Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? (9833 Views)

Engineering Jobs Available 2017 / Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. / Entry Level Metallurgical And Mechanical Engineers Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 7:26pm On May 21, 2015
It saddens me after all the stress i went through studying this course..... As a female I am highly discouraged.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by hadura29(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:
It saddens me after all the stress i went through studying this course..... As a female I am highly discouraged.

Don't be discouraged my dear, this country don't encourage us to further work were our discipline lies. Just pray for the incoming government to work on ajaokuta steel company and the rest,. It is well my sister.

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by dipopooo(m): 7:55pm On May 21, 2015
Discouraged? Hw I wish I studied met&mat. The most lucrative n less competitive profession in Nigeria. Well I guess u had a poor grade or something

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 7:57pm On May 21, 2015
dipopooo:
Discouraged? Hw I wish I studied met&mat. The most lucrative n less competitive profession in Nigeria. Well I guess u had a poor grade or something
show me the way and I will be glad..... Poor grade ke?
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by dipopooo(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:
show me the way and I will be glad..... Poor grade ke?

Ur grade & d school u graduated from?
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Engrpj(m): 8:03pm On May 21, 2015
U can work as a Mechanical Engr. now... If u offered Thermodynamics, Vibration, Fluid Mechanics, Machine Design, Machine Drawing and Mathematics...Coupled with ur Mettalurgy and Materials.. I believe u can Pose as Mech.Engr.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 8:03pm On May 21, 2015
dipopooo:

Ur grade & d school u graduated from?
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria. I Graduated with a 2.2

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by dipopooo(m): 8:10pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria.
I Graduated with a 2.2

You see! U talked as if u graduated with a 2.1 or first class no offence ooo. I will contact u thru nairaland 4 any available space
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 8:21pm On May 21, 2015
dipopooo:

You see! U talked as if u graduated with a 2.1 or first class no offence ooo. I will contact u thru nairaland 4 any available space
You may classify 2.2 as a poor grade but I know in my department it is NEVER considered as poor grade... Besides My set "U07" only 2 people graduated with 2.1 and there wasn't first class. I don't consider myself dull....

4 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by mechanics(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2015
Engrpj:
U can work as a Mechanical Engr. now... If u offered Thermodynamics, Vibration, Fluid Mechanics, Machine Design, Machine Drawing and Mathematics...Coupled with ur Mettalurgy and Materials.. I believe u can Pose as Mech.Engr.
u didnt include theory of machines.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Mekyno(m): 8:44pm On May 21, 2015
Do apply as a Mech eng in as many firms as possible, even hard copy unsolicited request
bbeautylik:
You may classify 2.2 as a poor grade but I know in my department it is NEVER considered as poor grade... Besides My set "U07" only 2 people graduated with 2.1 and there wasn't first class. I don't consider myself dull....
dey wont understand, esp. If d person studied a non-science course. D proof of d pudding is in d eating.
In my sch, at a particular set, a guy dat had a GP of 4.30 in a particular engrg course was giving d best (graduating) student ahead of ppl dat made 1st class in oda engrg courses because no 1 had had such a GP in dat Engrg course while students hav been makin 1st class in oda Engrg courses for many yrs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Engrpj(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2015
mechanics:
u didnt include theory of machines.

My Frnd, Theory of Machines is the Name for Text Book of Machine Design

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Engrpj(m): 9:19pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:
I Graduated with a 2.2

My dear, Academically, 2.2 is a poor grade in Engineering in this present Time, But Destiny Will always find its way.....!

2 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:
I Graduated with a 2.2

with 2;2 I think it will be hard for you to fit in: all the same God dey

mat and met engineers; remain one of the most sort after engineers.

Go to port harcourt and see them colonizing the oil city.

3 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by udz: 10:29pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:

dont worry urself much, u will get a job. it might not be in Engineering industry, what if u enter one fed agency. relax and go thru the job search. As someone here said.... Destiny....
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Lero15(m): 10:59pm On May 21, 2015
@ bbeautylik
Keep on applying, and spread your tentacles to other fields. 2-2 is not a bad grade.... Only that 2-1 and first class graduates get more opportunities to be invited for tests.

