Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? (1054 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(PORTHARCOURT) / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2007
How would you feel if you come in contact, i mean face to face with your present Employer at the Graduate Fair. Since, You applied for the Job fair becos you needed a change, and here you are with your Employer looking straight into your eyes and quite surprised that you could leave office to attend such fair.

Fellow Nairalanders what would your response or action be, I'd love to hear your view pls. Tanx
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by muyiolot: 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2007
I believe the peopleprime would ensure that, that doesn't happen.
They have our CV's and I believe it will be very unwise of them to arrange a meeting with one's employer.

But really, if that happens, it will be the most anxious day for the employee and my only advice for d employee (victim) is to remain as comported as he/she can be and damn the consequences.

My guy, u dey think ooooooooooo. I beg no scare people from attending the fair.

Has anybody been invited from Lagos? Presently, I heard applicants from Abuja and Port-harcourt have been called for the last stage. But I haven't heard of any in Lagos.

Takia
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by DisGuy: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2007
If you are attending a graduate fair, you'll be told what organisations are expected at the fair undecided

graduate fairs are usually for fresh graduates right not those with jobs?
you are more likely to meet members of the HR and some co-workers@ a job fair,just smile tell them you are with someone wink
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2007
@Dis Guy

Dis is Naija, Forget the fact that these graduate fairs are for fresh graduates and not for those with jobs!!!. You know that there are jobs and there are jobsss, (I mean Salary wise). So, people with the former kind of job apply for these fairs.

Considering a scenario of someone who got an offer before the fair or managing somewhere and hoping for a better placement as a fresh graduate. Do you mean to say that such a person shouldn't attend the fair which could be a stepping stone to greater heights?
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by DisGuy: 1:28am On Jul 04, 2007
well if the person has been given some sort of offer probably as someone with less than two years experience then yes the person can attend
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 05, 2007
@Muyilot

I do not mean to scare anybody o, I just imagined what would happen if such occurs. It's not impossible you know?
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by vigorous: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2007
@ Olowotee,
It is impossible to meet ur employer at the fair, because we will be informed before time, whichever establishment that will interview us on that day. I don't think any reasonable person will attend an interview that was arranged for him and his employer.
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
vigorous:

@ Olowotee,
It is impossible to meet your employer at the fair, because we will be informed before time, whichever establishment that will interview us on that day. I don't think any reasonable person will attend an interview that was arranged for him and his employer.

So Sure? huh? Well, I hope so.

Just trying to see the other side of the coin that peradventure it happens what will the reaction be?

tanx!
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by obanikoro2(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2007
@OlowoTee

so nice to see u here PRAYER PARTNER! Hope u are still praying for Chinelo Nwafor? Its so difficult getting her name off my head. I see myself praying everytime. I bliv it is well with her. ANYONE CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT I'M SAYING? COME JOIN THE PRAYING TEAM IN NAIRALAND.

Well, dat aside. Thank God Peopleprime will send the list of coys that will attend the fair. My coy just employed alot of people recently and honestly dont tink they will be present, but if they are, hmmm bros e go hard!

I'll find a way of beating them becos I cant just see myself missing this fair. May God help all the employed NOT to see their employers there  grin grin grin
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by obanikoro2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2007
as for those who took the test in Lagos, they have shortlisted and started sending mails. Just got mine some minutes ago IN MY BULK FOLDER!!!

So pls dont delete the mess in ur bulk without checking it. ok? love ya guys kiss kiss kiss
Re: Primepeople Graduate Fair: How'd You Feel? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2007
@Obanikoro
I believe it's well with her too. I'll try and confirm the situation of things from the sender. It's quite unfortunate that it happens that way. Anyone interested in chinelo's issue can get the gist here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-59716.0.html

As per Graduate Fair.
I pray it doesn't happen anyway. Wishing you a successful outcome!

(1) (Reply)

Invitation For Guinness Test / Has Chevron Ever Called You? Pls Drop A Line Here: / High Paying Job Opportunities In A Reputable Consulting Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.