Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Six Ways To Express Love For God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Ways To Express Love For God (9210 Views)

Six Ways We Can Receive Healing & Cleansing From God / Six Ways To Obtain Wisdom From God / Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by ChikezieU(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
No body talks about the love for humanity

All they do is how to show love to one imaginary being up there in the sky
. and you probably never heard that the best way to love God is to love humanity and praise God for gift of life?
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by Franking: 10:40am On Jan 10, 2021
There's nothing like God's love. If u face hardship then God is preparing u for greater things and if u are prospering then it's by God's grace. There's always an excuse.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by MOGPman(m): 10:44am On Jan 10, 2021
By obeying His Word. Thus, "If you love me, keep my commandments".
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by doggedfighter(f): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2021
Newsin:

well i guess there is a reason for that, and a lot of bad things have been happening since the universe was created but just know that God is God and he saves who he wants to save when he wants, He shouldn't be told what to do. There is a God, a Heaven and a Hell and a life after death, open your eyes and see.

When will you stop making excuses for his inaction..
Open your mind, please
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by jaxxy(m): 11:43am On Jan 10, 2021
ShackWes:
I just wonder if the whites would follow worship Jesus if he was black

blacks change your mentality and stop thinking of a Jew character in a story book as your savior

Then what’s ur alternative? Buddha, Scientology or black native gods? This isn’t about being black or white. God isn’t Balck or white. Jews are not historically white bt the white man brought Christianity to blacks. Why? They evolved in modern (not ancient) civilization b4 blacks.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by makun01(m): 11:44am On Jan 10, 2021
ShackWes:
I just wonder if the whites would follow worship Jesus if he was black

blacks change your mentality and stop thinking of a Jew character in a story book as your savior

No maike the hear you oo
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by damiloladuke: 11:58am On Jan 10, 2021
Praise God
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by Kentuforchrist(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
VEXT:

You have love for humanity, but u choose to scam people of their hard earned money.. Is that love or wickedness?
don't mind that mugu

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by Kentuforchrist(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
No body talks about the love for humanity

All they do is how to show love to one imaginary being up there in the sky
you really need Jesus
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by Akube1z: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
BarrElChapo:

OP pls what's the meaning of theorical ? Dictionaries say it's obsolete
*Theoretically

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by sonmvayina(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
The only way to express love for God is to obey his commandments...
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Una humanistic mind turn God to be like king with many wives for one Palace. Imagine the germs or spermatozoa in your body dey express its love for you or dey obey commandments, it sounds stupid, right?

1 Like

Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by franklytrue(m): 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:
Obey the commandments....

Jesus never said we should accept him as personal Lord and savior.

Why did Jesus, who was before Abraham and was ever before the earth was created, come to this world?

John 13:13-15, 20 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master,
have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you...
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 14:15, 23 If ye love me, keep my commandments...
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:12-14 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 1:10-14 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 4:14-16 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by eminex(m): 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Akube1z:
Here are Six ways(theorical) to express one's love for God.

1) By accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour. With Him you are free from condemnations, sins, and unrighteousness, and believing you will abide with God ( Heaven & Eternal life.

2) By acceptance, and Acknowledging God as our Father , Jesus as our Teacher , and most importantly Holy Spirit as the Spirit of God and power in Heaven and on Earth.

3) By seeking & longing for God , Jesus and Holy Spirit.

4) By reading the Word of God , The Holy Bible.

5) Acceptance to be a follower and disciple of Jesus Christ

6) By glorifying God

Feel free to drop your views, thoughts and ask questions.

Its stated clearly in 1John 5:3
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by AntiChristian: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
franklytrue:

Why did Jesus, who was before Abraham and was ever before the earth was formed, come to this world?

John 13:13-15, 20 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master, [/b]have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you...
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; [b]and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 14:15, 23 If ye love me, keep my commandments...
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 1:10-14 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 John 4:14-16 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Everything you quoted are from John! And most of these are applicable to other Prophets.

No where in the old testament can we find Jesus by name. How can God forget his son's or partner in trinity's name?

Who created Jesus and the spirit?
If it was the father did he created them to be his partner because he was lonely or incapable?

I really don't know why God needs help.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by franklytrue(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

Everything you quoted are from John! And most of these are applicable to other Prophets.

No where in the old testament can we find Jesus by name. How can God forget his son's or partner in trinity's name?

Who created Jesus and the spirit?
If it was the father did he created them to be his partner because he was lonely or incapable?

I really don't know why God needs help.

The book of 1 John is another book of the Bible before the book of Jude and Revelation but does it make it any less of a truth because most of those quotations above were from the book of John? There are references from other books of the Bible too.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6-8 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

Jesus was not created, neither was the Spirit. All things were created by him and for him (Col. 1:15-19). He is the omnipresent God manifest in flesh (1 Tim. 3:16).
In God's dealings with His creation, He functions or operates in three different ways: as the Father, as the Son and as the Spirit.

God gave you a mind (that is now 'fallen' below par from what God intended, because of sin) and you can not fully comprehend Him by logic or reasoning except He reveals Himself to you --and for that your entire being is still too little to contain/experience/understand His greatness and glory. He is much greater than we can imagine.

