Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media (506 Views)

Harry And Meghan Angry As Their Kids, Archie And Lillibet Won't Get HRH Titles / Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by Kingspin(m): 4:14am On Jan 12, 2021
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have quit social media after growing disillusioned by the “hate” they have found on sites like Facebook and Twitter, a UK newspaper reported on Sunday.

The couple were rejecting social media in both a personal and professional capacity as part of their new “progressive role” in the United States, the Sunday Times said.

A source close to the couple told the newspaper they had “no plans” to use social media for their new Archewell Foundation and were “very unlikely” to restart utilising platforms personally.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who moved to California last year after abruptly resigning from British royal duties, have previously had prominent presences online.

They amassed more than 10 million Instagram followers to their Sussex Royal account while they were working royals.

But the couple have also previously complained about their treatment on social media, as well as in the British press.

Meghan described past trolling of her as “almost unsurvivable” while Harry issued an unprecedented statement in 2016 denouncing “the racial undertones of comment pieces” and “the sexism and racism of social media trolls”.

Last year they launched a wide-ranging non-profit organisation, Archewell, after giving up their “Sussex Royal” brand as part of the terms of their departure from frontline monarchy duties.

They have started other creative ventures, including signing a deal with Spotify to produce podcasts that tell “uplifting and entertaining stories”.

The couple also signed a multi-year contract, reportedly worth tens of millions of dollars, with streaming giant Netflix to produce “impactful” films and series.

Meanwhile, Markle, a former television actress, narrated a wildlife documentary on Disney+ in 2020.
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/01/11/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-quit-social-media/?fbclid=IwAR2vHbSmNZHAPtWW2BLjBnZuYyj2_Zt6zlfYf44b9iP-gfEAG2X2NwKC630
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by fernandoc(m): 4:26am On Jan 12, 2021
To be honest I wish we can go back to the way the world was before social media.
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by lkillbrokehoes: 4:36am On Jan 12, 2021
Whatever makes them happy
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:11am On Jan 12, 2021
fernandoc:
To be honest I wish we can go back to the way the world was before social media.

Na you go feed all the people wey dey currently make money and game on the Social media?
All the people wey done win give away how dem for take win am?
All the people wey done get information on how to Jakpa, how to get job, how to cook food, how to please their spouse, how to understand things their lecturers couldn't explain well for them. How would they have done all these.
Sometimes I think you people just say things to sound woke or trendy and not because you truly mean it

Do you know how important WhatsApp groups are to class rooms or classmates with the easily dissemination of information it gives, imagine sending information to an entire department or entire uni without social media, course rep go dey call everybody one by one.or bulk SMS.

Social media has come to stay, if it wasn't so useful it wouldn't last this long and many people including you won't be on it.

Social media has given me small cash, I've done Social media marketing, social media event coverage and made small money

B.M, Nedu, and many more have made thousands of not millions from it.
Our musicians have their music spread far and wide using S.M

Many long distance marriages happen and last longer thanks to social media

The benefits FARRRRR out weigh the disadvantages.
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by YoonSung78: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2021
Lolz, social media pays me, I can never quit smiley
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 12, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Na you go feed all the people wey dey currently make money and game on the Social media?
All the people wey done win give away how dem for take win am?
All the people wey done get information on how to Jakpa, how to get job, how to cook food, how to please their spouse, how to understand things their lecturers couldn't explain well for them. How would they have done all these.
Sometimes I think you people just say things to sound woke or trendy and not because you truly mean it

Do you know how important WhatsApp groups are to class rooms or classmates with the easily dissemination of information it gives, imagine sending information to an entire department or entire uni without social media, course rep go dey call everybody one by one.or bulk SMS.

Social media has come to stay, if it wasn't so useful it wouldn't last this long and many people including you won't be on it.

Social media has given me small cash, I've done Social media marketing, social media event coverage and made small money

B.M, Nedu, and many more have made thousands of not millions from it.
Our musicians have their music spread far and wide using S.M

Many long distance marriages happen and last longer thanks to social media

The benefits FARRRRR out weigh the disadvantages.

