Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k (546 Views)

Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos / 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? / Can 800k Take Me To Qatar Or Kuwait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by saxokay(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
brothers and sisters pls I really need your sincere advice concern this pressing issue
my mum really want me to travel to Dubai
we have already meet with my mother younger brother who is in to traveling stuff
but I don't Know I can convince my mother to allow me to start a poultry farm with that money

note:my mother is the one to finance everything
pls I need your advice may be I should agree with
and not to try and convince her about the poultry farming

pls don't mind my typo.
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by RedPanthar: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
While there's profit in poultry the chances of total risk is high for a starter. If you had advanced knowledge it's a different ball game. You're more likely to success and faster going abroad. I'm an agriculturist and know the profit in the indistry so I can tell you the money is where advanced knowledge is which you lack at the moment. So for this reason,I encourage to travel abroad after you've built yourself to some extent,you may setup anything you want later on
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
If you have a vision to go big into poultry farming then it's ultimately your prerogative to communicate with your mum.

But ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you have any experience in poultry farming?
2. Do you know a lot about agriculture?
3. What if the business fails? (poultry is a quite susceptible to failure cos chicks can die easily). Would you have backup funds?

For me, I'd advise you go to Dubai if you answer "no" to two of the above questions. Starting a business without any other source of income is a bad idea. Go to Dubai, get a job even if its menial, work hard and save for a few years, while doing that, take time to learn about poultry farming and if you have funds you can start it in Nigeria and get a trustworthy person with experience to manage it for you while you're over there.

Going to Dubai would also expose you to other opportunities that you didn't think of...
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by Soulrebel2(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
Go to Dubai bro..I started poultry farming in 2018 with 100 old layers and some turkey..at 3months old I lost 91 old layers to some mystery disease..it left me cripples because I invested my last card there...and also my parents warned me against it...poultry is another ball game..poultry is best as a side hustle for a beginner.. Go to Dubai, keep your head down and save up some money..like someone said you might get something else to invest in..
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by cabasaa03(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Invest in Egg Distribution at least and thank me Later. Dubai is 50/50, if you dont get the Job , you find yourself coming back to Nigeria. Dubai is not like before again please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by VEXT: 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
Pity you ...Am into poultry also... But brother with that money, just japa !!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by MERCHANDISER: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
I am into poultry also.I am an experienced farmer but I will advice u to travel.

I dont like Dubai anyway

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by saxokay(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
xProfx:
If you have a vision to go big into poultry farming then it's ultimately your prerogative to communicate with your mum.

But ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you have any experience in poultry farming?
2. Do you know a lot about agriculture?
3. What if the business fails? (poultry is a quite susceptible to failure cos chicks can die easily). Would you have backup funds?

For me, I'd advise you go to Dubai if you answer "no" to two of the above questions. Starting a business without any other source of income is a bad idea. Go to Dubai, get a job even if its menial, work hard and save for a few years, while doing that, take time to learn about poultry farming and if you have funds you can start it in Nigeria and get a trustworthy person with experience to manage it for you while you're over there.

Going to Dubai would also expose you to other opportunities that you didn't think of...

thanks bro
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by saxokay(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
VEXT:
Pity you ...Am into poultry also... But brother with that money, just japa !!!

thanks brother
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by saxokay(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Soulrebel2:
Go to Dubai bro..I started poultry farming in 2018 with 100 old layers and some turkey..at 3months old I lost 91 old layers to some mystery disease..it left me cripples because I invested my last card there...and also my parents warned me against it...poultry is another ball game..poultry is best as a side hustle for a beginner.. Go to Dubai, keep your head down and save up some money..like someone said you might get something else to invest in..

thanks mam
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by Nicoswit(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
Why did you choose poultry business? Because of its high risk but i dont support diz traveling idea as well...you can look for another viable business because the best way to travel without suffering is getting a job there then the company process work visa for you
Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by Originalsly: 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
Let's reason. What exactly are you going to do in Dubai?.... not what you hope to do... what will you be doing? if your plan is to arrive in Dubai.... then you will find your way... I suggest you invest in Naijabet or whatever.... you stand a better chance to be successful... and if you fail... you would still be at home... and not trapped abroad.
On poultry farming.... if you go about it like most people... the risk is also high. Besides diseases etc.... the expenses involved..... mainly in feeds and medicines are on the high side... if you follow follow and raise your chicks just like most poultry farmers.
If you choose to do it naturally... your expenses will be wayyyy less... mortality rate wayyy less..... medications wayyy less.... and if broilers... your birds weigh wayyy more.... and wayyy healthier meat. A beginner?... no problem... N800K is wayyy too much for a startup!
I highly recommend you go to Agriculture Section of this forum.... in search section enter organicfoods... it's the handle of a NLander... on his comment... press.and hold his name.... go to his profile page... at the bottom.. press on his topics... select.... My Organic Poultry Project (broilers). you will be guided step by step... and with explanations. This is the blue print on how to raise poultry successfully in Nigeria. Thank him later.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Poultry Farming In Nigeria With 800k by saxokay(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Originalsly:
Let's reason. What exactly are you going to do in Dubai?.... not what you hope to do... what will you be doing? if your plan is to arrive in Dubai.... then you will find your way... I suggest you invest in Naijabet or whatever.... you stand a better chance to be successful... and if you fail... you would still be at home... and not trapped abroad.
On poultry farming.... if you go about it like most people... the risk is also high. Besides diseases etc.... the expenses involved..... mainly in feeds and medicines are on the high side... if you follow follow and raise your chicks just like most poultry farmers.
If you choose to do it naturally... your expenses will be wayyyy less... mortality rate wayyy less..... medications wayyy less.... and if broilers... your birds weigh wayyy more.... and wayyy healthier meat. A beginner?... no problem... N800K is wayyy too much for a startup!
I highly recommend you go to Agriculture Section of this forum.... in search section enter organicfoods... it's the handle of a NLander... on his comment... press.and hold his name.... go to his profile page... at the bottom.. press on his topics... select.... My Organic Poultry Project (broilers). you will be guided step by step... and with explanations. This is the blue print on how to raise poultry successfully in Nigeria. Thank him later.

thanks bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Procedures And Advice For Getting All Travel Documents From Nigeria To The US. / Connect With Expatriates - ConnectExpat! / Mexico Student Visa Or Russian Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.