Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,986 members, 7,952,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? (2166 Views)

How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / Personalised Sms / How To Block Email Address (sender) In Windows Live/msn Hotmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by Lawnzo(m): 11:48am On Feb 06, 2006
Hey! its Lawnzo in da house kickin life 4rm lag.....buddies,iam trying to get a personalised email address here....say.....me@lawnzo.com..if u get the drift help me out....urs 4va Lawnzo grin
Re: How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by sbucareer(f): 3:13pm On Feb 07, 2006
Buy a domain name lawns.com, and create any email address out of lawns.com.  Normally Domain registry allows 2 or more email names depending if it is personal or commercial domain.

You have to check if lawnzo.com is still available to buy.  If not you can try lawnzo.inf, lawnzo.co.uk, lawnzo.fr, lawnzo.ng etc.  If .com is your primary choice you'd try another lawnzo i.e. lawnzo1.com.  When y ou buy the domain name, normally you have default 10mb space to host your HTML page(s) and default control panel to create you chosen email i.e i.am.rich.man@lawnzo.com.  If u are lucky you can get more email users like up to 10 users.

You can create/delete user and purge the email permanently or whatever you want.  You can move your domain name to another company that could help you with more emails if that is your primary goal.  That is why different host have different market strategy to promote their hosting.  All you need to move is your primary and secondary MX record.  You can find it from your control panel.  When you move it take like 72hrs to propagate.
Re: How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by layi(m): 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2006
Thats the best advise. Alternatively, you can try Yahoo. they offer personalised mail service

However i think getting website is the best bet. You'll have a website and personalised email cheaply.
Re: How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by Dewalex(m): 12:17am On Mar 01, 2006
Register your domain name, setup a mail server and pay for the hosting . Some provider do give hosting package when u register your domain name.Good luck
Re: How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by AbujaBoy(m): 7:08am On Mar 01, 2006
That is nonsense.
Get a domain name, roughly about 2K, get a linux distro (why because its preferrable with servers) get a mail server (preferrably postfix, sendmail, qmail), configure it, run it, and have a gazillion email addresses. smiley
Re: How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by sbucareer(f): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2006
f0d:
That is nonsense.
Get a domain name, roughly about 2K, get a linux distro (why because its preferrable with servers) get a mail server (preferrably postfix, sendmail, qmail), configure it, run it, and have a gazillion email addresses. 

You forgot the internet access? How do you propose he connects his unix distro to the world wide web? Best is for him to buy a domain name with at least 2-10 default email address he can configure the username to any "gazillion" usernames he wants.

Re: How Do I Get A Personalised Email Address? by charlisco(m): 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2006
I think you should try zapzone. it offer it free user@yoursite.zzn.com
http://www.zapzone.com/

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Computer Is Blocking Email Applications - Gmail, Yahoomail, Etc / ✈✳✅13inch Touchsmart & Keyboard Light Dell Inspiron 13 Core I5 2in1 Convertible / Where To Register Multilinks Modem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.