Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives (28258 Views)

Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari / Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / Police Detain Solomon Emmanuel Akuma For Criticising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Fulcrum15: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2021
post=98001986:

But this man has proven to be better than them all, he has refused to respond to the tantrums of their bosses, the OBJs, Atikus, Fayose, Reno, FFK etc Like a true soldier he marches on with the good works, and God has been his defense.
They want to bury our darlingDaddy, they don'tknow he is a seed. wink

E sure us say dis post go disappear as soon as anytime from now.
Someone no go gree with your truth.
Nothing -ve must be said against the government proscribed terrorists group.
Dem Big Tech dem...

But it was democracy when a sitting President commanded soldiers to wipe out all the men of a certain village in Nigeria just few years ago.....and they DID!

Two characteristics of wailers : LIES AND HYPOCRISY!

South whatever,
You don't even know where you are standing this time..
You right now......
You often imply that you are a wise mind in your write up,but in truth I consider you one of the most insensitive,narcissistic, dishonest and hypocritical amongst your comrades.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by wellmax(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2021
Mynd44:

Actually he was charged to court. He has been denied bail.

Thank you

cc obi58, ArrewaDrugGang, bigiyaro, bishopkay, GhostWisperer, Toktee, Kieel, LeitaP
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Neddstark: 10:26am On Jan 13, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Because your own people are very dull

Lol, abeg make we dey dull dey go.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by AustineJohn908(m): 10:32am On Jan 13, 2021
Neddstark:

Lol, abeg make we dey dull dey go.
Lol. abi e good for una. see bro I'm not against your supporting Buhari. I , in 2015 refused to support Jonathan even when my family voted for him but Buhari has failed as much as he has done a little better just in the transportation sector
He is like a student that pass one course out of 10 and you expect us to jubilate and celebrate? haba, it not right.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Neddstark: 10:45am On Jan 13, 2021
AustineJohn908:
Lol. abi e good for una. see bro I'm not against your supporting Buhari. I , in 2015 refused to support Jonathan even when my family voted for him but Buhari has failed as much as he has done a little better just in the transportation sector
He is like a student that pass one course out of 10 and you expect us to jubilate and celebrate? haba, it not right.

Funny enough I dont even support Buhari. I am indifferent to Nigerian politicians though I dont fail to give credit where they deserve credit. Hopefully, 2023 we can get someone less insensitive economically and more solution-oriented especially to the escallating security challenges. We the people deserve way better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by AustineJohn908(m): 10:49am On Jan 13, 2021
Neddstark:

Funny enough I dont even support Buhari. I am indifferent to Nigerian politicians though I dont fail to give credit where they deserve credit. Hopefully, 2023 we can get someone less insensitive economically and more solution-oriented especially to the escallating security challenges. We the people deserve way better.
True. now then I call a cease fire between me and you.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Neddstark: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2021
AustineJohn908:
True. now then I call a cease fire between me and you.

You are welcome boss. Blessed 2021 to you.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by AustineJohn908(m): 10:53am On Jan 13, 2021
Neddstark:

You are welcome boss. Blessed 2021 to you.
You too bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by nku5: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2021
wellmax:
I saw this post earlier today on FP.
https://www.nairaland.com/6359915/police-detain-solomon-emmanuel-akuma

As expected NLders began to bash the president and DSS. Truth is that story followed from a post by Sowore on twitter. What the writer failed to mention is the real offence of Emmanuel Akuma. What did he say in criticising Buhari.

Attached here is the twitter post that got him in trouble. You think because you have freedom of speech then you can say anything? Or because you are behind a keypad, you think you cannot be traced.

This is a warning to youths especially, be careful of what you post online.

No serious country will take that post as a joke.

Emmanuel Akuma is learning an important lesson in life the hard way. Many more are already languishing in various prisons. Mind what you say online.

We have seen northerners threaten the lives of southerners on social media especially during election cycles and nobody bats an eyelid. During GEJ's admin he and his family were cursed almost everyday yet he never used DSS or the court to harrass anybody.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by braveboy64(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

HUNGRY BOY
I KNOW YOU HAVE NOT EATEN GOOD FOOD FOR DAYS
You don't know
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2021
seunmsg:

If I ever post such rubbish against my country, I deserve wherever I get. Solomon Akuma deserves every treatment he’s getting today. He will rot in jail for wishing evil against others and my country.

You should be aware that you and Solomon Akuma have equal rights of freedom of expression under the law. If you think such right should be taken from you under certain conditions, that is your business. If you want to have such constraints extended to other citizens. then I suggest you push for us to drop democracy and go for communism like in China or authoritarianism like in North Korea.
But as long as we want democracy, we should abide by it's rules instead of circumscribing the rules when someone does what we don't like.

