Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince (1745 Views)

He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car. / Lexus ES300 Maintaince Tips / Advice Me On What To Watch Out For When Buying Acura MDX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by Bill1459: 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Please house, who know about this car, how strong, reliable and maintenance of this car?

Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by diportivo: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Bill1459:
Please house, who know about this car, how strong, reliable and maintenance of this car?

u go buy gear laslas
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by Bill1459: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Serious?
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by babyboy4every1: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ask him how many mdx he has used so far and hiw many gears he has changed. Saying what you don't know about cars. Ask hin what car you should buy, he would tell you Toyota or lexus . Don't mind him, the car is strong and reliable. He's a little bit expensive to maintain as it's a luxury car.

9 Likes

Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by axponline: 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
Even in the US, everyone knows Acura MDX has transmission issues. There are some people on their 2nd or 3rd transmission
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by diportivo: 7:44am On Jan 12, 2021
axponline:
Even in the US, everyone knows Acura MDX has transmission issues. There are some people on their 2nd or 3rd transmission

don't mind that novice grin
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by 9icetoo(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2021
axponline:
Rephrase. This model of Acura mdx. Not all of them. The 2nd and 3rd generation do not have transmission issues.
190k miles on the 2nd gen and still pulls like a bull. Same engine and trans.

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by xristos(m): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2021
Bill1459:

there may be a particular issue based on what year...check online.
all cars have their issues shen u check reviews.
but generally...u wont regret driving an acura.
just make sure its oK before buy or minor issues
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by Privatepart00: 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
Bill1459:

I keep hearing it has transmission issues
I drive 2001 model of the MDX
I haven’t experienced any transmission issue whatsoever
I am the third person driving the vehicle and still hasn’t experienced anything yet.
The MDX has been on the road since Dec 2012 till date.
While the RDX has been on the road since August 2014 till date.

8 Likes

Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by Uhreme: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
I honestly love this car
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by Uhreme: 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2022
Privatepart00:

I keep hearing it has transmission issues
I drive 2001 model of the MDX
I haven’t experienced any transmission issue whatsoever
I am the third person driving the vehicle and still hasn’t experienced anything yet.
The MDX has been on the road since Dec 2012 till date.
While the RDX has been on the road since August 2014 till date.

Thanks for the comments. When mechanics are incompetent, they blame it on the car.
I am looking to get 2009 MDX my drawback is that it requires premium fuel. We don't have premium fuel here in Nigeria but I need feedback from individual who drove the 2nd gen (2007-2013) here in Nigeria if the regular fuel we have will not affect the engine I am not a fan of octane boosters as there are fake all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
Uhreme:

Thanks for the comments. When mechanics are incompetent, they blame it on the car.
I am looking to get 2009 MDX my drawback is that it requires premium fuel. We don't have premium fuel here in Nigeria but I need feedback from individual who drove the 2nd gen (2007-2013) here in Nigeria if the regular fuel we have will not affect the engine I am not a fan of octane boosters as there are fake all over the place.
order from radautoworks
Re: Advice On Buying Acura MDX Performance And Maintaince by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Bill1459:
I don't know about mdx but I drive the TL and she's been a joy to me for 2 and half years. No problems that can't be handled, always start. It has never disappointed me. I have heard many say that Acura requires premium fuel. I've always used the regular fuel on my car and it doesn't cough. Premium fuel and Acura is just fallacy.
I know it was probably stated somewhere that you should use premium fuel but I don't think it's a most.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla(bank Type)for Sale / Tinted Glass Ban Comes To Lagos Next Week / Realibility Of 2005 Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.