Man was created in the image and likeness of God: spirit, soul, body, and everything is connected together as one but can operate separately.
The same way God is, you do not find God separate from Himself. Just like fire that is not tangible but can only be comprehended with some of our God-given senses (sense of sight, sense of 'feeling'). Well, if fire has taste, sound of its own, smell by itself and not of the burning material, you can let us know. :-) Where ever you find fire, there are other entities you must find along.

Let me break it down a bit, though God is still greater than this. Where ever you find fire, you find:
Heat/vibration -- spirit -- Spirit
Light/brightness -- soul -- Father
Form/image (of it) -- body -- Son

Man was made in the image and likeness of God and our God is a consuming fire (Heb. 12:29)
God is not lonely. He doesn't need us but He wants us. He also wants to share His goodness with us, His creation.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by AntiChristian: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
franklytrue:

The book of 1 John is another book of the Bible before the book of Jude and Revelation but does it make it any less of a truth that most of the quotations were from John? There are references from other books of the Bible too.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6-8 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

Jesus was not created, neither was the Spirit. All things were created by him and for him (Col. 1:15-19). He is the omnipresent God manifest in flesh (1 Tim. 3:16).
In God's dealings with His creation, He functions or operates in three different ways: as the Father, as the Son and as the Spirit.

God gave you a mind (that is now 'fallen' below par from what God intended, because of sin) and you can not fully comprehend Him by logic or reasoning except He reveals Himself to you --and for that your entire being is still too little to contain/experience/understand His greatness and glory. He is much greater than we can imagine.

Man was created in the image and likeness of God: spirit, soul, body, and everything is connected together as one but can operate separately.
The same way God is, you do not find God separate from Himself. Just like fire that is not tangible but can only be comprehended with some of our God-given senses (sense of sight, sense of 'feeling'). Well, if fire has taste, sound of its own, smell by itself and not of the burning material, you can let us know. :-) Where ever you find fire, there are other entities you must find along.

Let me break it down a bit, though God is still greater than this. Where ever you find fire, you find:
Heat/vibration -- spirit -- Spirit
Light/brightness -- soul -- Father
Form/image (of it) -- body -- Son

Man was made in the image and likeness of God and our God is a consuming fire (Heb. 12:29)
God is not lonely. He doesn't need us but He wants us. He also wants to share His goodness with us, His creation.

So why was Jesus worshiping God privately and publicly on earth? Do God worship themselves?

While dying he was saying Eli Eli lama sabachthani my Lord my Lord, why have you forsaken me?

Do Lord have Lord?

How many times was Jesus even called Emmanuel in the NT? Or by any of those names?

Each of your theory can't stand scrutiny. You will just keep contradicting yourself.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by franklytrue(m): 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

So why was Jesus worshiping God privately and publicly on earth? Do God worship themselves?

While dying he was saying Eli Eli lama sabachthani my Lord my Lord, why have you forsaken me?

Do Lord have Lord?

How many times was Jesus even called Emmanuel in the NT? Or by any of those names?

Each of your theory can't stand scrutiny. You will just keep contradicting yourself.
When he was in the flesh, haven taken upon himself the form of a man (Phil. 2:6-11), he functioned as a man. He came to show us an example that we should follow in his steps (2 Pet. 2:21-25). He came to show us the kingdom and make the way thereto available for us.

The sinless One took upon himself our sin and at that moment God, who is of purer eyes than to behold iniquity, forsook him. It shows how sin separates us from God.

God is the LORD. Jesus is the Lord. What is the meaning of Lord? Owner, Master, Creator, etc. In the spirit, he is the Lord. In the flesh, he is still the Lord.

Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Lords have Lords --hierarchy.
Jesus is the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS (Rev. 19:16)

You are just a mortal man and you want to scrutinise your immortal Maker and only wise God with what? Your limited knowledge, experience and wisdom? The clay is contending with the Potter. You will not understand until you humble yourself in love. God is willing to make Himself known to you in love but pride is repulsive to Him. He resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. (James 4:6). The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God (1 Cor. 1:18-25, ch 3:18-20)
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by AntiChristian: 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
franklytrue:

When he was in the flesh, haven taken upon himself the form of a man (Phil. 2:6-11), he functioned as a man. He came to show us an example that we should follow in his steps (2 Pet. 2:21-25). He came to show us the kingdom and make the way thereto available for us.

The sinless One took upon himself our sin and at that moment God, who is of purer eyes than to behold iniquity, forsook him. It shows how sin separates us from God.

God is the LORD. Jesus is the Lord. What is the meaning of Lord? Owner, Master, Creator, etc. In the spirit, he is the Lord. In the flesh, he is still the Lord.

Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Lords have Lords --hierarchy.
Jesus is the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS (Rev. 19:16)

You are just a mortal man and you want to scrutinise your immortal Maker and only wise God with what? Your limited knowledge, experience and wisdom? The clay is contending with the Potter. You will not understand until you humble yourself in love. God is willing to make Himself known to you in love but pride is repulsive to Him. He resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. (James 4:6). The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God (1 Cor. 1:18-25, ch 3:18-20)

I don't even know what is wrong with you. Where did Jesus say all this things? These things are your core beliefs why didn't he even mention it while he was alive only for Paul, James, etc to be mentioning them.

