Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba (1079 Views)

Burger With Cornflakes Inside: My Experience At An Eatery / My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza / Domino's Pizza Officially Launched In Port Harcourt (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by nonhuman(m): 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
[There is this new creamy plaza that just opened on the first day of January at factory road, Aba.
Each time I walk or pass by this dominos creamy plaza I see people troupe in and out, cars parked everywhere normal with any new thing in Aba, the activities I see got me enticed to try enter there and buy ice cream for myself too, may be its no longer called ice cream there, they call it cold stone or stone cold, my anger is that i got what i didnt bargain for,.
This afternoon i had 8000 to go pay dept but i decided not to pay complete i had to reserve 3k and paid him 5k, on my way back i entered the cream plaza with hope that i can get #500 cup of ice cream or even the cold stone and requested for the smallest cup the guys ask which flavour I said I don't know just give me the cold stone he said alcohol flavour I said OK put, the guy started mixing things inside the cream oo, mean while I looked around and I saw groundnut in another customers own I now ask him what about the groundnut he said OK should I put groundnut for you I said yes, he packed about 8 seeds of groundnut and added, immediately I spotted a sign which reads "300 naira per mix" i wondered what that means I said in my mind that may be that my bill will be 300 naira, low and behold my bill came out 2700naira I almost shouted for what, but I comported myself and paid 3000 and the gave me balance of 300 naira just for one small cup of one sugary something I almost cried, and left.

Bellow are picture of the receipt I have never had lunch with 1k before at a time now I paid 3k. I have decided to punish myself to stay hungry for two days , if i had paid all the 8k I wouldn't have enterd there in the first place,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by nonhuman(m): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
The one that is more painful is that I actually paid #300tax on that thing, written boldly on the receipt

2 Likes

Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by just2endowed: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
lol, welcome wfast life

Lala hit this on Frontpage
Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
You wan feel among naw, see the result.
Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by freeman5050: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2021
nonhuman:
[There is this new creamy plaza that just opened on the first day of January at factory road, Aba.
Each time I walk or pass by this dominos creamy plaza I see people troupe in and out, cars parked everywhere normal with any new thing in Aba, the activities I see got me enticed to try enter there and buy ice cream for myself too, may be its no longer called ice cream there, they call it cold stone or stone cold, my anger is that i got what i didnt bargain for,.
This afternoon i had 8000 to go pay dept but i decided not to pay complete i had to reserve 3k and paid him 5k, on my way back i entered the cream plaza with hope that i can get #500 cup of ice cream or even the cold stone and requested for the smallest cup the guys ask which flavour I said I don't know just give me the cold stone he said alcohol flavour I said OK put, the guy started mixing things inside the cream oo, mean while I looked around and I saw groundnut in another customers own I now ask him what about the groundnut he said OK should I put groundnut for you I said yes, he packed about 8 seeds of groundnut and added, immediately I spotted a sign which reads "300 naira per mix" i wondered what that means I said in my mind that may be that my bill will be 300 naira, low and behold my bill came out 2700naira I almost shouted for what, but I comported myself and paid 3000 and the gave me balance of 300 naira just for one small cup of one sugary something I almost cried, and left.

Bellow are picture of the receipt I have never had lunch with 1k before at a time now I paid 3k. I have decided to punish myself to stay hungry for two days , if i had paid all the 8k I wouldn't have enterd there in the first place,

You have really made my night with laughter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by pocohantas(f): 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
nonhuman:
may be its no longer called ice cream there, they call it cold stone or stone cold,

Lol @ Stone cold. Undertaker nko? cheesy

my anger is that i got what i didnt bargain for,.
This afternoon i had 8000 to go pay dept but i decided not to pay complete i had to reserve 3k and paid him 5k,

This was a very wrong application of opportunity cost.

on my way back i entered the cream plaza with hope that i can get #500 cup of ice cream or even the cold stone and requested for the smallest cup the guys ask which flavour I said I don't know just give me the cold stone he said alcohol flavour I said OK put, the guy started mixing things inside the cream oo, mean while I looked around and I saw groundnut in another customers own I now ask him what about the groundnut he said OK should I put groundnut for you I said yes, he packed about 8 seeds of groundnut and added, immediately I spotted a sign which reads "300 naira per mix" i wondered what that means I said in my mind that may be that my bill will be 300 naira, low and behold my bill came out 2700naira I almost shouted for what, but I comported myself and paid 3000 and the gave me balance of 300 naira just for one small cup of one sugary something I almost cried, and left.

