Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy (24839 Views)

Petrol Price May Hit ₦190 As Oil Nears $60 / Petrol Price May Hit N180 As Oil Nears $50 / RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by RealEzee(m): 7:55am On Jan 11, 2021
meobizy:
They should do whatever they want. It doesn't concern me. So far I'm employed I can afford fuel even if it's 13,000 naira per litre.
my sisterr that's a wrong approach, e suppose gel for the larger number, if not those who no get go pounce on those way get at an alarming rate, the real insecurity go start gbam, let's think about the next man at times
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Brushstrokes20: 8:01am On Jan 11, 2021
The shithole is cursed with useless bunch of self serving thieves and sadistic Tyrants in the corridors of power!

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Respect55(m): 8:03am On Jan 11, 2021
Eriggs:
coming from d number supporter of d corrupt party of thieves that were in power for 16 years without building just one refinery.
I wonder how you wailers still have the mouth to talk after the evil looting you did to Nigeria.
Leave this kind of talk for genuine and good Nigerians,
Who meant well for the nation.
Government and Nigerians will take those ones more serious, not pained losers and wailers.

You are pained cos d thieves u support are no more in power to loot, not that you care for the common man on the streets.
You pdp supporters, supporters of thieves should all go and bury ur heads in shame.

You are a good Nigeria.
People like you are who will need for naija to move forward.
Unbiased peeson you are,
not like other pained losers quoting me to wail.
Corrupt thieves
You are just pathetic. WHO are the APC members? Are they not mostly formal PDP members?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Achizzy7: 8:08am On Jan 11, 2021
Even if we shout from now til next year dis govt wil do wat eva dy like...

Sum1 told me dis in 2017; "if u tink dis kon3 has plans for u...den u r a fool"

Now i knw !!!

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by ransomed: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2021
Another opportunity to siphon our commonwealth.
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by tillaman(m): 8:15am On Jan 11, 2021
We are waiting
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Mpanyi: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2021
If refineries are working we will not be talking about all this. We will not be talking about buying the finished product of our crude oil in this case PMS with dollars from the international market. Who do us this?
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Owologbo(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2021
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by lamentor78(m): 8:25am On Jan 11, 2021
APC is a party of destruction, they deceived the whole Nigeria and calling PDP names making us believe that they are the best.....not knowing the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Godbless3(m): 8:31am On Jan 11, 2021
Them want loot pension money.
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2021
Nigerians are the best critics and the worst problem solvers.

Reintroduce subsidy; dem go shout.
Commot hand, make market price prevail; dem go hala.
Sell refinery to those wey go revive am; dem go yell.
Take loan to repair refinery; dem go scream.
Do nothing; dem go wail.
Invite them to profer solution; dem go run say no be deir problem.

Nigerians dem dey taya pesin no be small. Na to shave head pull cloth dem Sabi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Zenithpeak(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2021
Subsidy or no subsidy Nigerians are in trouble........

This government is proverbial unprofitable and unfaithful servants..... When the Brent crude price in international market dwindled, their narratives then was government is not making enough money to cater for the needs of her people hence, the need for removal of fuel subsidy and the market force will drive the petroleum sector of the economy and blah... blah.... blah...

We all hope that the increase in crude oil in the global market will bring about positive impact on the economy..... Government is expected to make more money and equitable balance of trade while we enjoy the effect of market forces driven economy..... Unfortunately we are all wrong. (Though, I never and will never believe them on anything)

I don't understand them at all.... When the price of the product was low they increased the pump price, now that the price has jacked up which should be a positive news for oil exporting countries, it is also a curse for Nigerians... They still have to pay more...

APC= BACKWARD EVER FORWARD NEVER...

2 Likes

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Elxandre(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2021
meobizy:
They should do whatever they want. It doesn't concern me. So far I'm employed I can afford fuel even if it's 13,000 naira per litre.
No you can't lol

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Mrquote: 9:03am On Jan 11, 2021
Eriggs:
coming from d number supporter of d corrupt party of thieves that were in power for 16 years without building just one refinery.
I wonder how you wailers still have the mouth to talk after the evil looting you did to Nigeria.
Government and Nigerians will take those ones more serious, not pained losers and wailers.

You are pained cos d thieves u support are no more in power to loot, not that you care for the common man on the streets.
You pdp supporters, supporters of thieves should all go and bury ur heads in shame.

You are a good Nigeria.
Unbiased peeson you are,
Corrupt thieves
Did he say his a PDP support or you believe anybody that say bad things about this your government an opposition?

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by hotseat: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2021
In Nigeria, election campaign promises/manifestoes are as worthless as the pieces of paper they are written on.

They are written in beautiful prose just to hoodwink the electorates to get their votes.

They are just empty promises meant to be broken shamelessly.

They promised to revamp and revitalize existing refineries. They promised to build four refineries. Six years down the line, not even one has been built.

Nigeria has no business importing refined petroleum products if we are really a serious minded country.
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:26am On Jan 11, 2021
Eriggs:

You are a good Nigeria.
Unbiased peeson you are,
Corrupt thieves

But the 6 years of looting in this administration so far has overtaken the 16 years of ur acclaimed corruption govt of the former administration. When I looked at the development stride in Abuja, Lagos, Portharcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Delta etc within the 16 yrs of PDP, with our international status and what's going on now, I weep.

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:27am On Jan 11, 2021
Kingspin:
The most confusing government on earth.
Keep increasing and increasing without any backup policy to alleviate the hardship that fellow.

Bunch of crowns without any atom of 1plus 1 in them.
The economic circle of this government is zero.
They will end up not improving anything after 8 years. The signs are there.

