Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,006 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President (22829 Views)

Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos] / Kazakhstan Air Astana's Aircraft That Is Painted To Look Like A Snow Leopard / Canada To Deport Asylum Seekers Who Walked In From The U.S. Illegally(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by free2ryhme: 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nasreports77:
BOLT, UBER OPERATING ILLEGALLY SAYS ABUJA PAINTED TAXI PRESIDENT, INTRODUCES NAIRAXI AS LICENSED OPERATORS IN FCT

By Godson Ikpontu

Few hours ago in Abuja, the President of Abuja Painted Taxi, Comrade Shehu Shugabi Yar'adua louded the illegal operational activities of Bolt and Uber transport services in FCT, stressing that the duo organizations are not licensed operators and have thereby contributed in supporting illegalities in the city's transport industry. He made the statement in Abuja while introducing NAIRAXI to residents of FCT, an indigenous and newly created on-demand ride hailing and logistics service, described as Nigeria version of Uber.

Comrade Shehu Shugabi hailed the new NAIRAXI Driver Application and its interest to support the digitalisation of Abuja Painted Taxi with a partnership which was sealed at the office of NAIRAXI on the 7th of January 2021. The partnership allows Abuja Painted Taxi to be included in the mobile application of NAIRAXI.

He further stated that the indigenous NAIRAXI driver application will provide an opportunity for Abuja Painted Taxis to be repackaged for more effective transport service delivery, as he assured commuters of it readiness to address the challenges of vehicle cleanliness and moral ethics of it's Abuja Painted Taxi Drivers, which will be included in the NAIRAXI mobile application. He however commended NAIRAXI for launching Nigeria’s version of Uber and Bolt, stressing that their partnership with the company will enable the Painted Abuja Taxi to migrate from analog to digital system.

In a statement by the Co-Founder of NAIRAXI, Mr. Kingsley Eze, he noted that over 45percent of Abuja residents navigates across the city using the painted green taxis, but over the years, they’ve been disenfranchised, because they don’t have the actual technology to maintain relevance for better service delivery. He however stated that most of them have seen their income dwindle over these last three-four years, but will be resolved as it partners with NAIRAXI Mobile Application. He says, "We want to change of face of mobility in the FCT with electronic commerce and logistics, thereby pioneering this very great innovation, to connect Nigerians on all income growth, to get safe and affordable ride, order and shop for anything, as well as send and track parcels”, he concluded.

He has a valid point
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by sonnie10: 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
Are they not the ones illegally infringing on someone else's intellectual property? The concept of ride sharing app was developed and pioneered by one those people they are taunting. Do they have permission to copy it or are they paying royalty to the original developer? They better keep quite.

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by 99thEnemy(m): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Why is GRAB not yet in Nigeria... That't what I use to flex in Philly
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Dollanaira: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
hmmmm
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by sonnie10: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
free2ryhme:

He has a valid point

What valid point? Are they not the ones illegally infringing on someone else's intellectual property? The concept of ride sharing app was developed and pioneered by one those people they are taunting. Do they have permission to copy it or are they paying royalty to the original developer? They better keep quite.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by free2ryhme: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
sonnie10:

What valid point? Are they not the ones illegally infringing on someone else's intellectual property? The concept of ride sharing app was developed and pioneered by one those people they are taunting. Do they have permission to copy it or are they paying royalty to the original developer? They better keep quite.

If they infringe on someone's else's intellectual property what's stopping these companies from suing or going to court
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by ruffy06(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
I think say mosquito dey fly on this pple head �
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by fashrola(m): 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
Just to promote his dead ass taxi hailing services... No be to meet Indian app developer make e do app for $50 and now shouting "I've arrived"

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Diamonddamsel: 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2021
Aayah they are pained �. Maybe now they have competition they will become more professional and run their cars better.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Yxxx: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Wait!!!
FTC?

