Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,234 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Death Of Freedom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Of Freedom (135 Views)

Calling For Coup In Nigeria Is An Abuse Of Freedom Of Speech - Reno Omokri / Watch: Who Gave Bianca That Long Hug Of Freedom Or Was He Tapping Current? / Nigeria's Day Of Freedom Is At The Door, Says Vp Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Death Of Freedom by thinkmoney(m): 12:19am On Jan 10, 2021
‘I Disapprove of What You Say, But Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It’ – Attributed to Voltaire

I think free speech is under attack from even America itself, the so-called vanguard of free speech.
Trump's words could be dangerous, but big media firms coordinating almost simultaneously to shut him out completely looks extreme and mischievous.
It feels very much like we are back in that dark medieval age that Bibles were consfiscated and burnt because some few elites thought the general public can't think for themselves.
This is a president that unlike several others before him hadn't use lies to unleash any major war (I guess some establishments didn't like this too). A balance in this case has obviously not been found.
If this could happen to perhaps the most powerful man in the world I fear to imagine what can happen to the common man? Hasn't an excuse been given to Lai Mohammed and APC government to shut every other Nigerians up?
WEAPONISATION OF SOCIAL MEDIA

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Stronger Together Osinbajo Says At Armed Forces Remembrance Service / Implementation Of Esp Survival Fund Sends Positive Economic Signals- Osinbajo / Two Nigerians, One Guniean Held For Drug Peddling In Bengaluru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.