Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,749 members, 7,827,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? (8162 Views)

See The Scam SMS I Received Today / Did You Get This Message From MTN? / Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
surprising to me because I don't even have national identification number, but today I inserted my Etisalat inside my phone few minutes later I received a confirmation message that my national identification number has been linked successfully.
mind you I didn't dial any code whatsoever, and I don't even have national identification number. I only know that I registered the simcard with my correct details.

what could possibly happen ?

is the linked NIN number valid ?

do I have anything to worry about ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by ihimiray(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2021
Maybe through ur bvn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 12:13am On Jan 08, 2021
ihimiray:
Maybe through ur bvn
but I didn't even attempt to link anything, just like that.
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by duro4chang(m): 12:34am On Jan 08, 2021
May be your sim has been used by someone else before or somebody who has NIN has linked your number through NIMC app.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by jaxxy(m): 4:55am On Jan 08, 2021
How long have u been using that SIM card or line?
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 6:20am On Jan 08, 2021
jaxxy:
How long have u been using that SIM card or line?
I bought and registered it July 2020
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by eleojo23: 6:44am On Jan 08, 2021
Probably somebody mistakenly entered your number as his/her own while linking what he/she thought was his/her number.

You know if you change a digit of your phone number it becomes another person's.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Kiddo01(m): 6:49am On Jan 08, 2021
Attention seeker, screenshot the messages let's see, besides there is no network in Nigeria called etisalat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2021
Kiddo01:
Attention seeker, screenshot the messages let's see, besides there is no network in Nigeria called etisalat

thank you very much grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 6:55am On Jan 08, 2021
e be as if this NIN don make 78% Nigerians lose sense. see fake lier, Kai na because creating of thread de cheap on nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by portacabin: 7:18am On Jan 08, 2021
Qrash:
I bought and registered it July 2020
that's the issue
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by 1x2x3: 7:38am On Jan 08, 2021
Very possible. I stopped using a number about 7 years ago and since then someone else has been using the line. I recently downloaded the mobile app for NIN, when I inputted my NIN for verification, I found out the number I stopped using 7 years ago is linked to it and there's no way I can delete it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:07am On Jan 08, 2021
1x2x3:
Very possible. I stopped using a number about 7 years ago and since then someone else has been using the line. I recently downloaded the mobile app for NIN, when I inputted my NIN for verification, I found out the number I stopped using 7 years ago is linked to it and there's no way I can delete it.
you see. and some above are calling me attention sicker because of their own ignorant.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by olatunbosun12362: 8:08am On Jan 08, 2021
:Attention seeker, screenshot the messages let's see, besides there is no network in Nigeria called etisalat thank you very much
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:08am On Jan 08, 2021
Kiddo01:
Mr 9mobile is what ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:11am On Jan 08, 2021
olatunbosun12362:
:Attention seeker, screenshot the messages let's see, besides there is no network in Nigeria called etisalat thank you very much
too many mad people on Nairaland these days. me seeking attention from you? or who ?
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:14am On Jan 08, 2021
portacabin:
that's the issue
I thought as much maybe it is a recycled simcard
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 08, 2021
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by 1x2x3: 8:29am On Jan 08, 2021
Qrash:
I thought as much maybe it is a recycled simcard

It is recycled and I think this number recycling issue will put people in problems. NCC doesn't even care if numbers are recycled or not which makes me wonder who suffers in case of eventualities.

In my case I never registered for NIN before, I only did BVN but recently I found out they automatically generated NIN for me when I did BVN registration and without my knowledge they linked it to a number i stopped using 7 years ago which MTN has sold to another person...... Now what happens if the person commits a crime with it?

I know in the real sense and with a good lawyer I can pull through with evidences showing MTN resold it however, this is Nigeria and one can go in for it.

I urge NCC and NIMC to make provision for people to easily unlink strange numbers from their NIN through their website as I don't have a way to do that. Again if you head to their office, they will request payment to take off such info.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:31am On Jan 08, 2021
1x2x3:

It is recycled and I think this number recycling issue will put people in problems. NCC doesn't even care if numbers are recycled or not which makes me wonder who suffers in case of eventualities.

In my case I never registered for NIN before, I only did BVN but recently I found out they automatically generated NIN for me when I did BVN registration and without my knowledge they linked it to a number i stopped using 7 years ago which MTN has sold to another person...... Now what happens if the person commits a crime with it?

I know in the real sense and with a good lawyer I can pull through with evidences showing MTN resold it however, this is Nigeria and one can go in for it.

I urge NCC and NIMC to make provision for people to easily unlink strange numbers from their NIN through their website as I don't have a way to do that. Again if you head to their office, they will request payment to take off such info.
it's true. look the comments above and see some calling me attention seeker or a lier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:33am On Jan 08, 2021
Skyvexkent:
Lost my national Id card
How do I get another one
you will have to go to any NIN registration center new you to register new one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2021
Qrash:
Mr 9mobile is what ?
you lack sense grin 9mobile is 9mobile
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:42am On Jan 08, 2021
LordviccoDaGuru:

you lack sense grin 9mobile is 9mobile
can anyone tell this idiot that Etisalat was renamed to 9mobile ?you call yourself guru and you don't have even an atom of brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by 1x2x3: 8:49am On Jan 08, 2021
Qrash:
it's true. look the comments above and see some calling me attention seeker or a lier.

They put more attention in proving you lied rather than see the possibility of such happening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:52am On Jan 08, 2021
1x2x3:

They put more attention in proving you lied rather than see the possibility of such happening.
I don't even understand why someone will just wake up from no where and start calling another person a lier over what's not his concern more of what he's ignorant about.
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by osmosis101(m): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2021
Everything concerning NIGERIA, na SCAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 8:55am On Jan 08, 2021
osmosis101:
Everything concerning NIGERIA, na SCAM
Nigeria is a joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by MOVIC6: 9:03am On Jan 08, 2021
No mind that attention seeker
Qrash:
Mr 9mobile is what ?
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2021
MOVIC6:
No mind that attention seeker
thanks they just like to find trouble especially with blind argument.
Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by ihimiray(m): 9:06am On Jan 08, 2021
Qrash:
but I didn't even attempt to link anything, just like that.
most people who register for bvn are bin issued nin too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Received This Message About NIN Just Like That. any explanation? by Qrash(m): 9:07am On Jan 08, 2021
ihimiray:
most people who register for bvn are bin issued nin too
if that's true then it is a welcome development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality / Etisalat Blackberry Balance / MTN Rave, MTN Vybe And MTN Lyte (Phones)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.