Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,147 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times (2837 Views)

YAF: Yoruba Group Rejects Calls For Nigeria’s Disintegration (Pictures) / Nigeria Close To Becoming A Failed State, Says Financial Times Of London / Trump Said Buhari Is So Lifeless - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by budaatum: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Go back and read the article again. Your country is growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year.

I know Federal Government workers who are being owed 2 months salaries, which has never happened before in the country's history because it used to be only state and local governments that lack the ability to pay their workers.

2021 is going to make 2020 look like experimental practicals.

My own Governor Aregbesola owed many months salary in 2015 and Federal workers were not getting paid then either, so I don't see why you think this is new.

My country is not growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year. It is lazy fuqs like you wailing that it is growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year without realising you must work before you eat.

Perhaps educate yourself more with a useful skill so you don't have to rely on crumbs from the federal government then you will not be growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year.
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by TruthHurts1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
Forgive my ignorance dear. Of course your country is growing richer and richer with every year that passes. Your "intelligence" is as impressive as Nigeria's economic disaster , sorry progress. A progress which the whole world is dying to imitate grin

[img]https://images./6u7qMrwgLigbU1475KLtET.jpg[/img]

budaatum:

My own Governor Aregbesola owed many months salary in 2015 and Federal workers were not getting paid then either, so I don't see why you think this is new.

My country is not growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year. It is lazy fuqs like you wailing that it is growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year without realising you must work before you eat.

Perhaps educate yourself more with a useful skill so you don't have to rely on crumbs from the federal government then you will not be growing more and more wretched and impoverished with each passing year.
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by nairaman66(m): 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
NONSENSICAL. What would you lot say about America

Do you know anything about standard of living, GDP? Access to medical facility? Jobs? Power?
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
Legenghero
I'm curious on your input on this,
Do we wait till it all comes crumbling down?
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by budaatum: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Forgive my ignorance dear. Of course your country is growing richer and richer with every year that passes. Your "intelligence" is as impressive as Nigeria's economic disaster , sorry progress. A progress which the whole world is dying to imitate grin

[img]https://images.plur k.com/6u7qMrwgLigbU1475KLtET.jpg[/img]

I would not expect you not to only see the current state of my country. You probably do not know how far we have come in our short history so do not know what progress we have made which makes me wonder if you are from one of those countries that do not teach history.

If you did know history you'd know we used to be so poor we sold our own people but do that no more because we are more intelligent now and wiser and richer. That's not to say we do not have a long way to go, just that we have come far in so short a while is my point. I however understand your pessimism in my abilities, but you are going to forgive me for my optimism. It's my country, see, and what it is and becomes depends on me and my efforts in improving myself, and my country, since they are intrinsically the same thing, and that I daily do.

Of course you might be one of the destroyers who just want my country split into tiny competing parts that can be much easier exploited, but I see such people as just another obstacle I need to work harder to surmount so better things are said about my country Nigeria, if not now, at least when I grow up. I am certain you would be optimistic too if you were Nigerian, especially if you were the responsible energetic sort who believes a country is made by the efforts of its citizens.

Giving up on your nation and calling it poverty capital and zoo etc just shows you need to evolve from caged animal to rich intelligent citizen, is what I'd think, and we can only encourage positiveness in your own ability to improve to develop your nation.

You, hurts1, will kindly be patient at my own pressumed slow evolution. I truly am working really hard at making my country Nigeria better, just that obstacles like you keep popping up to pull us down so I work much harder everyday.
And trust me, buda does not tire.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12851549_notable02284_jpeg28f689a4e008cceda85e10373b6aa6a7
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by budaatum: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
gidgiddy:
Nigeria has failed and there is no other way but disintegration. Project Lord Lugard turned out to be a complete and utter disaster

I doubt you realise you are the Nigeria.

