Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) (42198 Views)

How To Make Vegetable Gravy | A Healthy Alternative to stew (pictures and video) / Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / A Rookie Guide To Cooking Premium Nigerian Stew (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Trogge: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aunty when did you put the patience, is it before or after cooking grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Esji80(m): 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
grin grin
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Eddygourdo(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Stew is ready…

Pic 3: For those people that’ll say they want only meat. Lol
good gracious. I can taste it from here. Asides the risks involved with bleaching oil ( catching fire Et Al ) , this would have been my preferred method for stew....but I dey fear. Good job dear. You can cook Biko.....kudos
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by BENNIE80: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
This is very nice
I admire people who can cook

1 Like

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by TheWalkingMind: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
Naso OP spoil market for mama put.

That stew has been the only thing taking me there. I mean I used to make stew but they never tasted like the nuka. And you can just sparingly ask those women.

Anyway, I've got this down now. I'll try it this new week.

That makes two; jollof and stew

1 Like

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Twoclans(f): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

I pursue man too, but you don’t expect me to show/teach you that one. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by tweakdude1: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Buka stew! Indeed aka yoruba stew.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by The5DME(m): 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
I like food but I no sabi cook.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Stew is ready…

I usually add locust beans to mine and I also boil the pepper to give it a distinct taste and ofcourse, lots of red onions.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2021
sonnie10:
What is the cost of making one medium pot?

I really can’t tell, because I don’t know you definition of medium pot. But a lot would depend on the cost of tatashe in the market. I used N800 tatashe, plus tomatoes and pepper would be N1000. I got a 2.4l bowl from it.

The5DME:
I like food but I no sabi cook.

Normal thing. Most foodies no sabi cook and most good cooks are not foodies. cheesy

Eddygourdo:
good gracious. I can taste it from here. Asides the risks involved with bleaching oil ( catching fire Et Al ) , this would have been my preferred method for stew....but I dey fear. Good job dear. You can cook Biko.....kudos

Cover your pot na. I covered mine while it bleached for 15minutes. Put off the burner and took it to the balcony. Left it there, undisturbed and covered.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by The5DME(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

I really can’t tell, because I don’t know you definition of medium pot. But a lot would depend on the cost of tatashe in the market. I used N800 tatashe, plus tomatoes and pepper would be N1000. I got a 2.4l bowl from it.

Normal thing. Most foodies no sabi cook and most good cooks are not foodies. cheesy
I admire your sense of humor.

Cover your pot na. I covered mine while it bleached for 15minutes. Put off the burner and took it to the balcony. Left it there, undisturbed and covered.

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
Eddygourdo:

For Buka stew you need just mild bleaching except you are making Ayamase,... Just put the gas on very low heat and leave the pot open... Slice some onions into the oil to give it some aroma and once the oil changes colour a bit it is good to go and the low heat will not make the oil smoke out.

If you like locust beans which is very good for special buka stew, just put some in the oil during the mild bleaching and let it fry in the oil with a little grind crayfish or prawn.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
Toks2008:

For Buka stew you need just mild bleaching except you are making Ayamase,... Just put the gas on very low heat and leave the pot open... Slice some onions into the oil to give it some aroma and once the oil changes colour a bit it is good to go and the low heat will not make the oil smoke out.

If you like locust beans which is very good for special buka stew, just put some in the oil during the mild bleaching and let it fry in the oil with a little grind crayfish or prawn.

Yoruba people and iru. Abeg, that one is something else, not any “special” buka stew. Which one is crayfish and iru in buka stew again?

That is how one put iru in afang soup and claimed it was special. Gosh!! grin grin
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Briells: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
did you de-seed the tatashe, or you blended as is?

[quote author=pocohantas post=97885966]
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by sapporo: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Topleague:
good one @ pocohantas. Wish am still single

who says you can't marry two wives or divorce your wife. Man up
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Previously I created a thread on how to make a nice Ngerian stew. You can find it HERE.

Fun fact: Do you know your tatashe is the red variant of green pepper? Yes, the green pepper you use for fried rice.

Pic 1: I thought this guy was selling tatashe o, he had only tomatoes. Was so impressed with the arrangement.

Pic 2: He asked me to snap the front too, lol. Last last, I bought tomatoes that I thought I didn’t need.

Pic 3: The exact way I combined my pepper mix

Stew without tomatoes only with pepper mix?
Do you want to kill person with pepper ?
Anyway, change your profile pix: thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
Briells:
did you de-seed the tatashe, or you blended as is?

I de-seeded. Isn’t that the standard? Lol cheesy

prekumohtim:

Stew without tomatoes only with pepper mix?
Do you want go kill person with pepper ?
Anyway, change your profile pix: thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God

There is a little tomatoes. Not like spiciness is a bad thing. I like it spicy.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by YorubaPrince: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nonsense and Poison! angry
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by engrelvis(m): 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

I pursue man too, but you don’t expect me to show/teach you that one. cheesy
lol..
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by RosyBrain: 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1XrOQ_v7Nk

Hi, please kindly watch, share, like, and subscribe to our Chanel, God bless y'all. Amen.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Amorprincesa24: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
This looks really delicious
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by olajizz01(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Chii59:

Uncle go and marrrryyyyyyy.
You want to remain single to be eating all of the above without sharing with anyone.
Stingy bachelor. undecided
Hahaha...............,funny
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Zane2point4(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
Chii59:
No wonder them dey rush you.
Guys and food.
I just pity the man who'd expect me to be whipping up different delicacies for his eating pleasure.
Pls dont get married,you've no business with it.
Dont expect a man to give u moni too.

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by lebete3000: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Stew is ready…

I prefer Banga stew jarey. This one sweet, but dey empty. No better nutrient. Wey better soup like Egusi, Ogbono, Edikangikang soup, Afang, Ofe Nsala, Oha and many more soup dey, wey geh nutrient yafunyafun; you come dey cook Omi Obe gimme.

Bia no try me this evening ooo.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Lamasta(m): 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Previously I created a thread on how to make a nice Ngerian stew. You can find it HERE.

Fun fact: Do you know your tatashe is the red variant of green pepper? Yes, the green pepper you use for fried rice.

Pic 1: I thought this guy was selling tatashe o, he had only tomatoes. Was so impressed with the arrangement.

Pic 2: He asked me to snap the front too, lol. Last last, I bought tomatoes that I thought I didn’t need.

Pic 3: The exact way I combined my pepper mix
Are you a caterer pocohantas

You a good cook tho I have not tasted your food grin
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Toreddo3679(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
Marcofranz:
So all you do in your leisure is cook? undecided
Didn't the holy book say "man must not live by bread alone"?
Na Wa o! undecided
As if you know Bible sef
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Yoruba people and iru. Abeg, that one is something else, not any “special” buka stew. Which one is crayfish and iru in buka stew again?

That is how one put iru in afang soup and claimed it was special. Gosh!! grin grin

Iru cuts across all tribes...ogiri in igbo and dawadawa In Hausa.

You have no idea how great it is in soups especially in vegetables and Ofada sauce.

For the grind crayfish, it gives the soup a dinstint taste.

Me I be very good cook o.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Marcofranz(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
Toreddo3679:

As if you know Bible sef
And what made you feel I don't know the bible? undecided
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Make I carry my eba show
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by olanrewaju49127: 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Buka stew! Indeed aka yoruba stew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Chicken Burger I Bought At Onitsha Restaurant (Pictures) / The #500 breakfast / Twitter User Has Quit Buying Indomie Because Of Omojuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.