Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing (3156 Views)

Lady Thanks Covenant University For The Best Four Years Of Her Life / RCCG Provides Scholarship In Redeemer's University For Members! / Billboard Of Imo State University College Of Agric & Veterinary Studies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Hello nairalanders, I need help here
I'm a 300l student of a reputable university here in Nigeria,(studying Food science and technology)
I was tired of Staying home due to the previously called off ASUU Strike, So I decided to buy College of Nursing Ibadan Form,
I've done all necessary things.
So since Strike is over, I'm in the middle of which one to choose, because I'm afraid ASUU might embark on another strike later as time is not my side, I'm 22(A female),
I need help from You guys, also people who studied nursing in colleges should assist me of what is like in labour market.
Thanks
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nukilia: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nursing is a profession you will never regret you embarked on....

10 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by sageb: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
I'm a 100l student of a reputable university here in Nigeria,(studying Food science and technology)
I was tired of Staying home due to the previously called off ASUU Strike, So I decided to buy College of Nursing Ibadan Form,
So since Strike is over, I'm in the middle of which one to choose, because I'm afraid ASUU might embark on another strike later as time is not my side, I'm 22(A female),
I need help from You guys, also people who studied nursing in colleges should assist me of what is like in labour market.
Thanks
Go to the school of Nursing if your passion is in Nursing. Asiwaju ni wa

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Tolexander: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
I'm a 100l student of a reputable university here in Nigeria,(studying Food science and technology)
Thanks
If you are my younger sister, I will advise you to quit the university for School of Nursing

With your Diploma in Nursing, you can be working and earning. And also qualified for the Direct Entry in Lautech Distance Learning where ASUU strike doesn’t affect the program

7 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Ramsey19: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
Go for Nursing but don't quit university until you're admitted

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Ramsey19: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks

Do u live in Ibadan?
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
Do u live in Ibadan?[/quote]
Nope, I reside in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by DAramis: 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
Like Ramsey19 said, Op, you should make sure you have secured the college or school of Nursing admission before you quit the university.

As for opportunities, it is unlimited and will never dry up no matter what happens in the world. If you follow the trend, nursing will always be a lucrative profession. No wonder, some people, even in their 40's, will quit their job and move into studying nursing in Foreign countries.

Europe, UK, America, Canada etc are some of the places you can relocate to and make more money while working as a nurse.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nukilia:
Nursing is a profession you will never regret you embarked on....
Thank You

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2021
Thanks, I really appreciate
I'm writing the school's entrance exam by march
I would do as u said
DAramis:
Like Ramsey19 said, Op, you should make sure you have secured the college or school of Nursing admission before you quit the university.

As for opportunities, it is unlimited and will never dry up no matter what happens in the world. If you follow the trend, nursing will always be a lucrative profession. No wonder, some people, even in their 40's, will quit their job and move into studying nursing in Foreign countries.

Europe, UK, America, Canada etc are some of the places you can relocate to and make more money while working as a nurse.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ramsey19:
Hmm, That's right
So I won't end up losing both
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2021
sageb:
Go to the school of Nursing if your passion is in Nursing. Asiwaju ni wa
Okay, How's RN from colleges in Labour market
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by daania50080: 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by DAramis: 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks, I really appreciate
I'm writing the school's entrance exam by march
I would do as u said

Success in your exams. Always remember, the profession is not a bed of roses. You still need to work exceedingly hard to succeed in it. Just like medicine, failing part of the course can earn someone expulsion from the program.

Hardwork, perserverance and determination is all you need, after 3 years, your reward will start trickling in.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by tayewomi(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
you can drop the fst course in the University when ur nursing admission click,but is food science not a good course btw and which school re u if u wouldn't mind..
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Masking: 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
Leave food technology only if you're studying d nursing in a university.

Dont mind me o.i dont know.
I just know m not a fan of anything thatz less than a bsc.
Well itz yuh decision
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
DAramis:

I've started studying, Thanks

Success in your exams. Always remember, the profession is not a bed of roses. You still need to work exceedingly hard to succeed in it. Just like medicine, failing part of the course can earn someone expulsion from the program.

