Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! (661 Views)

Ap Kitchen And Bakery Equipment / Affordable Souvenirs, Kitchen And Household Items / See The New Cooking Tricks That Will Change Your Kitchen And Restaurant ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! by Redcarpet2011: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hi Guys. I fried plantain for the first time in 15 years and I was a bit nervous, but at the end of the day I did a really good job. There was no burn but it took so much energy to make sure their was Zero burn in a 100 plantains. While doing it I had to throw a salute to all the women who fry plantain without burning them. It got me thinking to why women feel so bad when they are told their place is in the kitchen. Is the kitchen a bad place to be in ?? Food is integral to human survival so why is making food " looked down upon ? ". We think wasting time in the sitting room and discussing mundane and crappy issues that do not concern us is something " intellectual " or worthwhile. It's like the crap about universities being better than polytechnics. Anyway all this mental malady is global and not only restricted to Nigeria. We don't really think much as human beings before we talk so I guess that's where the real problem is. Thumbs up to all the Women across the World switching positions. Time to sing like Arianna Grande . I love that song and video especially when she plays President of America. Thumbs up to Woman Power.

2 Likes

Re: My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2021
ok
Re: My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! by doggedfighter(f): 12:34am On Jan 10, 2021
Idleness on rampage

2 Likes

Re: My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! by longetivity(m): 1:08am On Jan 10, 2021
what's the message this post is passing
Re: My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! by JaneYave(f): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2021
Seems much joy to rant comes from frying plantain.
Re: My Place Is In The Kitchen And I'm Proud Of It !!!!! by okirewaju(f): 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
Wetin you take chop am?

Is that watermelon smoothie kiss

(1) (Reply)

US Man Spent $150 Eating Every Meal At Six Flags Since 2014 To Pay Off Debts / Can You Identify These? / Is It Proper To Boil Yam Before Peeling Or After Peeling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.