Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' (37335 Views)

Donald Trump's Twitter Account Has Been Restored / Elon Musk Would Reverse Donald Trump's Twitter Ban / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by traihit: 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
JoeEeL:
Even on YouTube. I don't know what I must have said or when and how.

During the #EndSARS protest, I remember making comments about the Nigerian government and how they are aides-and-abettors to terrorism in this useless country.

On some other channels, I remember commenting that Britain were hypocrites that would be doing nonsense censoring and panel setups when they fully know that the lumping of Northern and Southern protectorates -- a crime against humanity -- just for their selfish benefits, purposely handed the Fulani Jihadists the necessary leeway which has led to serious laying of waste to vast swathes of lands and genocide across the Middle Belt, particularly Jos, and its environs.

On some other channels, I educated some of the commenters on what Fulani herdsmen / terrorism truly is. How they were part and parcel of an ethic militia called Janjawid, responsible for the Darfur war, a genocide actually, that claimed the lives of about 400,000 Sudanese. And how many of these monsters form a part of the Nigerian Army.

I never called anyone a fool, I never insulted any commenter to the best of my memory.

One day I woke up and my Youtube account was gone. Gone completely. I got that seriously annoying silly message on my computer : "You cannot access a Google product".

Ever since I have been careful on Youtube with my 2nd account. I can't say my mind again. If Boko Haram or Fulani herdsmen kill people in Oke Ogun or Saki in Oyo, or slice their ears off, I cannot say FEM on Youtube o. They wouldn't even let me know the particular comment it is that made one's account to be flagged.

I'm not a Trump fan; never was. But mehn, the overzealous political correctness by the West as we're witnessing today is becoming sickening!

One of the reasons I support Jordan Peterson's stance on political correctness. It is just like the biblical whited sepuchres beautiful on the outside but full of dead men's bones on the inside.
Feminism, liberal idea of equality as against equity etc are all part of Neo-marxism. On the surface, it is the ideal thing the world is in need of but should we continue like this, even the freedom of speech that the liberals have enjoyed for a longtime will become difficult to express in the future. Only time will tell but honestly, without regulation, no human ideology about government and nature of the society is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Private company or not, Twitter goofed on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by DarkJeddi(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
abbey621:

They are still governed by the U.S Consittution just like any other business. Lawsuits can challenge their ban system and people can even sue for discrimination or favoritism. The problem with trump is that he absolutely deserves it, man dey run him mouth like tap water grin.
If you sign up for any Social Media,you agreed to their terms and conditions,not the US Constitution..
You can't sue them for breach of your freedom of speech.. shocked
As Nairaland dey now,if they ban you,can you take them to court?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by JoeEeL(m): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
traihit:

One of the reasons I support Jordan Peterson's stance on political correctness. It is just like the biblical whited sepuchres beautiful on the outside but full of dead men's bones on the inside.
Feminism, liberal idea of equality as against equity etc are all part of Neo-marxism. On the surface, it is the ideal thing the world is in need of but should we continue like this, even the freedom of speech that the liberals have enjoyed for a longtime will become difficult to express in the future. Only time will tell but honestly, without regulation, no human ideology about government and nature of the society is perfect.

I tell u
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by oloyedewaris(m): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hongkog:
Pure truth.
The democrats used Twitter and Facebook to Influence the elections, they're going to pay for it .

If the President's account can be banned then we're not safe. Anytime we say something that Jack or Mark Zurg ain't okay with they can sensor us without a second thought.

For those who don't believe that the ILLUMINATI exist what happened in the US should make you understand that they control all the Big companies and are everywhere. All the popular social media can't barn 1 person for some false accusation except for the fact that everything is engineered by the illuminati, truth be told trump didn't encourage any violence. Anyways God will not let his servant see disgrace. CALAMITY WILL SURELY OVERTAKE THE WICKED AND THOSE WHO HATE THE RIGHTEOUS WILL BE PUNISHED.
Wailing � Igbos
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by BruncleZuma: 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
See them, awon analysts...Twitter is a private business with terms and conditions, if your brain dey pain you no read...just dey post rubbish for Nairaland see if mods no go clamp you.

#FreedomOfSpeechMyAss

2 Likes

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by abbey621(m): 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
DarkJeddi:

If you sign up for any Social Media,you agreed to their terms and conditions,not the US Constitution..
You can't sue them for breach of your freedom of speech.. shocked
As Nairaland dey now,if they ban you,can you take them to court?

You're wrong! The same principle that applies to physical businesses applies to social media companies as well. I'm an auditor and also live in the USA. We have over 5 different laws and regulations that these companies must abide by when it comes to bill of rights/the Constitution. Agrreeing with terms and conditions does not give them unilateral rights to behave like God!
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
Trump lost the elections and then because he is such a sore loser, incited violence. His ban on social media is justified.
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by EgunMogaji2: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
Banning him from a private social network is something I support wholeheartedly.

Good riddance to rubbish I say.

1 Like

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by DarkJeddi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
abbey621:

You're wrong! The same principle that applies to physical businesses applies to social media companies as well. I'm an auditor and also live in the USA. We have over 5 different laws and regulations that these companies must abide by when it comes to bill of rights/the Constitution. Agrreeing with terms and conditions does not give them unilateral rights to behave like God!
If you have a problem with their terms and conditions ab initio or if it in any way contradicts or go foul of the law then you have a right to sue them and have said regulations trashed..
But if you agree to their terms and conditions AND clearly run foul of the said regulations,then it is within their right to ban you..
And you can't plead freedom of expression..
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
George Orwell 1984 comes to mind. Where Big brother controls everything
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by elijahkayode(m): 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
paulolee:
very funny...people would still claim tweeter is scared of trump assuming they allow those tweets slide..