Never be ashamed to ask questions. If there is no menu or a signage clearly stating the cost of things, I always ask. Even when you enter places they render services, don’t assume because Johnbull cuts your hair for N300 in Amukoko, this one no go pass N1000...ASK!!!

Lol @groundnut.

Don’t punish yourself. It is good you have experienced it. Now you can make up your mind to continue or abstain. I have had Cold stone not more than 10x. I like ice cream, but not Cold Stone. Sometimes you just do these things to see what is there. You know when people keep saying Cold Stone, Cold Stone. Oya, we have taken the Cold Stone, anything else?

Cold Stone, Kilimanjaro, Market Square- all in Aba now. I believe they did their feasibility studies before coming. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by izzou(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin

My chest grin grin

So sorry for your ordeal. But next time, always have the courage to make enquiries. Nobody go bite you

You should have asked him how much a particular size of cup cost.
Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by nonhuman(m): 6:55am On Jan 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Lol @ Stone cold. Undertaker nko? cheesy

This was a very wrong application of opportunity cost.

Never be ashamed to ask questions. If there is no menu or a signage clearly stating the cost of things, I always ask. Even when you enter places they render services, don’t assume because Johnbull cuts your hair for N300 in Amukoko, this one no go pass N1000...ASK!!!

Lol @groundnut.

Don’t punish yourself. It is good you have experienced it. Now you can make up your mind to continue or abstain. I have had Cold stone not more than 10x. I like ice cream, but not Cold Stone. Sometimes you just do these things to see what is there. You know when people keep saying Cold Stone, Cold Stone. Oya, we have taken the Cold Stone, anything else?

Cold Stone, Kilimanjaro, Market Square- all in Aba now. I believe they did their feasibility studies before coming. Nice one.
for now that cold stone is aba is just enjoying their newness, I give them after February their staff strength will reduce to 3, give it 6 months they will be out if business, or they will begin to sell fan ice cream

1 Like

Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by okirewaju(f): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
Na wa!!
2700 when go reach you cook soup.

Experience is the best teacher
Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by pocohantas(f): 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
nonhuman:
for now that cold stone is aba is just enjoying their newness, I give them after February their staff strength will reduce to 3, give it 6 months they will be out if business, or they will begin to sell fan ice cream

Hahahahaha. I felt same way when I heard they entered Aba o. I sha told myself they know what they saw before coming, wetin concern me?

I pity Crunchies though. KJ came and knocked their engine.

Hope you enjoyed the ice cream?
Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by nonhuman(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Hahahahaha. I felt same way when I heard they entered Aba o. I sha told myself they know what they say before coming, wetin concern me?

I pity Crunchies though. KJ came and knocked their engine.

Hope you enjoyed the ice cream?
How can I enjoy it when I feel scamed coupled with sugary tastes, I didn't enjoy anything
Re: My First Time Experience At The New Domino's Plaza Aba by Sixfeetbelle: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
nonhuman:

grin grin grin grin

This one na vex ooh. Imagine selling Fanyogo in Cold Stone cheesy

But you're right though. All these fancy restaurants and eateries only have customer base during the festive period because an average Nigerian cannot afford the luxury of going to an eatery every other day. They might not go out of business but they'll definitely drop majority of their staff.

Sorry about your ordeal but like you've been advised, always ask the price of things no matter where you are. I don't like embarrassment that's why I never fail to ask price just in case I'm too broke to afford it.

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Help Burn Fat. / How To Cook Yoruba Soup / See The Bush Meat That Was Killed In My Hood Tonight (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.