Stop quoting letters or epistles for me quote Jesus' words or did he forgot to mention his mission in details?

If Jesus is Lord that changes not why doesn't he know the hour? He even claimed only the father knows the hour even the spirit doesn't know it.

I have never seen a Lord with limited knowledge before.

In the Old testament or Psalms, the Lord claimed His knowledge is infinite.

Jesus is God.
Jesus is son of God.
Jesus is son of Man.
Jehovah is God.
Holy spirit is God.
And God is one.
Sin against the son is forgivable.
Sin against the holy spirit is unforgivable.
When Jesus was about to be baptized a voice said " This is my beloved son in whom I'm well please." So Jesus was talking to himself right?

When Jesus was dying he said Eli Eli... My Lord, My Lord...

He was calling himself again right?

"All authority in heaven and earth have been given to me" by who? By himself!

My father is greater than I.

Why did Jesus always say "my father"?

Our father who is in heaven...

Father was never on earth but in heaven!

So how is Jesus same as father again?
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by franklytrue(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

I don't even know what is wrong with you. Where did Jesus say all this things? These things are your core beliefs why didn't he even mention it while he was alive only for Paul, James, etc to be mentioning them.

Stop quoting letters or epistles for me quote Jesus' words or did he forgot to mention his mission in details?

If Jesus is Lord that changes not why doesn't he know the hour? He even claimed only the father knows the hour even the spirit doesn't know it.

I have never seen a Lord with limited knowledge before.

In the Old testament or Psalms, the Lord claimed His knowledge is infinite.

Jesus is God.
Jesus is son of God.
Jesus is son of Man.
Jehovah is God.
Holy spirit is God.
And God is one.
Sin against the son is forgivable.
Sin against the holy spirit is unforgivable.
When Jesus was about to be baptized a voice said " This is my beloved son in whom I'm well please." So Jesus was talking to himself right?

When Jesus was dying he said Eli Eli... My Lord, My Lord...

He was calling himself again right?

"All authority in heaven and earth have been given to me" by who? By himself!

My father is greater than I.

Why did Jesus always say "my father"?

Our father who is in heaven...

Father was never on earth but in heaven!

So how is Jesus same as father again?

I see you know the letters of the scriptures but not the Spirit, not even its Author. The letter (head knowledge) kills but the spirit gives life - 2 Cor. 3:6

John 8:18, 23-27 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me....
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

He is the One who had been prophesied of long ago by the prophets. Now he had come and people like you still doubt him. What do you want God to do now? What do you even believe about God or you want to just keep going back and forth?

He said it himself that he is come that we might have life and have it more abundantly;

that he lay down his life for his sheep;

that he has power to lay it down and to take it up;

that he is the way, the truth and the life;

that whosoever has seen him has seen the Father;

that he is in the Father and the Father in him;

that if we ask anything in his name, HE [himself] will do it [imagine such authority and power] that the Father may be glorified in the Son
(John 10:10-18, ch 14:1-14)

He is one with the Father and like fire anywhere, you will always find the other entities together (luminosity, heat, form) except it is subdued/limited: ray of light shielded from view, heat contained in an enclosure. In that limited way as a man did he come to this earth, not in the fulness of the brightness of his glory.

Do you understand that God is omnipresent? He is not limited to being in one place like man. Does He not fill the heaven and the earth? Do you think He only attends to one or a few things/persons at a time like man or how else is He overseeing/ruling billions of His creation?

Only when he was in the flesh (physical body) as a man was that part of him limited in movement, knowledge, physical power, etc but in the fulness of His glory, He is unlimited.

When he was to be arrested by the Jews through Judas betrayal that he knew about, he could have prayed and have legions of angels come to his aid but how then would the scriptures be fulfilled that thus it must be? (Matt. 26:53-56). God has a purpose for what He does. What He has caused to be prophesied and be written MUST be fulfilled. We may not fully understand it yet.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by phantom24: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:
Obey the commandments....

Jesus never said we should accept him as personal Lord and savior.
you're not suppose to be here.
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by Paulianfa(m): 12:12am On Jan 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
And God shows love by watching while the world runs mad.

Ten infants died he was watching

Plane crashed he was watching

Pastors kidnapped and beheaded he was watching
Even after 21 days fast grin grin grin

Boko Haram running amok he's still watching.

Anyway he's imaginary so no need grin grin

but heaven and hell fire are real
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by AnI77: 4:35am On Jan 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
And God shows love by watching while the world runs mad.

Ten infants died he was watching

Plane crashed he was watching

Pastors kidnapped and beheaded he was watching
Even after 21 days fast grin grin grin

Boko Haram running amok he's still watching.

Anyway he's imaginary so no need grin grin

Uphambene wena = You are crazy!
Re: Six Ways To Express Love For God by AntiChristian: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
phantom24:
you're not suppose to be here.

Why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Religious Countries In The World / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? / Let's Identify The Ways Satan Fight Christian Faith And Profer Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.