Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) (42190 Views)

How To Make Vegetable Gravy | A Healthy Alternative to stew (pictures and video) / Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / A Rookie Guide To Cooking Premium Nigerian Stew (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2021
Chii59:

Team "chop life"
Uncle you don dey get professor emeritus for singlehood o.
Go and marrrryyyyyyy grin

Lol! It is in naija that many men have that mentality that it is a woman that must cook and not a man's duty but that is not the case in many other countries...

Asides, cooking is a passion and YES I am an excellent cook.

To even think that my wife cooks far better than I do but sometimes I just love to do it myself for the fun of it.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Toks2008(m): 8:43am On Jan 10, 2021
Chii59:

Iru dey make food spoil quick quick especially if you no get fridge.

Spoil quick as how?

Does it even make any sense to warm food over and over AGAIN?

But for the crazy electricity situation in Nigeria, one ought to cook and store in the freezer and only take out the needed portion at a time to macro wave and eat.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 1:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
cooooooks:
Could I bleach palm oil in the oven?
Could I cook this with, say, olive oil first and add the oven-bleached oil later?

Asking because if I try bleaching at home, I'm pretty sure the fire department will be called (and I could be charged).

Please don’t do that. No olive oil, only palm oil.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Yoruba people and iru. Abeg, that one is something else, not any “special” buka stew. Which one is crayfish and iru in buka stew again?

That is how one put iru in afang soup and claimed it was special. Gosh!! grin grin

Winch! grin grin
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by ifunaya01(f): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Pic 1: Bleached palm oil Pic 2: Initial stage of my pepper mix. Watch the transformation. Pic 3: My mix is now well fried. It took me 1hr 31mins to get this. Pic 4: Poured in my stock and meat.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by ifunaya01(f): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
@pocohantas thanks for the recipe.
please can you explain ur step 1 again and while frying the stew, should it be done with low heat.
thank you.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
ifunaya01:
@pocohantas thanks for the recipe.
please can you explain ur step 1 again and while frying the stew, should it be done with low heat.
thank you.

You are welcome. Care to tell what exactly you didn’t understand? Medium-low heat- enough to do the Lord’s work without it burning.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by Omawumi17(f): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
To be eaten with a plate of amala ati ewedu and stepped down with a bottle of chilledcoke
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by ifunaya01(f): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2021
pocohantas:

You are welcome. Care to tell what exactly you didn’t understand? Medium-low heat- enough to do the Lord’s work without it burning.
I didn't understand the part where you said "Reheat part of the oil. A little over half of it in another pot. "
Do you mean part of the oil should be poured out. I just don't get that part.
Thanks.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
ifunaya01:

I didn't understand the part where you said "Reheat part of the oil. A little over half of it in another pot. "
Do you mean part of the oil should be poured out. I just don't get that part.
Thanks.

I heated my oil in a saucepan, then poured out part in a bigger pot for cooking. smiley
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by ifunaya01(f): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
pocohantas:

I heated my oil in a saucepan, then poured out part in a bigger pot for cooking. smiley
ooh....i get it now
thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by WetSmoke: 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
Poco no onions needed.in the pepper mix?
pocohantas:

Pic 1: I got this gallon of premium palm oil from my village people. Let’s also show the good things they do, lol.

Pic 2: Blended mix

Pic 3 & 4: A little bit of everything.
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by driand(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2021
pocohantas:

Stew is ready…

Pic 3: For those people that’ll say they want only meat. Lol
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by driand(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Stew is ready…

Pic 3: For those people that’ll say they want only meat. Lol
I tried this yesterday and nailed it, only one error, not enough oil undecided

but result was still BOOM!!!...
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
driand:
I tried this yesterday and nailed it, only one error, not enough oil undecided

but result was still BOOM!!!...

You would get used to the oil. I bet you were scared that it would be too much. grin
Re: How To Make Buka Stew (Pictures) by driand(m): 12:29am On Jan 25, 2021
pocohantas:

You would get used to the oil. I bet you were scared that it would be too much. grin
aswear, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Chicken Burger I Bought At Onitsha Restaurant (Pictures) / The #500 breakfast / Man Who Cries When He Sees Food Exposed By Twitter User (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.