Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Be Wary: How A Colleague's Money Was Stolen Electronically - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Be Wary: How A Colleague's Money Was Stolen Electronically (424 Views)

How My Generator Was Stolen Last Night / Man Commits Suicide After A Colleague Lied Against Him & He Was Fired - Twitter / UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Wary: How A Colleague's Money Was Stolen Electronically by symbianDON(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2021
I read a thread on FP this morning about how funds (totalling 25k) were purported stolen from someone's account using electronic means and felt I should share this narrative with everyone; it should sure help. Seriously, when banks WARN that you should protect your ATM card details ALWAYS, they really know what they are saying. I have this colleague at work who, recently, was involved in a car crash that left her immobilized at home. Of course, as colleagues, several people from the office ofren went to visit her and spend time to encourage her, keep her company. On a certain day, a transaction alert suddenly popped up on her phone while she sat there, incapacitated and her ATM card 'supposedly' safely in her purse!! She was completely stunned!!! Now, there is this young lad (about 20years old), a neighbour, who had been helping her run banking errands all the while.....needless to say, he, naturally was the first suspected thief since he had handled her card numerous times and knew her PIN. Police came in, he was arrested and detained but he maintained his innocence. So, what actually happened? Who did the crime? Well, in the course of investigation, since it was an ATM transaction, the bank was obliged to release CCTV footage of the transaction. Guess who stole her money?? A female colleague who appeared to be the one who sympathized with her the most!! Upon being apprehended, she confessed to have been present on the first occasion when she sent the boy to help withdrawal funds for her and HAD HEARD HER ANNOUNCE HER PIN to the boy. She revealed that since then she had planned on how to get her hands on the woman's card and had SECRETLY STOLEN the ATM card on one of her subsequent visits! Now being a shallow minded thief, she thought if she didn't make a transfer to her own account, she couldn't be linked to the crime so she actually transferred the money into a relative's account who lives very faraway in another city. This goes to show the extent even people we least expect can go to hurt us if the opportunity arises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Wary: How A Colleague's Money Was Stolen Electronically by phrancys001(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2021
the innocent boy should forever swear for d lady
Re: Be Wary: How A Colleague's Money Was Stolen Electronically by Kylekent59: 9:26am On Jan 09, 2021
The one I hate most is elderly people sending kids to go and withdraw for them at POS stand.

Yahoo boys now own a POS stands. They have POS that reads card details and there, they gat everything they need.

I will never make a withdrawal or transaction at any POS stands I see.

I drive or take a bus to get to the bank and make my transactions. The highest #100 go and come.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: A 12-year-old Serial Killer Who Also Robs People, Makes Shocking Confessi / Two KNUST Students Exchange Blows Over A Girl In Ghana (watch Video) / Benue: Army Allegedly Opens Fire, Kills 70, Sets Community Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.