You will need to forgive me but I can not agree that you have failed because I see immense potential in the long future ahead of you and believe that if you look you will see it too.
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by Banmeallday: 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fortune118005:
You know what... this nation cannot divide

Says who? Is it your papa dem that created it or named it Nigger Area?
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by budaatum: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
Fortune118005:
You know what... this nation cannot divide
It seriously can not because the glue that holds us together as a nation is too strong though many don't know what the glue is.

To those of you who will quote buda, state what the glue is and give five examples so I know you know what you talk about please.
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by TruthHurts1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Spoken like the unfortunate result of a lab accident which you are!

Your beloved "country" was created not on the basis of any cohesive plan or philosophy, but for the administrative convenience of some European colonial overlords!

That's why all the signs of a failing state like wretchedness, poverty, incompetent leadership, corruption, illiteracy, banditry, armed robbery, cultism, hunger, disease (endless woes!) are manifesting themselves mightily and your brain dead AAso Rock hand puppet is watching helplessly like a stuffed animal! grin

Continue wallowing in self deception!

budaatum:

I would not expect you not to only see the current state of my country. You probably do not know how far we have come in our short history so do not know what progress we have made which makes me wonder if you are from one of those countries that do not teach history.

If you did know history you'd know we used to be so poor we sold our own people but do that no more because we are more intelligent now and wiser and richer. That's not to say we do not have a long way to go, just that we have come far in so short a while is my point. I however understand your pessimism in my abilities, but you are going to forgive me for my optimism. It's my country, see, and what it is and becomes depends on me and my efforts in improving myself, and my country, since they are intrinsically the same thing, and that I daily do.

Of course you might be one of the destroyers who just want my country split into tiny competing parts that can be much easier exploited, but I see such people as just another obstacle I need to work harder to surmount so better things are said about my country Nigeria, if not now, at least when I grow up. I am certain you would be optimistic too if you were Nigerian, especially if you were the responsible energetic sort who believes a country is made by the efforts of its citizens.

Giving up on your nation and calling it poverty capital and zoo etc just shows you need to evolve from caged animal to rich intelligent citizen, is what I'd think, and we can only encourage positiveness in your own ability to improve to develop your nation.

You, hurts1, will kindly be patient at my own pressumed slow evolution. I truly am working really hard at making my country Nigeria better, just that obstacles like you keep popping up to pull us down so I work much harder everyday.
And trust me, buda does not tire.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12851549_notable02284_jpeg28f689a4e008cceda85e10373b6aa6a7
Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by budaatum: 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Spoken like the unfortunate result of a lab accident which you are!

Your beloved "country" was created not on the basis of any cohesive plan or philosophy, but for the administrative convenience of some European colonial overlords!

That's why all the signs of a failing state like wretchedness, poverty, incompetent leadership, corruption, illiteracy, banditry, armed robbery, cultism, hunger, disease (endless woes!) are manifesting themselves mightily and your brain dead AAso Rock hand puppet is watching helplessly like a stuffed animal! grin

Continue wallowing in self deception!

Goes to show how little you know. You see the first steps in our thousand mile journey, so to speak, and claim to know where we are headed.

The only reason "signs of a failing state like wretchedness, poverty, incompetent leadership, corruption, illiteracy, banditry, armed robbery, cultism, hunger, disease (endless woes!) are manifesting themselves mightily", is because I, Nigerian, have not yet sufficiently evolved to eradicate those signs, because when I do - and be assured that I will evolve - those signs will disappear too.

It is I who must develop a cohesive plan or philosophy for my country, hurts1. They do not drop down from heaven like manna.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria A Failed State ,Disintegration Imminent -Financial Times by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
jowhyte:
“The economy has stalled since 2015 and real living standards are declining.”

This year, the economy will shrink 4 per cent after Covid-19 dealt a further blow to oil prices.

The absolute truth and nothing but the truth

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBC Pidgin Goes Live In Port Harcourt As Nobody Sat At Home VIDEO PICTURES / Seun Osewa Suspends 'Investigation Of Peter Obi's History' / Peter Obi Campaign: Uyo On Lockdown As Okon & Top Nollywood Actors Storm Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.