Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Access Bank Recruitment Conditions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank Recruitment Conditions (9799 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment For Graduate Tellers / STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! / Diamond Bank Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by bruce(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2007
This is an extract:

"The Banking School of Excellence is a 4 Months intensive training programme which all candidates will be expected to score a minimum of 65% in all subjects to qualify for an offer in the Bank.

Each candidate admitted into the Banking School of Excellence must produce a SURETY who will provide acceptable evidence of a minimum net-worth of #1million as well as sign a training bond of two years on behalf of the candidate"

What does the house say about this? Which is in addition to not providing accommodation during the training with an allowance of #30,000.

I think that this is a neck-breaking condition grin cry cry
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by Aproko(f): 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2007
i think access bank should be anybodys last resort. with those conditions, i can only work there when i have reached breaking point. the good news is, i dont have to get to that point.
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by chycin(f): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2007
With a Surety providing a minimum 1million naira b4 one gets the job shows that the bank is indirectly MARKETING AGGRESSIVELY. To get a job u have to provide some1 to open an account of a minimum of 1mil. JOB SEEKERS are in for yet a big big deal.
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by mimi44: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2007
I did not know that. This people can be funny. Where am i suppose to get that kind of cash. Am satrting soon
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by bruce(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2007
Please to clarify this and avoid more misconceptions, You are not the one to pay the #1m as surety for yourself, but you will get someone who as I understood it may not necessarily be an account holder with the bank to surety you to that sum and also sign a 2-year bond on your behalf.

The bond will be that you will not leave the bank if you are employed until after 2 years.

Of course, if I can boast of #1million, what will I be looking for job for.
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by codelady(f): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2007
@bruce, it's that way because they had a very bad experience in the past where they trained some new recruits, only to lose them to another bank(name withheld)! in fact, this new bank didn't have to spend extra money training that set of people. why do u focus on only those two requirements out of ALL the stipulations in that document? it says you have to provide a surety who has at least 1 million Naira (any respectable relative with a job or good business should have that amount, if u look at it critically, it's not so outrageous a condition); this is to ensure that you don't run off from them within 2 years and cause them loss over your training, etc. you must have been told that training is 4 months intensive, with 30k transport allowance, free lunch everyday and free gym registration. try to be very objective when next you present such topics for deliberation in the house, i'm sure Nairalanders will appreciate that.
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by bruce(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2007
Dear Colelady,
I suppose you are a staff of the Bank. U have done very well by giving us the reasons behind such conditions and also defending that. But please understand that there is no harm meant to anybody or the Bank. U will also appreciate the fact that people are entitle to their opinions and that forum like this provide insight to issues you would not ordinarily get.

I have always tried to be as objective as I could be.
And besides there are no other unusual stringent conditions on the document from which I got that extract from apart from what I posted. So it is not as if I left the juicy ones and picked the unpleasant ones. But now that you have stated it, I think we understand better and that there are more incentives in there.

You did a good job for your bank, I mean my bank to be cheesy. If I may ask, How much is the bank's pay for entry level? I will also appreciate your response on this.

Thanks and One Love!!!
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by bruce(m): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2007
@Codelady
could you please tell me how much Access pays entry level? Am expecting an offer from them.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by crusader(f): 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2007
I strongly believe that access bank is any body's last resort.Signing a bond for 2 years is slavery. Why,bigger and better banks such as zenith,  gtb, first bank to mention but a few employ and train  under conducive environment accomodation, feeding,  provided in fact u are treated as a king. D just concluded 1st bank training is a proof of that.No contract was signed. I have friends working in the above mentioned banks and i can bet on it that no other strong and reliable bank asks for such conditions before employment. It is cheating pure and simple mark my words they would get nasty with marketing and be hostile knowing u cannot resign because of the bond u will be used as rag and huge targets demanded of you.

That they have lost staff after trainnig is not an excuse to take advantage of young graduates with second class upper. Mention any bank who  has not lost staff. Why, people switch from zenith to oceanic or gtb and so on. Cheating Pure Cheating from access bank mark my words, as a marketer there, u are in soup. They know with your 2.1 u can apply 2 other banks no matter how nasty they get u can't leave, or your surety will go in for it. How many other banks ask for bonds? Abeg,  in my own opinion it's only if u have hit rock bottom and desperate that u will take on such a job. If u merit your 2.1 other banks will employ u with no nonsence bond demanded of u . Zenith is recruiting they  are 100 percent better than access!!!!!!!! So much for emphasis on 2.1 by access cheats.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by Xorcyst(m): 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2007
People get ur info straight! No one asks for 1mil. Its a 2yr bond,meaning if u renage on d deal i.E leave b4 2yrs den d 1mil is due. Stop screaming fire where theres none. 1luv

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by chidi4life: 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2007
This issue is very quite interesting,what i do not know is if the labour laws allow these kind of conditions from employers.It sounds more like a contract( if only the bank will agree that they can't sack u till the end of those 2 yrs).That would have been a bit fair.I'm sorry for the ladies,what if u get married and ur husband lives abroad?
The truth is that the conditions ain't just fair,if they don't want the trainees to leave then they should take the initiative,pay them more(like 6m/annum) then most pple won't leave.

How much do they even spend on training that they want to enslave 2.1 graduates,30k/month =120k. lunch approx 1k/day,5 days a week = 80k.so 200k is what they are crying about,my co put me in a hotel for 2 months during my training and 3 months after i was posted to the north(free breakfast,lunch and dinner for 5 months) and i can leave anytime i choose to.They are just taking advantage of the high unemployment level in this country,if not, even a 3rd class graduate will reject that offer(bondage)
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by Xorcyst(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2007
Word! Come2 think of it,every employer of labor contravenes some labor law. They hava bip pool2 fish in so dey do wot dey want n dont give a damn. I weep 4 my children yet 2 b born
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by leleken(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2007
i do not understand u guys wat is the big deal about surety before getting the offer?why not tell the house how to apply first.4 i will be interested to try even witout a surety.who knows?
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by crito(m): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2007
na wa for access bank sef.
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by bruce(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2007
I appreciate your view points
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by dechico: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2007
cv

Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by dechico: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2007
cv

Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by monstah(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2007
Haba,these access bank guyz sef, 1m is too much , and the 2-year bond makes no sense,what if u get a better oppurtuinity after that?

like they're you a favour, bastards! angry
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by bamasala: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2007
let dem cum ve ACCESS to muan ass,shit & piss! dem no regad us 4 shit. dem wiked & dem thief but me gud grin
clik https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-66080.0.html#bot and grab da ril thin. just spreadin da seeds muan grin
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by Ayokunle07(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
Access Bank is shit! I did my training at Skye Bank in 2008 and though, I have never attended training anywhere else, I think their training ranks highly amongst their peers. With a monthly salary of N40k and free accommodation and plenty food grin (I actually grew astronomically in size), Access bank is just crazy. I'm sure this stupid contract will violate some kind of laws. My fiancee is about to sign this crazy bond and I'm just helpless. sad sad sad
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by shempam: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
if u are called by access bank for test, contact me on dis number for an assisstance.u dont need to bother urself anymore.u wil b happy at d end-smallest-08034377819
Re: Access Bank Recruitment Conditions by Dblaz(f): 8:42am On Aug 15, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? / Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / What Is The Hardest Part Of Your Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.