O boy I don hammer! grin
OP no vex i no read wetin you post... I go modify later.

Modified: haaba, competition is allowed, but tagging them illegal is gross tbh

Abeg how seun dey pay. I don reach frontpage ftc before. I no see in hand azin no money reach my account.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Bimpe29: 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
When you are living in denial and not changing with time, you definitely blame the pace setters for your retrogression.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by damieskillz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
Starting a product with open beef? I don't see this Nairaxi going anywhere undecided and who designed the logo? shocked
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
What is our business if they are operating illegally, don't we have regulatory bodies for that? Your bargaining chip should be bringing your fare down, tell us what you can do better?
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by pooozeee(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2021

Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by sonnie10: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
free2ryhme:

If they infringe on someone's else's intellectual property what's stopping these companies from suing or going to court

Economics. It is going to cost a US based company a lot more to pursue a case in Nigeria as little as this one. They don't even have anything of value that might be used as remedy.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Muhylonaire007: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yxxx:

Abeg how seun dey pay. I don reach frontpage ftc before. I no see in hand azin no money reach my account.

Lwkmd pay ke.... All na cruise o baba mi
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by ajl: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Imustreturn:
Bad Belle people.. everyone is making money. Uber/bolt isn't dragging anything from them what's their problem? Tufiaaaaa

Go to America, home of Uber, or Europe, home of Bolt, and register a cab hailing app company and see whether they will allow you. Support your own. Uber/Bolt operation in Nigeria represent a foreign exchange flight from Nigeria. So, you need foreign companies to operate kabu-kabu in Nigeria.

Go and see what French taxi drivers and those in few other countries does to Uber or Uber drivers.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by nkpommpko(m): 10:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
it is an app, illiterate fools.
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Yxxx: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Muhylonaire007:

Lwkmd pay ke.... All na cruise o baba mi

Oookay o . grin
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Kzinne: 10:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
ajl:

Go to America, home of Uber, or Europe, home of Bolt, and register a cab hailing app company and see whether they will allow you. Support your own. Uber/Bolt operation in Nigeria represent a foreign exchange flight from Nigeria. So, you need foreign companies to operate kabu-kabu in Nigeria.

Go and see what French taxi drivers and those in few other countries does to Uber or Uber drivers.
anyone can operate that
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by berryPee(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
You dey mind the yeye man? naso dem pain GEJ black in order to sell this MISFIT for us as CHANGE AGENT that will lead this great Nation to promise land flowing with milk and honey sad sad sad sad
Muhylonaire007:
Wait!!!
FTC?

O boy I don hammer! grin
OP no vex i no read wetin you post... I go modify later.

Modified: haaba, competition is allowed, but tagging them illegal is gross tbh

1 Like

Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 16, 2021
In parts of Lagos they attack Uber and Bolt drivers. They too can download app I no see problem
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Ojey1234: 3:08am On Jan 16, 2021
una go soon crash,
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by mikkyangel3: 6:03am On Jan 16, 2021
Nairaxi ko Bobozi ni. Awon werey, if you are so good, allow the market to vote with their pockets not you launching one stupid scheme (like was launched in Lagos and never worked for a day) and seeking for a monopoly where customers don't have a choice.

Spits!!!
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by JJOF(m): 8:10am On Jan 16, 2021
Hammyaladin:
please, which website can I download boondocks from....I checked o2tvseries and couldn't find expect season 4.

please share if you know....
I've not actually watched it sha, but since it's an anime, I feel you might get it here www.animepahe.com
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2021
JJOF:

I've not actually watched it sha, but since it's an anime, I feel you might get it here www.animepahe.com
Ok. Thanks though!!!!!
Re: Bolt, Uber Operating Illegally - Abuja Painted Taxi President by platido(m): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2021
Abeg who got this idiot twitter handle make we c
Warm am eell

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FAAN Suspends Taxi Services At Abuja Airport / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports / Japan Or Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.