Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? (1181 Views)

10 Biggest Open-worlds In Video Game History / Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
Maybe you should think twice before you kill that innocent peasant when playing fable?  grin
Re: Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? by Dolemite(f): 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
It all comes down to 1 and 0's.
Re: Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? by Bawss1(m): 11:01am On Apr 01, 2011
My thoughts:

Even though in video games we sometimes deal with non humans it is the underlying volition (if any) that the gamer gives reign to that determines whether we have run afoul of the laws of the Creator. We are taught that the Justice of the Creator is thoroughly encompassing, that every facet of creation is covered within its operation. This does not however mean that the Creator in His Omniscience concerns Himself with every single aspect of areas that humans have an interest in like the weather, politics, sports and as this thread asks video games. . .

Still,

Video games are a form of entertainment and like other forms of entertainment there are good ones and bad ones. By bad games I do not necessarily refer to games that contain violence but games that encourage the indulgence of vices.
Re: Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? by Bawss1(m): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2011
I have to admit that the feeling of squeezing the trigger of a TAR 21 in Modern warfare in the face of a hostile or firing off a shot from an RPG at an enemy BTR is almost what I'd describe as sinful pleasure  cheesy  cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Think God Will Judge Us For Decisions We Make In Video Games? by kashmo: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^^^^ Spot on . . . Devil's Advocate grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Brand New Psp,, I Also Need The Address Of D Seller / Need A Fairly Used PS2 ASAP / Cheap DS Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.