Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! (577 Views)

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / Auto Guru, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by blunt2dcore(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2021
My 2004 model toyota rav4 is overheating, but according to my auto-mechanic, he said my engine is weak and due for change. The engine has worked for about 4years, but from my observation no blue /black smoke emissions coming out from the exhaust. There is no sign of leakage from the radiator, so he advised the thermostat should be removed and the AC to be always switched on , but the overheating issues still persists after driving a lomg distance. In the light of this, i need advice from the gurus on temporary measures to fix this issues at least get the engine running for some months b4 i can hussle cash for an engine change.

cc GAZZUZ,GAZZUZ, Sienna, kingrein, nurey,...
Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by nurey(m): 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
blunt2dcore:
My 2004 model toyota rav4 is overheating, but according to my auto-mechanic, he said my engine is weak and due for change. The engine has worked for about 4years, but from my observation no blue /black smoke emissions coming out from the exhaust. There is no sign of leakage from the radiator, so he advised the thermostat should be removed and the AC to be always switched on , but the overheating issues still persists after driving a lomg distance. In the light of this, i need advice from the gurus on temporary measures to fix this issues at least get the engine running for some months b4 i can hussle cash for an engine change.

Cooling system ok
No leak noticed of coolant
No internal leak or external leak.

Diagnosis because fan was run direct, it stopped working due to burnt out relay reworked by rewire. If fan stop working engine go overheat you can't escape it.

If fan is blowing in wrong direction, engine too would overheat.

If radiator is blocked free flow of coolant is inhibited so overheating occurs. These are things you should check yourself very easy.

The fan fuse could even cut and the solution to your issue could just be you buying 100naira fuse and fix.

If you don't learn more about your car, mechanic go chop u left rewire go chop you right, panelbeater go chop u up and gurus go chop u down grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by blunt2dcore(m): 6:48am On Jan 09, 2021
nurey:

Cooling system ok
No leak noticed of coolant
No internal leak or external leak.

Diagnosis because fan was run direct, it stopped working due to burnt out relay reworked by rewire. If fan stop working engine go overheat you can't escape it.

If fan is blowing in wrong direction, engine too would overheat.

If radiator is blocked free flow of coolant is inhibited so overheating occurs. These are things you should check yourself very easy.

The fan fuse could even cut and the solution to your issue could just be you buying 100naira fuse and fix.

If you don't learn more about your car, mechanic go chop u left rewire go chop you right, panelbeater go chop u up and gurus go chop u down grin

Thanks for your response. Rewire has not done anything like that, but thermostat removed and he advised AC should always be on to keep d fan running. However, I will tell them to check the cooling system critically first.
Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by Babalawoniger: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2021
Take ur car to another professional mechanics or auto technicians.

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by nurey(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
blunt2dcore:

Thanks for your response. Rewire has not done anything like that, but thermostat removed and he advised AC should always be on to keep d fan running. However, I will tell them to check the cooling system critically first.

When you deviate from the norm, it's abnormal. Using AC so fan can always blow is abnormal fix whatever issue you experience if the available hands are overpowered look for better qualified technician

2 Likes

Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by blunt2dcore(m): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2021
nurey:

When you deviate from the norm, it's abnormal. Using AC so fan can always blow is abnormal fix whatever issue you experience if the available hands are overpowered look for better qualified technician

Thanks bro, for your response, i actually took time to troubleshoot the issue this weekend, the top gasket was bad, and after the replacement overheating stopped.

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by James457: 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
with the cooling or radiator fan motors is the vehicle overheating. The cooling fans are thermostatic and are designed to come on once a certain temperature is reached, or certain conditions are met.

Download iMessage for PC
Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by aieromon(m): 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
blunt2dcore:

Thanks bro, for your response, i actually took time to troubleshoot the issue this weekend, the top gasket was bad, and after the replacement overheating stopped.

You just saved money that would have gone into a one bedroom apartment project on behalf of Kazeem. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice Urgently Needed From The Auto Guru!!! by peeps4u: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
blunt2dcore:

Reconnect the thermostat

(1) (Reply)

LAGOS OKADA BAN: The Death Of A Necessary Evil / I Need A Bus For Higher Purchase In Benin / Toyota Camry For Sell..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.