Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,808 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing (3259 Views)

Lady Thanks Covenant University For The Best Four Years Of Her Life / RCCG Provides Scholarship In Redeemer's University For Members! / Billboard Of Imo State University College Of Agric & Veterinary Studies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by qwertie1234: 10:59am On Jan 09, 2021
tayewomi:
is school of nursing not a good choice to university degree in nursing?try checking uch nursing fees it's about 250k and if u through with the school of nursing u can further in noun or any other distance learning schools
no matter how expensive scul of nursing is, the honest truth is that Bsc nursing is still (far)ahead for now..infact there was a time when scul of nursing was goin to b scrabbed..and their results rendered invalid..scul of nursing has so many disadvantages as compared to Bsc nursing..
to the op, why not continue the Food science, then try to apply for Bsc nursing..ur age is still ok..u can get married while still in scul
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by samuelpeters(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2021
tayewomi:
is school of nursing not a good choice to university degree in nursing?try checking uch nursing fees it's about 250k and if u through with the school of nursing u can further in noun or any other distance learning schools
Most SON school fees are expensive but you can't compare RN/RM in SON to B.NSc(RN,RM,RPHN)in the university.

I don't know of any other distance learning that offers the equivalent of BNSc except NOUN.
Though I have reservations about B.NSc in NOUN.

©️2021.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2021
samuelpeters:

Most SON school fees are expensive but you can't compare RN/RM in SON to B.NSc(RN,RM,RPHN)in the university.

I don't know of any other distance learning that offers the equivalent of BNSc except NOUN.

©️2021.
I would like to hear ur opinion about the conversion program, esp NOUN
Thanks
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 12:21am On Jan 10, 2021
samuelpeters:

©️2021.
Thanks.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by samuelpeters(m): 12:59am On Jan 10, 2021
Nhimah1:

Thanks.
It's just my bias.
I'm skeptical about their B.NSc program.

1. In terms of qualified and seasoned lecturers: This one wouldn't be much of a problem though.

2. Where they go for their practical and clinicals classes: I know from 200L upwards, they are supposed to engage in rigorous practicals and clinical training. I'm wondering how NOUN does it.
I'm sure as hell it can never be done online or by giving students lecture materials to read.

3. The institution that assess and qualifies them in their training: Every university with College of Medicine has a teaching hospital attached to it. Whose purpose is to train her medical students. I'm still thinking where NOUN Nursing students go for their training and who are assessing and qualifying them academically and professionally.

This above reasons and more are why other Medical courses are skeptical for NOUN to run their programs.

I prefer anyone that wants to study these medical courses should do so in a conventional university. So professionals wouldn't doubt your qualification and training.

You know we still basically view NOUN as online university with unserious students that couldn't pass UTME.

©️2021.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Masking: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nhimah1:

The thing is it's a 5 yrs course, Age is not on my side, ASUU might embark on another strike later,
And I have passion for nursing

5years is not such a long time.
Its like attending a polytecnic cause you like d idea of 2-2 years. Then when yu graduate with hnd, you are not at par with a bsc holder. And then yu spend more years running pgd and bsc conversion programmes.

AGE should not b a factor. Itz just a stupid number. Do yu hv a benchmark of leaving school b4 30?? There are people who already hv nursing degrees at 20. Some others would at 40. Take yuh time and quit putting yuhself under unneccessary pressure

Long distance learning should not b an option in yuh field. Itz hardly recognised internationally. Get it right from foundation.

No b by first to finish.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by yunqdady: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
Masking:

5years is not such a long time.
Its like attending a polytecnic cause you like d idea of 2-2 years. Then when yu graduate with hnd, you are not at par with a bsc holder. And then yu spend more years running pgd and bsc conversion programmes.

AGE should not b a factor. Itz just a stupid number. Do yu hv a benchmark of leaving school b4 30?? There are people who already hv nursing degrees at 20. Some others would at 40. Take yuh time and quit putting yuhself under unneccessary pressure

Long distance learning should not b an option in yuh field. Itz hardly recognised internationally. Get it right from foundation.

No b by first to finish.
You people just talk rubbish. In abroad, online learning and degrees abound. Only in Nigeria we talk down on online learning. NUC and nursing Council that accredited NOUN do not know what they are doing?

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 2:41am On Aug 19, 2021
Update!!!
Thanks to everyone who contributed
I’m already in a college of Nursing since April
I’ve written my 3 months exam
Just preparing for 6 months exam which will be used to index me as Student Nurse
So Far, I’ve been doing Well With Academics,

Do I have any regret leaving University?Nope In fact I’m more Fulfilled.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by nurain150(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
[quote author=Nhimah1 post=97863143][/quote]

ASUU at it agajn
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by tayewomi(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
congrats,@op ASUU is no more your headache.. I'm also a food tech student..ASUU is here again..
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by oyetunjibaba: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Nhimah1:
Hello nairalanders, I need help here
I'm a 100l student of a reputable university here in Nigeria,(studying Food science and technology)
I was tired of Staying home due to the previously called off ASUU Strike, So I decided to buy College of Nursing Ibadan Form,
I've done all necessary things.
So since Strike is over, I'm in the middle of which one to choose, because I'm afraid ASUU might embark on another strike later as time is not my side, I'm 22(A female),
I need help from You guys, also people who studied nursing in colleges should assist me of what is like in labour market.
Thanks

Good evening,I've been unable to reach you cos I couldn't gain access to my account any longer.i already gain admission to SONE. I onced used the username ( David). If you no mind can please drop your contact here or should I drop mine? I tried asking your name around colleagues.
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:26am On Jun 26, 2022
oyetunjibaba:

Good evening,I've been unable to reach you cos I couldn't gain access to my account any longer.i already gain admission to SONE. I onced used the username ( David). If you no mind can please drop your contact here or should I drop mine? I tried asking your name around colleagues.
Wow congratulations
I already emailed you
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 6:58am On Jun 26, 2022
tayewomi:
congrats,@op ASUU is no more your headache..
I'm also a food tech student..ASUU is here again..
Thanks
ASUU got nothing on me anymore lol
I’m in my 2nd year already

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Jecci(f): 7:04am On Jun 26, 2022
Congratulations op with this on going strike you made the right decision! If not you were complaining about five years not knowing that even more years will be added.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by Nhimah1(f): 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
Jecci:
Congratulations op with this on going strike you made the right decision! If not you were complaining about five years not knowing that even more years will be added.
Thanks so much
Re: Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing by oyetunjibaba: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2022
Nhimah1:

Wow congratulations
I already emailed you

I no longer have access to my mail.
Maybe I should I drop my number.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Show Up At Her Daughter’s Graduation Dressed In Her ‘Own’ Graduation Gown / Covid 19: Reopening Schools Is Playing With Fire / SOME Harsh Truth You Probably Don’t Want To Hear But Must Hear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.