Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly (1133 Views)

Lady Steals From Ecobank In Ghana, Arrested (Photos, Video) / James Nwagalezi Hacks Into Ecobank’s App, Withdraws N207 Million / Please Help! Ecobank Charges Me N20 Per Balance Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by SILVERLINES: 6:47am On Jan 09, 2021
Sometimes last year I opened an account with Ecobank through a mobile App which was the normal I opened all my account, then will take my particulars to the bank to activate the said account. But in case of Ecobank my story was different as I went to the bank to activate the account and after waiting on the long que getting to my turn Ecobank staffs tells me the account I want to activate is called express account and it doesn't require activation from the bank and it's all about what I did through the mobile App, and I asked whether it's not necessary to link my BVN to the account and in response was no. Now the problem of this frustrated express account is the delay in transactions.
To cut this very long story short. Yesterday I was in the hospital to visit one of my relatives in the hospital and also fute the medical bills so the medical officers can go ahead in their services. When I got there I wanted to transfer the sum of 80k through my Access Bank USSD code, but Access Bank warn me that I can't transfer such amount through USSD and I now pleaded with the hospital accountant that I should transfer the money in part like 20k four times to complete the amount she said that won't be a better idea.

No other alternative for me as I don't have access Bank ATM card with me, my new mobile device won't activate my access Bank or my UBA mobile App. I now resorted to transferring the 20k into four parts to the said dumb Ecobank express account where I think I can transfer from there in bulk to the hospital account. and from yesterday noon till now only 40k of the amount reflect on my ECOBANK express app and I can't even transfer out the 40k, the cash stuck there. The hospital now threatened to kick out the patient as I can't effect the payment from that yesterday. I pleaded with them to be patient with me and show them all the transaction alert I got from Access Bank and they can't get it. The last 18k in my account I used it to arrange provisions and food for the sick man.

Now the main reason I posted this here is to pour out my anger and create awareness for others. In fact I very frustrated at this time.
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by anthonyuncle(m): 6:51am On Jan 09, 2021
you should've downloaded access bank mobile app (although both banks you mentioned are bunch of craps)
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by SILVERLINES: 6:53am On Jan 09, 2021
anthonyuncle:
you should've downloaded access bank mobile app (although both banks you mentioned are bunch of craps)
I'm using a new mobile phone and I tried to reactivate my access Bank App and they said I should go to the bank branch before I can activate it
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by popsy2(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Gbese
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by Osuman(m): 7:17am On Jan 09, 2021
To be honest I have be using that bank since 2009 when it was oceanic bank, they always have network issue. So my advice is whenever you want to use your money urgently don't use eckobank. Now for saving he sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by Freestainworld(m): 7:57am On Jan 09, 2021
Nigerian banks shaa
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by Segtobi(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2021
Can I link you up with a member of staff of the bank?
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by Sugarbrands: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2021
Wow. I am not in your position but I feel the discomfort you feel, but things like this happen. You can call the number below and I am sure they will resolve it for you. Their customer care can be so helpful in dealing with issues like this

+2347007736437
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by SILVERLINES: 10:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Sugarbrands:
Wow. I am not in your position but I feel the discomfort you feel, but things like this happen. You can call the number below and I am sure they will resolve it for you. Their customer care can be so helpful in dealing with issues like this

+2347007736437

Thanks you
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by danietohbadt(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2021
SILVERLINES:
I'm using a new mobile phone and I tried to reactivate my access Bank App and they said I should go to the bank branch before I can activate it

If you changed your phone recently, all you have to do is just click on "UNLOCK DEVICE" option on the app, then follow the prompt.

Ecobank is a useless bank anytime anywhere.
if you eventually scale through this, withdraw all your money and say goodbye.

I won't forget in earnest how they withheld my alawee back then during nysc for no reason.

Since then, kamapademo ni ooo

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by tivta(m): 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
danietohbadt:

If you changed your phone recently, all you have to do is just click on "UNLOCK DEVICE" option on the app, then follow the prompt.

Ecobank is a useless bank anytime anywhere.
if you eventually scale through this, withdraw all your money and say goodbye.

I won't forget in earnest how they withheld my alawee back then during nysc for no reason.

Since then, kamapademo ni ooo

Speak for yourself, i haven't had major issues with Ecobank since 2002
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by Teemsteems2: 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aww sorry things like that happen, the thing is most banks sometimes have network issues it happens this is Nigeria. I have been using Ecobank for years now and I must say I haven’t had major issues once. I actually prefer their app cus it’s very simple to use
Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by PHEMMY2011: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
I can imagine what you went tru, u could have tried the xpress cash option on the Ecobank Ussd menu, it allows u withdraw from a nearby Ecobank machine or any of their agents. Have tried it b4 and it works well. At times I get stranded not having my ATM cards but I use the express cash often n it really helps.
Knowledge is power

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ecobank Is Killing Me Slowly by danietohbadt(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
tivta:

Speak for yourself, i haven't had major issues with Ecobank since 2002

You've not had issues with them doesn't mean others don't have issues with them.

I use Access Bank and I enjoy their services, and funny enough I see some of my friends complaining about them, one even reported them to CBN. This Is the same bank I enjoy seamless services with.

By the way, I shared my experience using the bank, I spoke for myself and not for everyone.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mob Sets Suspected Burglar Ablaze In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Lawyers Please Help,as My Mum Is On Clutches / Yahoo Boys Living Large After Money Rïtual Work From Baba As Instructed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.