Hardwork, perserverance and determination is all you need, after 3 years, your reward will start trickling in.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
I
tayewomi:
you can drop the fst course in the University when ur nursing admission click,but is food science not a good course btw and which school re u if u wouldn't mind..
Funaab
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2021
Masking:
Leave food technology only if you're studying d nursing in a university.

Dont mind me o.i dont know.
I just know m not a fan of anything thatz less than a bsc.
Well itz yuh decision
The thing is it's a 5 yrs course, Age is not on my side, ASUU might embark on another strike later,
And I have passion for nursing
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Uyi168: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks
U don't need to even ask this question.
Please, go for nursing.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Angelacruz: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks
pls go for nursing..u will never regret it

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by captainbangz: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:

The thing is it's a 5 yrs course, Age is not on my side, ASUU might embark on another strike later,
And I have passion for nursing
me wey be 24, dey go for engineering nko? lol
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Quelme: 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks
BSC Nursing is the koko now but school of Nursing is not a bad deal too.

Talking from experience as someone in the medical field.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
captainbangz:
me wey be 24, dey go for engineering nko? lol
Lol, U be guy na��
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
[quote author=Quelme post=97861280] BSC Nursing is the koko now but school of Nursing is not a bad deal too.

Talking from experience as someone in the medical field. [/quote
I would still pursue BSC later probably distance learning
Anyway thanks
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by samuelpeters(m): 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks
RN is good. but it comes with its own lapses in the profession. Especially in terms of recognition, remuneration and promotion. BNSc holders are at the upper class in the profession.

Nevertheless, it is better than FST anyway,anytime.

Still hold on to FST until you are sure of the SON.

Let me ask, Have you considered changing your program from FST to Nursing?
I know College of Nursing is good but if you have the opportunity to transfer to Nursing( at your University) please do.
You will never regret it on the long run.
Forget about age. If you are in any of the medical courses, you would see those older than you in 100L.

All the best.

©️2021.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Ramsey19: 11:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
Nhimah1:

Do u live in Ibadan? Nope, I reside in Lagos
Ok
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 12:01am On Jan 09, 2021
Thanks, But I'm presently in Funaab,
Nursing is not offered
samuelpeters:

RN is good. but it comes with its own lapses in the profession. Especially in terms of recognition, remuneration and promotion. BNSc holders are at the upper class in the profession.

Nevertheless, it is better than FST anyway,anytime.

Still hold on to FST until you are sure of the SON.

Let me ask, Have you considered changing your program from FST to Nursing?
I know College of Nursing is good but if you have the opportunity to transfer to Nursing( at your University) please do.
You will never regret it on the long run.
Forget about age. If you are in any of the medical courses, you would see those older than you in 100L.

All the best.

©️2021.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by samuelpeters(m): 2:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Nhimah1:
Thanks, But I'm presently in Funaab,
Nursing is not offered
Okay.
Then stick with the original plan: hold onto FST until SON is sure then you port.

I wish you all the best.

©️2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by sageb: 3:25am On Jan 09, 2021
Nhimah1:

Okay, How's RN from colleges in Labour market
Nursing in University is preferable due to certificate dichotomy. when Funaab resumes, join your colleagues and ensure that you don't miss lectures. Also, prepare for your FST exams and the Nursing exams. when they admit you, then you can leave FST for the Nursing school. Goodluck
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by captainbangz: 5:53am On Jan 09, 2021
Nhimah1:

Lol, U be guy na��
tah! na me gast complain because i be guy na...soonest, i go get people to carter for, but you, you go get people wey go carter for you. lol...

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by tayewomi(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2021
is school of nursing not a good choice to university degree in nursing?try checking uch nursing fees it's about 250k and if u through with the school of nursing u can further in noun or any other distance learning schools

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fed Poly Ado Ekiti Post Pce Result / Paste Your UTME Result Here: / Ui Postgraduate Program For 2011/2012 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.