Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari (20552 Views)

Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / Police Detain Solomon Emmanuel Akuma For Criticising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by fergie001: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has struck a case filed against a 29-year-old pharmacist, Solomon Akuma, who tweeted that he would “pay a Russian sniper to kill Buhari and his former Chief of Staff, the late Abba Kyari".

The trial judge, Folashade Giwa- Ogunbanjo while ruling on the matter on Monday struck out the case on the ground that it was defective.

The judge said there was no valid charge before the court and that the matter was not diligently prosecuted.

She said the case file would be returned to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) in the office of Attorney General of Federation for further action.

The judge added that the judgement does not give protection to the defendant from future investigation.

The defence counsel, Emmanuel Ukaegbu prayed the court to discharge the defendant who was in a correctional centre.

Ukaegbu said his client should be released since the matter has been struck out.

The judge, therefore, asked the defence counsel to make a formal application to that effect.

Akuma was abducted and had been detained at the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID), Abuja, for over 11 months.

Activists, lawyers and civil society groups have condemned Akuma's continued detention and called for his release, saying he did not commit any crime to warrant such a punishment.

Akuma's tweets were in response to a Twitter post asking respondents what their next move would be if they got $1 million.

Akuma's father, Emmanuel Akuma was deceived by the police in order to get his son arrested.

The father said he had received a call from a person ”who disguised to be a person seeking to reward him for praying for him in the past.”

“It was me they used as bait to get to my son. They used me as their link. Someone must have dug up my profile and they found out that I was a pastor,” he said.

The cleric added, “Someone called me that I had prayed for him at a place. He said he wanted to honour me and that he and others would be coming on a particular date.

“They also said that they would visit me and give me an honorarium. I said I was not really aware of what they were talking about.

“They said I should not bother that they knew me as a pastor. I said, okay, no problem. They said I had once ministered in their church.

"I was not around at the time because I went for burial in my hometown. So I lodged in my in-law’s place.

“I said no problem, but something ministered to me that those guys were not what they said they were and as it turned out to be, they were policemen.”

He said he reluctantly agreed to meet with them and took them to his in-law’s place, where they “arrested everybody and collected all our phones at gunpoint, and marched us into a red jeep they parked outside.”

He said the policemen later used his phone number to call his son “telling him that his father lost the phone”.

“In fact, because of all the weapons they had I couldn’t react because I could not ascertain who they were,” he said.

The cleric said when his son arrived at the scene, the men immediately arrested him.

“So, at that point, they gave us back our phones, and they took him to the police station, down to Umuahia, to Enugu and the next day, they went to Abuja,” he said.

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREADS;
https://www.nairaland.com/6359915/police-detain-solomon-emmanuel-akuma#97993716

https://www.nairaland.com/6360147/why-solomon-emmanuel-akuma-arrested#97999603

https://www.nairaland.com/6360494/father-how-solomon-emmanuel-akuma#98006115

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by chrismastre5(m): 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
R
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Righteousness2(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hahahaha hahahaha...
I Love this his description of apostle Paul's Commando style Conversion. Very funny but on point. Stubborn Saul had no Choice but to ask Who are thou LORD?
Paul was highly privileged because GOD saw in him a Messenger for the Gospel.

Not Everyone will get the the exact Paul treatment. The Preachings we are putting out here on daily basis is the voice of GOD calling you to repentance, why you have the opportunity.
Mercy and opportunity to repent and accept JESUS Expires at Death. There is no Repentance in the Grave.

Let no one Deceive you! GOD is Merciful, kind , loving and full of Patience. But BABA is also a Consuming Fire .

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by BigSarah(f): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
sad He has suffered enough..

He thought he was on Nairaland that promotes hate and sycophancy whilst protecting one's identity..

Go and yarn crap no more

I'm not BMC ooo, Tufiakwa Olounmaje ..
But be honest, his post was too bad and he made the post with his personal account.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Baawaa(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Akuma was abducted and had been detained at the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID), Abuja, for over 11 months.
11 months just like that,money also has gone. We have to becareful of what we say on the internet

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Reckless boy! He will still face the Disciplinary committee of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) for misconduct.

There are many like him still naively thinking that the social media and Nairaland gives them any annonymity whereas it is not so. It seems when they get on the social media their brains and upbringing go straight to the dogs and they use their own hands to ruin all the hardwork their teachers had done on them.

