Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,317 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Are HTML SVGs Important. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are HTML SVGs Important. (388 Views)

Html And Css Wahala / Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are HTML SVGs Important. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
I've been just thinking about SVGs.
Are they really deployed in practical web projects?
Considering how technical it is to achieve the most basic of graphics.
For the web programers.
Like has anyone actually done a project where they had to make extensive use of SVGs for any purpose?

Re: Are HTML SVGs Important. by Karleb(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
SVGs are very very important.

They are good alternatives to icons. You don't need a CDN to use them.

They are also normal html tags. Which means, you can style them directly, you can also easily manipulate them via js directly.

When you need to create certain page curves, SVG is easily the answer.

1 Like

Re: Are HTML SVGs Important. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Karleb:
SVGs are very very important.

They are good alternatives to icons. You don't need a CDN to use them.

They are also normal html tags. Which means, you can style them directly, you can also easily manipulate them via js directly.

When you need to create certain page curves, SVG is easily the answer.

Wow wow wow.
Thanks for that.
I really thought svg was an obsolete attribute that would be depreciated in no time cry
Guess that changes things.
Re: Are HTML SVGs Important. by Unbiased1: 11:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Rgade:
I've been just thinking about SVGs.
Are they really deployed in practical web projects?
Considering how technical it is to achieve the most basic of graphics.
For the web programers.
Like has anyone actually done a project where they had to make extensive use of SVGs for any purpose?

Knowledge of SVG can be helpful especially when you need to design your own icons but, SVG is hardly used to be honest. With the introduction of bootstrap and other frameworks and libraries like bootstrap, you might not need to use SVG for anything at all. I advice you just glance through SVG just to have an idea of what it is and then move to HTML5 Canvas which is more interesting and can be used to design and animate 2d effects and even create 2d games.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are HTML SVGs Important. by cixak95211: 3:13am On Jan 12, 2021
svg stands for "scalable vector graphics" which means they can be scaled to any dimension (width x height, screen size) without loss of quality.
png jpeg and the rest will become blurry when you scale them
svgs on the other hand will never and will remain as sharp it looks on a phone all the way up to a 125" 4k screen
they get painted along with html, so the UX is better as against waiting for images to download, and see an alt text or worse still, an empty box where the image will reside.

(1) (Reply)

Basic Termux Cd's&tools / I Need A Php Backend Developer Urgently / I,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.