Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,063 members, 7,953,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

As A Pastor, Can I Marry A Club Girl That I Love? Can I Change Her? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / As A Pastor, Can I Marry A Club Girl That I Love? Can I Change Her? (151 Views)

Three Things I Love About Nairaland / I Love Seeing Graphic Images, Am I Normal? / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As A Pastor, Can I Marry A Club Girl That I Love? Can I Change Her? by gabbijason(m): 7:53am On Jan 11, 2021
Growing up as a little boy, our anchor scripture today was one of the most frequently quoted scripture use to discourage us from keeping companies with friends who possess suspicious and bad characters; with the warning that they could corrupt our Christian values and lead us astray.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

What those it mean to be unequally yoked and why does the Bible discourage us from such practice?

In Bible days,  A yoke was a wooden bar that joins two oxen to each other and to the load they carry. An unequal yoke would mean having a stronger or taller ox been tied to a much weaker or shorter ox. Having an unequal yoke is quite inefficient as the weaker ox walks much slower than the stronger ox and this will lead to set back and bad performance by the duo.

God expects His Kids to be equally yoked in every area of their lives including marriage, social intimacy.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

In Marriage for example, unbelievers tend to differ in viewpoint to issues like premarital sex, morals. while it isn't a sin to marry an unbeliever, it is unhealthy as it might lead the believer to compromising situations which will lead to sin. For example, Abortion is sin before God but your unbelieving spouse may see nothing wrong with it. Also raising children in such a "mixed faith" family will lead to confusion and an epileptic growth in knowledge and practise of the Christian faith.
Refuse to be yoked with people who will decrease your faith in God, Your contact with them should be to show them the Love of Jesus, with the intention to impact their lives with the Gospel of Christ.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, Help me live for you, help me in my choices of relationships that can me sustain my faith and practise of word.Amen.

Culled from Rhemadaily by Yhuki Peters @yhuki_omo_oba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Pastor, Can I Marry A Club Girl That I Love? Can I Change Her? by TANID(m): 8:29am On Jan 11, 2021
Re: As A Pastor, Can I Marry A Club Girl That I Love? Can I Change Her? by gabbijason(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2021
For more questions and information about Mentorship.
Follow Yhuki Peters @yhuki_omo_oba

(1) (Reply)

Come+all Powerful Spiritual Herbalist.for Progress CALL +2349069410545 / Man And His Friends Flog Cheating Girlfriend Mercilessly / We Need Direct 30 Tons Truck Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.