Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,779 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year (1395 Views)

FCMB Founder, Subomi Balogun Is Dead / Online Loan Apps Have Ruined My Life With Debts.. / HOW FCMB SOLD A JOINT VENTURE TO AMCON IN THE NAME OF NON-PERFORMING LOAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hello everyone. I am typing this in a state of depression as I could hardly garner enough energy to do this at this time.

My problem began when I sent some money into my FCMB account to keep it safe till I will need it to travel for Christmas and also for the Christmas and New Year Celebration. Alas, I was only joking as I never knew that I was putting my money into the lion's den. About 3 days before Christmas, which I intended travelling and buying stuffs which I would take to my state of origin for the celebration, I tried to withdraw my money, but to my surprise, my account has been frozen. I went to FCMB and asked them for my money. Then all sorts of excuses began. They were asking me to come and upgrade my account, that I should come with my NIN Slip.
The slip I had only contained the tracking ID, so it was not accepted. I tried to get NIN Slip reprint all to no avail, but my money is stuck in my bank.

I don't know why FCMB should suddenly start freezing people's account because of
NIN at this crucial time, when even network providers haven't blocked anyone's account. I have been borrowing to feed and go to work since December and my lenders are disturbing me to pay them back when I have #31,000 in the account frozen for no reasons at all.

I even borrowed 2k to try if I can get the slip through WhatsApp from one guy called Awani Daniel Oritshedereh who claimed to be retrieving NIN slip and sending it to people on WhatsApp with #2000. Till date, I have not received the NIN slip. I don't have a dime for either feeding or transportation to work. I don't have a dime for transport to work or feeding. Help me share this message online until FCMB will see it. Their customer care don't care at all and I'll advise potential customers to be careful in dealing with them because they can disappoint you at any time.

My frozen account number is 6507822027
Pls share this message on Facebook, Twitter etc. until FCMB itself sees it.

2 Likes

Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by TANID(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2021
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
Please help me move this to the front page so that the right people can see. I am depressed right now.
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Sundrus: 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
U still dey use the same FCMB account take beg for money undecided

1 Like

Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sundrus:

Pls nobody should send me money o. I'm not a begger please. I'm just putting the account number there in case any FCMB official wants to verify my claims.

1 Like

Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
Mod, pls frontpage. Save a girl.
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
Frontpage pls
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by NTPGARRIfactory(m): 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2021
They should have sent you a reminder countless times before they fine your account. But if they don't, they I withdraw my defense. All these commercial banks have regulators. I might not totally blame them.
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Sundrus: 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
graymama:

Pls nobody should send me money o. I'm not a begger please. I'm just putting the account number there in case any FCMB official wants to verify my claims.
cheesy chaii una suppose get committee of Nairaland scammers.
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by iretiolu92(f): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sundrus:
lolss
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by iretiolu92(f): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
graymama:

okay
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sundrus:
cheesy chaii una suppose get committee of Nairaland scammers.

You think everybody is a scammer? Okay, let me remove the account number and see what else you'll have to say. Now what should I put there in place of the acct no. so that my claims could be verified? Prof, over to you. cool
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Womanizer(m): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
FCMB again
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
Womanizer:
FCMB again
Help me call mods to move this to fp abeg.
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by spice123(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
graymama:
Hello everyone. I am typing this in a state of depression as I could hardly garner enough energy to do this at this time.

My problem began when I sent some money into my FCMB account to keep it safe till I will need it to travel for Christmas and also for the Christmas and New Year Celebration. Alas, I was only joking as I never knew that I was putting my money into the lion's den. About 3 days before Christmas, which I intended travelling and buying stuffs which I would take to my state of origin for the celebration, I tried to withdraw my money, but to my surprise, my account has been frozen. I went to FCMB and asked them for my money. Then all sorts of excuses began. They were asking me to come and upgrade my account, that I should come with my NIN Slip.
The slip I had only contained the tracking ID, so it was not accepted. I tried to get NIN Slip reprint all to no avail, but my money is stuck in my bank.

I don't know why FCMB should suddenly start freezing people's account because of
NIN at this crucial time, when even network providers haven't blocked anyone's account. I have been borrowing to feed and go to work since December and my lenders are disturbing me to pay them back when I have #31,000 in the account frozen for no reasons at all.

I even borrowed 2k to try if I can get the slip through WhatsApp from one guy called Awani Daniel Oritshedereh who claimed to be retrieving NIN slip and sending it to people on WhatsApp with #2000. Till date, I have not received the NIN slip. I don't have a dime for either feeding or transportation to work. Please help, I don't have a dime for transport to work or feeding. Help me share this message online until FCMB will see it. Their customer care don't care at all and I'll advise potential customers to be careful in dealing with them because they can disappoint you at any time.