Clowns not crowns
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by obailala(m): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2021
Raph3177:
What I will never find sense with is why the increase of crude oil price equals to increment of Petrol pump price for Nigerians. This only means if crude oil price gets back to around 100 dollar per barrel Nigerians will be paying up to 250 naira per liter I can never find sense with this even if the world most brilliant person comes to explain to me.
The logic behind the pump price increase is quite simple and straightforward. The only reason anyone (at least educated) wouldnt understand it is because they intentionally refuse to understand it.

Nigeria buys its petroleum products from overseas with dollar$ and 2 things mainly determine the cost of that product in Nigeria - crude price and exchange rate. If crude (raw material) price increases, the cost at which the foreign sellers sell it to us will increase, and that would mean an increase in the final selling cost to Nigerians. Likewise, if exchange rate increases (i.e. Naira devalue drops), even if crude price in dollar$ remains the same, the increase in official exchange rate means an increase in final pump price of the products on the street. So yes, with exchange rate currently at over N400/$, if crude price jumps to $100, pump price may hit up to N250.

In the last few months, the exchange rate has increased (because of the lack of forex caused by covid palaver) and in the last few weeks, global crude prices has also increased. What that translates to is an inherent increase in pump price. The fact that an increase in pump prices hasn't been announced yet means that the govt is still bearing the price difference occasioned by the recent increase in crude price (in otherwords, govt is subsidising).

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Okoroawusa: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2021
Akuko... fuel subsidy is gone and gone for ever
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Okoroawusa: 9:44am On Jan 11, 2021
obailala:
The logic behind the pump price increase is quite simple and straightforward. The only reason anyone (at least educated) wouldnt understand it is because they intentionally refuse to understand it.

Nigeria buys products from overseas and things mainly determine the cost of that product in Nigeria - crude price and exchange rate. If crude (raw material) price increases, the cost at which the foreign sellers sell it will increase, and that would mean an increase in the final selling cost to Nigerians. Likewise, if exchange rate increases (i.e. Naira devalue drops), even if crude price in $ remains the same, the increase in official exchange rate means an increase in final pump price of the products on the street. So yes, with exchange rate currently at over N400/$, if crude price jumps to $100, pump price may hit up to N250.

In the last few months, the exchange rate has increased and in the last few weeks, global crude prices has increased. What that translates to is an inherent increase in pump price. The fact that an increase in pump prices hasn't been announced yet means that the govt is still bearing the price difference occasioned by the recent increase in crude price (in otherwords, govt is subsidising).
You go school. Simple explanation that even a lay man can understand. You must be a teacher.
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Duridadi: 9:47am On Jan 11, 2021
Buharidgeneral:
No functioning refinery after 6 yrs of APC administration.

Build working refinery then remove fuel subsidy. Chikena
.... And how many refineries were built during the 16 years of PDP administration undecided undecided undecided

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by COMPAQ(m): 9:57am On Jan 11, 2021
FG doesn't have the balls to do what has needed to be done. When FG was making noise about deregulation when crude was $30, didn't it have a plan for when crude would be $55 and above?

Just shows how thinkless they are. If it had been a private company, there should already be a communication and implementation plan to cover all scenarios. But the idiots are caught flat footed as usual.
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by obailala(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2021
Okoroawusa:

You go school. Simple explanation that even a lay man can understand. You must be a teacher.
I swear the matter dey tire me whenever I read comments from people asking 'why pump price is increasing'. Someone on this thread even asked why pump price should be increasing after govt claims to have deregulated and stopped subsidy payments. When you read those kind of comments, it just gives you an idea why Nigeria is the way it is.

When I open threads like this, I expect discussions to be centred on what the best solutions to the current problem is or should be; but instead, the threads are always filled with people who dont even have a slight understanding of what the issue, throwing insults at each other and at govt.

The govt itself is to be blamed though, instead of employing sound minds to handle media and publicity to educate the public on simple things like this, they keep appointing imbeciles and degenerates whose only past time is to attack and insult even genuinely concerned Nigerians who ask questions online.

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by AustineJohn908(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2021
Eriggs:

You are a good Nigeria.
Unbiased peeson you are,
Corrupt thieves
Bro have you taken your mental drug? Remember your mom told me to tell you not to forget to take your drugs?

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Coronavirus1: 10:06am On Jan 11, 2021
Eriggs:

You are a good Nigeria.
Unbiased peeson you are,
Corrupt thieves
Apc government the worse thing that happens to Nigeria after 6 years they could not fix anything you are still talking about pdp 16 years in power if Apc spends 16 years in power Nigeria will not exist every one will turn beger
16 years of pdp rule is better than 6 years of Apc rule.

1 Like

Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by philip2014(m): 10:10am On Jan 11, 2021
At least we don try unna messiah now, abeg let's go back to the pdp/corrupt nigeria that was better for the masses.
Apc has performed woefully in evert point they abused pdp for.
Bring back Nigeria
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by jadyclem(m): 10:11am On Jan 11, 2021
surgical:
Na now you get am , that is the how the evil leaders in their myopic thinking,think they can profit
They are not interested in a win win situation for the country
Very wicked leaders
The thing dey really pain person! When d price dey down, all their song na price is down and dey increased fuel price using subsidy removal as defence. Now price don dey go up and their new song now na subsidy reintroduction. When this country go take favour us the common people?
Re: Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy by Kingspin(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Clowns not crowns
Thanks.
Didn't bother to check back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Chadian Army Helicopters Bomb Boko Haram Locations In Nigeria / Investigate How Ekweremadu Acquired 32 Choice Properties" - Umezulike / Police Detain Solomon Emmanuel Akuma For Criticising Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.