers are the ones the FG is fighting against.

Being in prison in place of a terrorist, kidnapper or scammer will certainly make some people wiser over time.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by GaniyuAnda(m): 11:43am On Jan 08, 2021
I trust u
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by mincha2: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
SilverNorGold:

pls send the buyer to me
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Toktee(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Useless country
you still smoked in this 21century...?

You are worst than Nigeria.

I come in peace, offence not intended.
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by Princewell2012(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
cjudy:
shocked

grin
cjudy:
shocked

Honestly laugh won kill me for here. I thought I was the only one who saw it.
Re: EFCC Warns Against NIN Sale by odonkoro: 3:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
Why should the government asked people to come and pay for a mistake obviously committed by a bank clerk? This APC government is just finding ways to extort money from citizens at all cost.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remember These Nokia Phones? / This LG Smartphone Cost $1,790 And The Company Only Made 300 / How Do I Track My Phone That Just Got Stolen? Pls HELP!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.