Build your soft skills, get good professional certification if you can afford, while you wait. Practise GMAT, SHL and the likes. Do things that make you happy.

You will conquer.

Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by temb: 11:49pm On May 21, 2015
bbeautylik:
i thought I was alone in this.......graduated from futa...n each time I check d job section...I c all engineering sections apart from met & mats....gets me angry most time dat I spent 5yrs studying dat bleeped up course
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 5:40am On May 22, 2015
temb:

i thought I was alone in this.......graduated from futa...n each time I check d job section...I c all engineering sections apart from met & mats....gets me angry most time dat I spent 5yrs studying dat bleeped up course
don't worry there is God o
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by mechanics(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2015
Engrpj:

My Frnd, Theory of Machines is the Name for Text Book of Machine Design
dats nt true, i did dat as a separate course in my sch in those days n i also use d textbook.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by samtin(m): 8:29am On May 22, 2015
Indeed when you graduate from any department of engineenring faculty in ABU with a 2.2, u can never consider urself dull. Damn faculty always try to deter its student. Kip up hope alive sister. It is well. All u need now is lots of soft skills
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Jagabanthelion: 9:01am On May 22, 2015
Met n Mat is equivalent to mechanical na? Are u waiting for jobs where Met n Mat is expressly stated before u apply? Please,wherever u see mechanical,u apply jaree. I read chemical but I apply for jobs that exclusively state only mechanical. Apart frm Civil Engineering dat is quite different,every other engineering is considered same esp in the oil n gas sector. Being a lady even gives u a slight edge cos coys will like to see at least one lady in their engineering setup. On the 2.2 grade,dnt be discouraged,just take the grade off ur cv so as to get invited for tests,(just leave it as 2nd class honours). Scale the first stage n interview and u have a job,TRUST ME. Companies only put 2.one to reduce population of applicants to what they can handle. Pass their interview and u will be picked over a first class graduate. Trust me on this. On the other hand,try doing ur Masters(esp overseas) thru scholarship(PTDF or NDDC) and the very big coys will overlook your 2.2. Dnt get discouraged. Hustlers with 2.2 are up there earning d big cheques while dull first classers are still at home yrs after NYSC waiting for jobs to come meet them simply because they have first class. Its all about ur hustle.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Engrpj(m): 9:08am On May 22, 2015
mechanics:
dats nt true, i did dat as a separate course in my sch in those days n i also use d textbook.

What course did u studied? and did u offered Machine Design as a course??
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by mechanics(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2015
Engrpj:

What course did u studied? and did u offered Machine Design as a course??
yes, theory of machine n machine design were separate courses, i studied mech engr'g.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by stanleychi: 2:15pm On May 22, 2015
Met/Mat Engrg is the mother of engineering and am so proud to have my ist degree in it. It is one of the most difficult courses in nigerian universities. Having 2.2 in it and from ABU is a good grade. I did my Nysc in ABU in met mat departmt so I know what am saying. For the person that open dis trend send ur CV to my email. I will talk to some senior colleagues in the field about You. t.chieke@jmglimited.com