I am very very disappointed in him. He just put himself in a damaged position for life at age 29. From the look of things, his criminal case may be started all over again de novo despite already spending 11 months in prison.

He would wish Twitter has been suspended earlier in Nigeria since it was his recklessness on Twitter that ruined his young promising life. I hope others will learn from him. Threatening the life or calling for the violent death of anyone online or offline is a criminal offence. Stop doing it. Government now monitors everything because of the grave security problems online recklessness has caused the nation.

Even if you don't love yourself, remember your parents. Especially your mother who is the weaker vessel and may likely die of heartbreak on hearing that you are going straight from classroom to jail like this reckless and unwise youth.

Many have typed to curse the land so much to the point that the land will never bless them , no matter how long they try. All these recklessness are completely avoidable. Just don't live dual personality lives. Your true character is revealed at what you do when you think no one is watching you.

If you are decent and respectful offline, be that same decent and respectful person online too. That is not too much to do If you have a sound value system and you're from a good home.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by godisshit(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thank God we still have courageous and no nonsense judges on the bench. We should pray for the protection of that Judge otherwise Malami the criminal attorney general will send hired killers to invade the judge's private residence.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Omniman(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
sad
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by fergie001: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha hahahaha...
I Love this his description of apostle Paul's Commando style Conversion.
Pastor.....you like vawulence ooo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by godisshit(m): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
He's more principled than you and several generations of your type will ever be. The shallow minded can never understand the price we pay for our convictions. Things that are deep and meaningful will forever be beyond your type.

BigSarah:

He thought he was on Nairaland that promotes hate and sycophancy whilst protecting one's identity..

Go and yarn crap no more

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by JosephXavier: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
So court cannot prosecute this Akuma for a post he made on twitter threatening the life of the president

Why then does people think that court can jail Nnamdi Kanu for posts he made on twitter and the programs he aired on Radio Biafra while in UK?

I am neutral on kanu's case but this issue gat me thinking logically

10 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Golan007: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
His case hasn't ended.

If anything, it's been elongated.

4 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Teacher1776(m): 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Dailymice: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
smiley
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha hahahaha...
I Love this his description of apostle Paul's Commando style Conversion.

So much for your righteousness indeed.
It's not funny. I honestly don't know your state of mind when typing the multiple Hahas. It's not funny at all except you are a narcissist.

It's heart breaking to read that such a trained hand is wasting away after so much of the tax payers money was used in training him. If you glory in violence you are obviously not then a Christian. Not even Christ will encourage violence that you find amusing let alone permit the use of filthy vile words. I am disappointed in your attempt to laugh over what is the pain of his parents now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
That dont change the fact that buhari is a Terrorist and major sponsor of Terrorism in Nigeria.

Ive seen Obama walk freely and fearlessly in the midst of Americans. If dem born buhari well make him waka for oshodi by 7pm alone in the night or even with a 4 man security guard if him get the mind.

If you a good man and not the instigator of hardship and predicament like mohamad buhari is you dont fear from death.

Fukking Terrorist!

23 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Ladycewhy(f): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
That tweet was careless. Even me wey my own dey my body nor go yarn opata like that. undecided

Nairaland even has more anonymity than twitter.He would have probably gotten away with it if it was the previous administration tho. But hey ,it is what it is ,he was reckless with that tweet.

10 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Xzellentgraphic: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Useless govt

Check my dp

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by bigdammyj: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
Noted
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Cosmatikka: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thank God
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by DukeNija(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
BigSarah:

Go and yarn crap no more

Shut up! Your comment is irrelevant as always.

13 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by timefarm(m): 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
So much pain when a clueless, military dictator rules.

8 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Lagosianswag: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thank God for his Life. grin

They don't forgive/forget over there. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by espn(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
Okay...
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by EddyNumerouno(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Zico5(m): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thank God for nairaland. Half of us here would have been arrested and jailed. I wonder if we are still in colonial era or military regime. No freedom of speech and someone there called this man a man of integrity. I wonder if these people can take half of injustice they meted out to GEJ. I know posterity will judge them all.

6 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin Next time make you Yan Lobish for social media madness ! Who no know , go know grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Temisia(f): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Klington: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SIM Registration: NCC Makes NIN Compulsory / Tony Okocha: We Have Mobilized 50,000 Persons For Tinubu’s Rally In Rivers State / 3 Months Imprisonment For Social Media Offenders - Bill Passes First Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.