Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Poor Elderly People Prayers.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poor Elderly People Prayers.. (194 Views)

Elderly Man Weds Little Girl In Northern Nigeria (Photo) / How I Stop Greeting The Elderly People Especially Women Irrespective On Age / Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Elderly People Prayers.. by fineboynl(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
it's very difficult or let say unlikely to see the rich elderly people praying for a stranger in respective of any deed. unlike the poor elderly people who might find themselves is miserable conditions and their children nitwits or unsuccessful with life and their endeavors.

it's very irritating when they want to lia their hands on your head showering prayers for whatever deed.

it's not about being proud or whatever. but if their prayers could change things or have effect it would have started from their life and children.
Re: Poor Elderly People Prayers.. by Garrieveryday: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
So what is your point?

2 Likes

Re: Poor Elderly People Prayers.. by fineboynl(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
Garrieveryday:
So what is your point?
it's better they keep it to themselves.
Re: Poor Elderly People Prayers.. by okirewaju(f): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
I guess it's their way of showing appreciation.

Most of them are like that due to poor decision making in life earlier on.

I actually look forward to their prayers.
Have you ever paid t-fare for an elderly person or paid their medical bills or paid for their items at the market or just knock their door randomly and drop foodstuffs and he/she begin to shower you with prayers and even give some dance steps or sing in languages you don't even understand?

The look on their faces is priceless.
I wish I could do more.
I find it fufilling carrying out charitable act to someone that can never repay me.

Laying hands on the head, you can politely tell them to hold your hands.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dna Natters / An Experiencd School Bus Driver Urgently Needed At Ilupeju, Lagos / Please I Need Airtime For Emergency Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.