1 Like

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by CHM11: 3:00pm On May 22, 2015
Jagabanthelion:
Met n Mat is equivalent to mechanical na? Are u waiting for jobs where Met n Mat is expressly stated before u apply? Please,wherever u see mechanical,u apply jaree. I read chemical but I apply for jobs that exclusively state only mechanical. Apart frm Civil Engineering dat is quite different,every other engineering is considered same esp in the oil n gas sector. Being a lady even gives u a slight edge cos coys will like to see at least one lady in their engineering setup. On the 2.2 grade,dnt be discouraged,just take the grade off ur cv so as to get invited for tests,(just leave it as 2nd class honours). Scale the first stage n interview and u have a job,TRUST ME. Companies only put 2.one to reduce population of applicants to what they can handle. Pass their interview and u will be picked over a first class graduate. Trust me on this. On the other hand,try doing ur Masters(esp overseas) thru scholarship(PTDF or NDDC) and the very big coys will overlook your 2.2. Dnt get discouraged. Hustlers with 2.2 are up there earning d big cheques while dull first classers are still at home yrs after NYSC waiting for jobs to come meet them simply because they have first class. Its all about ur hustle.
Awesome write up except for the PTDF or NDDC part, you need a minimum of 2'1 to even get a shot at these scholarships. Even at the scholarship interviews, a 2'1 will explicitly need to perform outstandingly before he or she can stand a chance. First class guys are always preferred except there is a 2'1 who stood out.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by transbut5(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2015
Hahahahaha Teeema how u dey na. You lamented about your 2.2 depriving you of jobs. Do u know that most of those U07 that graduated with first class are still jobless? Just 12percent of the entire U07 2.1 are working? Infact Babaye had 2.2 but he works with the federal ministry of mining and steel right now. I know of about 3 mechanical guys working with Ajaokuta steel company limited and they all got 2.2.
2.2 is a low grade agreed, but it won't hinder your progress.
I will advice you to build more on your career, make yourself more employable by acquiring other relevant skills. I do more of mechanical and electrical work in my current place of work despite the fact that I'm a metallurgical engineer.
Finally, since the incoming administration promised to focus on mining, I will advise you to send your CV to Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited and National Iron Ore Mining Company Itakpe, I heard they're accepting CV. Good luck and don't loose hope.

2 Likes

Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Jagabanthelion: 7:09pm On May 22, 2015
CHM11:

Awesome write up except for the PTDF or NDDC part, you need a minimum of 2'1 to even get a shot at these scholarships. Even at the scholarship interviews, a 2'1 will explicitly need to perform outstandingly before he or she can stand a chance. First class guys are always preferred except there is a 2'1 who stood out.

NDDC takes 2.2.,don't know much abt PTDF.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 8:45pm On May 22, 2015
stanleychi:
Met/Mat Engrg is the mother of engineering and am so proud to have my ist degree in it. It is one of the most difficult courses in nigerian universities. Having 2.2 in it and from ABU is a good grade. I did my Nysc in ABU in met mat departmt so I know what am saying. For the person that open dis trend send ur CV to my email. I will talk to some senior colleagues in the field about You. t.chieke@jmglimited.com
thanks
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by bbeautylik(f): 8:49pm On May 22, 2015
transbut5:
Hahahahaha Teeema how u dey na. You lamented about your 2.2 depriving you of jobs. Do u know that most of those U07 that graduated with first class are still jobless? Just 12percent of the entire U07 2.1 are working? Infact Babaye had 2.2 but he works with the federal ministry of mining and steel right now. I know of about 3 mechanical guys working with Ajaokuta steel company limited and they all got 2.2.
2.2 is a low grade agreed, but it won't hinder your progress.
I will advice you to build more on your career, make yourself more employable by acquiring other relevant skills. I do more of mechanical and electrical work in my current place of work despite the fact that I'm a metallurgical engineer.
Finally, since the incoming administration promised to focus on mining, I will advise you to send your CV to Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited and National Iron Ore Mining Company Itakpe, I heard they're accepting CV. Good luck and don't loose hope.
I never said 2.2 was depriving from getting a job..... Besides who had a first class in metallurgical?...... And you sounds so familiar who are you please?
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by CHM11: 10:37pm On May 22, 2015
Jagabanthelion:

NDDC takes 2.2.,don't know much abt PTDF.
I feel that is at advert alone,....., have you seen or heard of a 2'2 who got NDDC scholarship since they started the program?

I have not.
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 6:58am On May 23, 2015
dipopooo:

You point is? shocked
Re: Is It That There Are No Metallurgical And Materials Engineering Jobs? by Nobody: 7:05am On May 23, 2015
When you graduate with a 2.2 from schools like Covenant, Redeemers, Hallmark, Bowen and the like you know you are ditso dumb, like GE* DUMB. grin grin

But when you graduate with a 2.2 from schools like ABU, UI, Lautech, Ambrose Ali and the likes, you go with your head up high.

The OP need to only keep pushing. Never believe you can't because at the very end, only you stand between you and your fulfillment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spring Bank Recruitment And Destiny / SESEWA Team. / Is there embargo on recruitment in Fed. Universities and Poly In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.