FCMB - My bank and I. It means your money is our money..... Lolsssss

1 Like

Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
spice123:

FCMB - My bank and I. It means your money is our money..... Lolsssss

See me o. I was running away from UBA because of strange deductions from my account every now and then, only to fall into another gbege. After this, maybe I'll start keeping my money in pits. embarassed
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
NTPGARRIfactory:
They should have sent you a reminder countless times before they fine your account. But if they don't, they I withdraw my defense. All these commercial banks have regulators. I might not totally blame them.
I wasn't sent any reminder at all and I don't even know why they should be enforcing linking banks with NIN. I thought it's BVN we are supposed to be linking banks with. Which one is NIN again?
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Frezhkid10(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
graymama:
I wasn't sent any reminder at all and I don't even know why they should be enforcing linking banks with NIN. I thought it's BVN we are supposed to be linking banks with. Which one is NIN again?
..oga it's not about linking but upgrading ur account..u use any national identification card to upgrade an account not only NIN..and the law has been in existence for more than 2 years now..
1. How did u open the account..? From ur story ur account is a tier 1 account..so u have transferred more than the acceptable limit set by CBN hence the blocking..The best thing for you is to go and upgrade the account with any national identity card , Coz no one will open that account for you sven the bank CEO!!!...
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Frezhkid10:
..oga it's not about linking but upgrading ur account..u use any national identification card to upgrade an account not only NIN..and the law has been in existence for more than 2 years now..
1. How did u open the account..? From ur story ur account is a tier 1 account..so u have transferred more than the acceptable limit set by CBN hence the blocking..The best thing for you is to go and upgrade the account with any national identity card , Coz no one will open that account for you sven the bank CEO!!!...

I opened the account in the bank and I gave them all necessary details they required from me. Why should they open a tier 1 account for me in the first place? I never asked them to do this.
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2021
Front page pls
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Frezhkid10(m): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2021
graymama:

I opened the account in the bank and I gave them all necessary details they required from me. Why should they open a tier 1 account for me in the first place? I never asked them to do this.
...Did u present any national I.D at the point of opening...If no then don't ask why would they open a tier1 account..Go and get any national I.D and upgrade ur account..it can be drivers license, passport, voter's card or national I.d...
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Atk1nson(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2021
Sundrus:

I was even thinking FCMB also took your spouse too.

Thank God for your case. Nobody ever died because a bank temporarily withholds their money
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by graymama: 12:16am On Jan 08, 2021
Frezhkid10:
...Did u present any national I.D at the point of opening...If no then don't ask why would they open a tier1 account..Go and get any national I.D and upgrade ur account..it can be drivers license, passport, voter's card or national I.d...
That's the problem. They should not open any kind of tier account for people without their knowledge. If they had told me initially that they are opening an abnormal account like this for me, I would have declined, or at least they should let me know the do's and don't of the account they we're intending to open. Now how can I get any of these I.D's within a twinkling of an eye?
Re: How FCMB Ruined My Christmas And New Year by Kayberg: 1:48am On Jan 08, 2021
From the lessons they taught me, FCMB is an irresponsible bank. I'm not sorry to say this because after I got scammed on December 23rd 2020 of all my savings, I called their fraud desk. Immediately I mentioned I've been scammed, the lady who answered my call told me to hold on as she would forward my call to who would attend to me.

I obliged as I had no choice.
Several minutes past, nobody answered me.
I kept waiting hopefully to get a reply but nothing came.
Until all my airtime was exhausted in vain.

I rushed to their email, typed all plea in pains explaining to them what happened, sent them all screenshots from almost day one of my chat with the legit sounding scammer, and even begged them to help in recovering my money.
Till date, they're yet to reply.

I went to their Twitter handle, complained there and I was ignored. I sent them DMs, yet no reply.
I complained to Wema Bank, and same day they replied.
I complained to First Bank and they also replied after some days that I should report the issue to FCMB as they are the only one who can do something about it.

Till date, FCMB is yet to reply my email or my tweets.

I've decided that should I survive this, I'm closing my account with them.
I just wish GOD can help me get to the level that I'd come back to acquire FCMB. Then will I dismiss all their staffs and recruit responsible and serious ones to replace them.

They are very very much IRRESPONSIBLE.

(1) (Reply)

Luno Is Trending On Twitter!!!! / Claim 1 $BETH Airdrop / Buy A House And Pay Instalmentally In 20-30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.