|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,660,111 members, 6,246,018 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 April 2021 at 03:55 AM
|Tips For Coping With The Current Heat Wave by Freemasonry: 3:28pm On Jan 08|
You may have noticed recently that the heat of the day and the night has become unbearably high.
Even the harmattan season that usually comes around at this time is taking an extended break.
According to experts, this is due to the heat waves resulting from the emission of greenhouse gases. The Meteorological Agency warns us to prepare for warmer days and nights.
This preparation will require smart coping strategies and engaging in climate resilient practices to deal with the situation.
The common effects of heat waves on humans are dehydration which can lead to unconsciousness or death, chicken pox, heat rash, and psychological stress.
To mitigate the adverse impact of the prevailing inclement weather condition, experts advise the following:
1. Drink more water to stay hydrated.
2. Keep a bottle of water with you to remind you to take water.
3. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages during this time.
4. Reduce the consumption of protein-rich foods (eg red meats) as they increase metabolic heat.
5. Feed on fresh fruits and vegetables that are better options.
6. Monitor your blood pressure to make sure it is normal.
7. Stay indoors between 12pm and 3pm each day as much as possible.
8. Take baths of cold water before going to bed at night.
Although these tips may seem very simple, however; they are very effective and will certainly help you deal with the heat wave.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31