As head of state you have every right to fear him
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by hotseat: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
@Twitter and others are right to ban anyone who uses their platform to foment trouble or any action capable of bringing about chaos and complete breakdown of law and order.

They are private companies with their terms and conditions which users agree to abide by during registration/subscription.

No one is forced to use these platforms.

Warnings are usually issued when the terms and conditions are breached. Further breaches usually result in temporary or permanent suspension.

Trump can use state radio and television to say whatever he wishes to communicate to the American public and no big tech company can sanction him using those platforms.

Even radio and television have rules guiding their operations.
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Zeeknow3245(m): 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Originalsly:

What if Hitler were alive .... do you think it would be OK to allow him to use these platforms to deliver his messages?
The reason why he was banned is clear.... should he be allowed to use these platforms to incite insurrection/violence?
Rwanda .... wasn't it this same level of free speech that incited the blood bath?

Twitter... Facebook etc have their policy and rules... same as Nairaland... if you can't abide by the rules then find somewhere else. Must he be on Twitter?...or Facebook?
Being president doesn't make him above laws or rules.

I had quote you. Don't talk like you care about violence. Hitler was wicked and the Kristanallacht was deadly compared to the capitol hill Attack. Read George Orwell's 1984.
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Adakintroy: 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
In the end trump made only one fatal mistake.

He mentioned the name "Jesus in the capitol.

Don't think I came to make peace he said. I came to set the sons against the fathers and the fathers against the sons.

We that support him know he is not perfect but there is something the devil's of the left dont want the world to witheness.

Now you know trump is not the all Power. Their are things out there worst than trump.

They are not after him. They are after you. Yes you. He was just getting in their way.
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by abbey621(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
DarkJeddi:
If you have a problem with their terms and conditions ab initio or if it in any way contradicts or go foul of the law then you have a right to sue them and have said regulations trashed..
But if you agree to their terms and conditions AND clearly run foul of the said regulations,then it is within their right to ban you..

True! The right to sue will always exist because terms and conditions can be interpreted differently depending on which legal system and representation you use. For example, in business law, we were taught that if a company fail to apply their terms and conditions equally without favoritism, a case can be brought against the company. If Trump really wanted to pursue this issue, all he has to do is show that Twitter failed to impose the same punishment on a number of acounts and show a pattern of favoritism or discrimination. Such a case has been brought against Facebook in the past and they were made to pay financial compensation.
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Minjim: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
Now ,I think she has a very valid point here.

It's the president we are talking about here not just some random dude.

The authority to do that should have been a parliamentary act. Especially when Twitter has its origin in the US .
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Valkrie: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hongkog:
Pure truth.
The democrats used Twitter and Facebook to Influence the elections, they're going to pay for it .

If the President's account can be banned then we're not safe. Anytime we say something that Jack or Mark Zurg ain't okay with they can sensor us without a second thought.

For those who don't believe that the ILLUMINATI exist what happened in the US should make you understand that they control all the Big companies and are everywhere. All the popular social media can't barn 1 person for some false accusation except for the fact that everything is engineered by the illuminati, truth be told trump didn't encourage any violence. Anyways God will not let his servant see disgrace. CALAMITY WILL SURELY OVERTAKE THE WICKED AND THOSE WHO HATE THE RIGHTEOUS WILL BE PUNISHED.

Is that not what is happening here on nairaland too..? When you write or comment about something they don't like they quickly remove it and ban you...it has been happening and not new...!!
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Minjim: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
DarkJeddi:

But its the president we are talking about here not just some random dude. Trump has over 60m followers and if his account is tantamount to an issue of National Security
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by lagosrd: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hongkog:
Pure truth.

Very terrible set if people. Anything democrats are devilish. They are always tagging Donald trump post as fake and untrue. They suck

2 Likes

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Pls how can i buy twitter stock from naija?
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by udumelue61854: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
How come a man like this became president of any country?

1 Like

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by PHijo(m): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ricky97:
Trump is a racist and he deserves all been thrown at him

Since Joe is a racist would he deserve the same treatment too?

Why are you Africans so obsessed with racism? Do you even treat yourselves better than anyone else in the world does?
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Hongkog(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
GodWrites:

You sound dumb

Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by emae009(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
Minjim:

But its the president we are talking about here not just some random dude. Trump has over 60m followers and if his account is tantamount to an issue of National Security

the account of the President of the United States is @POTUS. it's still live. It's Donald Trump personal account that was banned. The banned only v
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by emae009(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
Minjim:

the account of the President of the United States is @POTUS. it's still live. It's Donald Trump personal account that was banned. First the account was suspended for 12hrs and he was asked to remove 3 tweets that incite violence which led to the attack on the Capitol. Then he was warned that future violation will lead to permanent ban. First tweet after getting his access back was to insinuate that it's not over that this is just the beginning hence there permanent ban!
Before coming for Twitter, sit down and think this through. The President passively aided an attack on the Capitol (Seat of American Democracy) while Congress was in session. if those guys were armed, the situation would have amount to treason. Just think it through, the Executive attacking the Legislative arm of Government in a Democracy. Someone had to be held responsible
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by GhostWisperer: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
Liberals are all about emotions, sentiments and feelings. They don't care about laws, precedents, science, logic or facts.

Liberals are a curse to the world!!!
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Coinbased: 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by just2endowed: 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
They should have ban him from posting till further notice, not banning him completely
Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by Goldmaxx(f): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
Witchersunited:
Twitter is a private company with rules.
but protected by section 230 of a law passed by the US government giving them coverage as they are not editors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties / Journalist Removes Her Top While Interviewing Mayor / Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.