You're the same guy who has been advocating for rotating the presidency down south which is alien to our laws actually but sounds fair to an average mind. That is freedom of thought and expression as enshrined in the constitution. Another group of citizen in a different system might accuse you of seeking to snatch power for your people through the backdoor by restraining the present occupiers of power from having another go at it simply because they don't share similar geo-political boundary with you. That sounds like treason to me not so?
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by LeitaP: 11:37am On Jan 13, 2021
Does it infinges on his fundamental human rights to be in detention for that long for that accusation. Ask yourself and answer honestly.

wellmax:

Yes it was and he was denied bail. Next
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by wellmax(m): 11:46am On Jan 13, 2021
LeitaP:
Does it infinges on his fundamental human rights to be in detention for that long for that accusation. Ask yourself and answer honestly.

The court will decide. The case is in court. Is it not within the law to deny bail if the judge feels convinced to do so?
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by wellmax(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2021
nku5:

We have seen northerners threaten the lives of southerners on social media especially during election cycles and nobody bats an eyelid. During GEJ's admin he and his family were cursed almost everyday yet he never used DSS or the court to harrass anybody.

You probably don't follow the news.
Let's even assume that all personal attacks are left to go, should we continue like that. This is a country, where your freedom stops is where others start. There is limits to what you call freedom.

How many else have been arrested for their utterances in interviews, radio , tv and social media. There must be a scape goat. �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by bishopkay: 11:59am On Jan 13, 2021
wellmax:

Thank you

cc obi58, ArrewaDrugGang, bigiyaro, bishopkay, GhostWisperer, Toktee, Kieel, LeitaP

Then let's hope to the court to do justice because the accusation now is that the police are stalling the case
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by LeitaP: 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
Let's call on judges to be fair because this is the bedrock of what they do. It is not unheard of judiciary granting rogue and corrupt politicians bails. It's clear this man hasn't benefited from legal instruments protecting his fundamental human rights. We all human, these rights were Instituted to protect human dignity.

wellmax:

The court will decide. The case is in court. Is it not within the law to deny bail if the judge feels convinced to do so?
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by LeitaP: 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
That's right.

bishopkay:

Then let's hope to the court to do justice because the accusation now is that the police are stalling the case
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by GhostWisperer: 12:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
wellmax:

The guy has been charged but denied bail.
if he were denied bail, then he should be remanded in a correctional facility and not in a police cell.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by wellmax(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2021
LeitaP:
Let's call on judges to be fair because this is the bedrock of what they do. It is not unheard of judiciary granting rogue and corrupt politicians bails. It's clear this man hasn't benefited from legal instruments protecting his fundamental human rights. We all human, these rights were Instituted to protect human dignity.

Right, unfortunately, judges and courts do not usually come out to tell their own side of the story, they don't need that anyways. People say all sorts without knowing the true position of the story. I wish the guy luck
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by wellmax(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
GhostWisperer:
if he were denied bail, then he should be remanded in a correctional facility and not in a police cell.
True, unfortunate DSS and the courts will not come out to tell us their own side of the story.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by gentle007(m): 12:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Here is the self-acclaimed patriot supporting the incarceration of a citizen who has not faced trial in a law court.
What's the difference between this and shekau holding Leah sharibu for refusing to denounce Christianity?

That's the point. Yes! He was careless in speech. He should be tried in court. If found guilty, he should serve the punishment according to the law!

The lesson the youth will learn us that no one is above the law.
But now, the lesson the youth are learning is that you can be kept in jail without trial.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
gentle007:

That's the point. Yes! He was careless in speech. He should be tried in court. If found guilty, he should serve the punishment according to the law!

The lesson the youth will learn us that no one is above the law.
But now, the lesson the youth are learning is that you can be kept in jail without trial.
Can an ordinary intern be said to be above the law in any instance? Except where he is related to an influential member of society.

No one says he shouldn't be tried in court. My grouse is the unlawful incarceration

1 Like

Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by zinodizt: 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2021
yes killing innocent civilians during end sars grin
matrix199:
In Nigeria, criticism must be done with discretion. For me, I think president buhari has done really really really very well for Nigeria. The learned folks would more likely get my point, while the peasants wouldn't.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by bigiyaro(m): 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
wellmax:

He was charged to court for your information
stop defending rubbish.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Edygrin(m): 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
castiello:

Seem you don’t get the point a citizen openly threatening the president by paying a sniper to kill he should be taken lightly, have you seen any citizen in the world threatening to kill a sitting president, of cos only in Nigeria that citizen have tap mouth
You've never experienced life outside of this shithole so you wouldn't understand. Google can help you though
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by wellmax(m): 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
bigiyaro:
stop defending rubbish.

I am not here to push your agenda.
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Evidenx(m): 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
BUT THEY CAN'T ARREST BOKO HARAM OR FULANI HERDSMEN.... RUBBISH.

DAURA SECRET SERVICE (DSS)
Re: Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives by Coolgent(m): 4:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kudus to DSS.
Charge him to Court asap for onward Prison journey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai: Peter Obi Is A Nollywood Actor, He Can't Win Election (Video) / Keyamo To Obi: You Played The Most Divisive Religious Politics & Lost D Election / I Don't Have Any House In Dubai- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.