Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,201 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? (579 Views)

Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Read A Book Today!!! / What Is The Difference Between Reviewing A Book And Summarizing A Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by Benblaq(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2021
Good morning and a blessed weekend to you, good people of Nigeria. Hope we're all good.

Straight to the point. I wrote a novel (20k words) during the Lockdown/ASUU strike. Before now, I've written many short stories and won some literary competitions with them, but this particular one was specifically written for financial purpose. This is the first time I want to go beyond the normal write&post I've been doing for years now, that's why I need experienced persons to help put me through. I'm really nervous (more like being scared), although I have a conviction that it'll end well. I called a publishing company who asked me to get a lecturer to do the vetting (corrections and rearrangements) for me. I already contacted an ELS lecturer in my school who agreed to do it (10k after I pleaded). The company asked me to come back to them when he's done.
That aside, I still need suggestions on how to go about on: low expenses and total costs, promotion after it's been done and how to make profit from it. I'll also appreciate if someone puts me through on how to sell on Amazon and other marketing sites.

It's a story about a young boy who, just like others, travelled from the village to the city in search of greener pastures. His struggles and how it finally ended. It's really worthwhile.
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by Goalnaldo(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2021
I would like to learn too. Concerning Amazon, you need to have the manuscript and book cover designs then go to https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/GCAMZS55VGYBQVEG and sign up. It's a really straight forward process.
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by popsy2(m): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2021
Dunno
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by Benblaq(m): 8:05am On Jan 09, 2021
Goalnaldo:
I would like to learn too. Concerning Amazon, you need to have the manuscript and book cover designs then go to https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/GCAMZS55VGYBQVEG and sign up. It's a really straight forward process.
You're a good man. I'll check it right away.
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by Benblaq(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2021
Suggestions please.
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by Benblaq(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
popsy2:
Dunno
Alright.
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by Benblaq(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
Divepen1 Obinnau, help please.
Re: What's The Cost Of Publishing A Book And How To Make Profit From It? by efeski(m): 4:22am On Sep 01, 2021
sammnatt

I saw your email notification weeks ago

For personal reasons I've stopped responding to mails cos in the past some folks tried to unmask my identity for some not so good reasons and given the circumstances of my situation I realised I should have used a new account with anonymous email to register for the purpose of my diary.

Anyways long story short

You can respond here to this mention and we can communicate on this dead thread or mail me at drsleep036atgmaildotcom

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

I Miss My Ex So Much / Awakening The Spirit In African Cinema / Turn On The Heat By Ranti Fawehinmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.