Sometimes I think people quote others here without anything meaningful to say.
Did the world end when p.o.box was used?
Let me guess , u were not born by then.
The person u quoted knows what peace of mind felt like then compared to now.
Imagine what Adesuwa goes through daily, people asking her to give Banky a child. What if they don't want one now?

Just so u know ur so called Social media only successfully amplified everything including crime.
Everyone is rich on IG but check dm they r professional beggars. Unnecessary trends to meet up with so one can belong.
Recently bone straight hair craze was amplified!
Many went on stealing spree.

Life was a lot easier without SM if u have no idea.
Without SM no one will be trolling them. They understand that that their sanity comes first hence giving up over 10m followers.
Who told u that musicians didn't make money without SM? Some beautiful music were made during those times. Who alive and in this SM age can rival MJ?
U won't understand this because u probably didn't experience the peace of being contend many years ago and having not to compete with trends.
People did well, there weren't high crime rates, everyone was sane... distractions like bobrisky n co won't constitute nuisance....the pros and cons varies and no doubts it gave jobs to many, but then it took away the sanity of Nigeria as a whole not t talk about the whole world.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2021
GayPontiff:

Sometimes I think people quote others here without anything meaningful to say.
Did the world end when p.o.box was used?
Let me guess , u were not born by then.
The person u quoted knows what peace of mind felt like then compared to now.
Imagine what Adesuwa goes through daily, people asking her to give Banky a child. What if they don't want one now?

Just so u know ur so called Social media only successfully amplified everything including crime.
Everyone is rich on IG but check dm they r professional beggars. Unnecessary trends to meet up with so one can belong.
Recently bone straight hair craze was amplified!
Many went on stealing spree.

Life was a lot easier without SM if u have no idea.
Without SM no one will be trolling them. They understand that that their sanity comes first hence giving up over 10m followers.
Who told u that musicians didn't make money without SM? Some beautiful music were made during those times. Who alive and in this SM age can rival MJ?
U won't understand this because u probably didn't experience the peace of being contend many years ago and having not to compete with trends.
People did well, there weren't high crime rates, everyone was sane... distractions like bobrisky n co won't constitute nuisance....the pros and cons varies and no doubts it gave jobs to many, but then it took away the sanity of Nigeria as a whole not t talk about the whole world.

Na only you go use the p.o box, as the world no go end why you no use p.o box reply me, why you come use Nairaland reply me abeg go sleep for gutter
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Na only you go use the p.o box, as the world no go end why you no use p.o box reply me, why you come use Nairaland reply me abeg go sleep for gutter

I know say that one pain u pass as u no sabi wetin P.O box be.
I am glad I was able to educate u.
A lot of good happened too before rascals like u were born.
Let me add one more thing SM has done...

It has given children like u the opportunity to use free basic and rant anyhow.
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by ijaw1stson: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2021
GayPontiff:

I know say that one pain u pass as u no sabi wetin P.O box be.
I am glad I was able to educate u.
A lot of good happened too before rascals like u were born.
Let me add one more thing SM has done...

It has given children like u the opportunity to use free basic and rant anyhow.

chai Baba fear God o. See as you give am tko grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by fernandoc(m): 7:00am On Jan 13, 2021
Insecure people cling to status symbols. Think of the person who isn’t particularly into music but has to have the top-of-the-line sound system or the person who wants to be seen at the most expensive restaurant in town, despite the fact that they’d much prefer a burger and fries at the local dive bar. They’re preoccupied with others’ opinions of them, even to the point of causing themselves unhappiness.

Social media has played into this insecurity, and number of followers and likes has become another status symbol. People want to know how to boost these numbers, but they neglect to form meaningful connections.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with treating yourself to something nice, but when those things become a substitute for relationships and self-esteem, then there’s a problem.
Re: Prince Harry And Wife Quit Social Media by arantess: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2021
It's good for their sanity and health

(1) (Reply)

U. S President Inauguration: Barack Obama, George Bush Arrive (PHOTOS) / Ghana Is The New Giant Of Africa / UN, Mali. France-ECOWAS Envoy Expelled From Mali - France Must GO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.