Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Ascertaining The Will Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ascertaining The Will Of God (176 Views)

Fake Man Of God Everywhere. . Please Mind Where You Worship / Nigeria Most Humble Man Of God And Why? / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ascertaining The Will Of God by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 13, 2021
When it comes to finding the will of God in your life, it can be quite difficult. The truth is that you don’t find it, the Lord’s will finds you. But for His will to find you, you must be doing something first.

1. You need to have a ready heart. Surrender to whatever God shows you.

2. Study the Scriptures. Ask God to show you the truth before you open that Book.

3. Prayer. This is basically talking to God.

4. Providential circumstances. Pay attention to circumstances. Pay attention to closed and open doors.

5. Peace of God.

6. Good advisors.
Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by Myer(m): 6:30am On Jan 13, 2021
iyambz:
When it comes to finding the will of God in your life, it can be quite difficult. The truth is that you don’t find it, the Lord’s will finds you. But for His will to find you, you must be doing something first.

1. You need to have a ready heart. Surrender to whatever God shows you.

2. Study the Scriptures. Ask God to show you the truth before you open that Book.

3. Prayer. This is basically talking to God.

4. Providential circumstances. Pay attention to circumstances. Pay attention to closed and open doors.

5. Peace of God.

6. Good advisors.

Have you even discovered the will of God for your own existence?
Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:46am On Jan 13, 2021
The will of God for Mankind is to multiply and subdue the earth (take charge of all the natural resources) and control all other creatures! Genesis 1:28
It's selfishness that led mankind to where we are today, God has no special will for anyone, apart from animals that we are to dominate all humans are equal before God! smiley

Myer:

Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by Myer(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The will of God for Mankind is to multiply and subdue the earth (take charge of all the natural resources) and control all other creatures! Genesis 1:28
It's selfishness that led mankind to where we are today, God has no special will for anyone, apart from animals that we are to dominate all humans are equal before God! smiley

You clearly don't even know your bible yet you're attempting to teach others.

Let me mention a few examples in the bible of people who had specific will of God-

Abraham (to raise a nation that would serve God)
Joseph (to be sold by his brothers and end up saving his nation.)
Moses ( to get his nation out of egypt into the promised land)
Samson (to deliver the israelites from philistines)
Deborah (to be a mother in israel}
David (to be king of Israel)
John the baptist ( to be a forerunner)
The Disciples (to be fishers of men)
Paul (to preach to gentiles)

In you need the bible references of course, I'll be glad to oblige.

2 Likes

Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32am On Jan 13, 2021
I'm sorry if my comments upset you, please i tender an apology!

As for the bolded, all of them belongs to the same lineage and God's will for all of them have to do with just one purpose restoration of pure worship!

Abraham was called out of Ur amongst idol worshipers, God promised to establish his covenant with him forever if Abraham will remain faithful and loyal to the end, God fulfilled his own part of the covenant but Abraham's descendants weren't as faithful as the patriarch. So there was no special will for anyone in the Bible apart from this arrangement, all other humans are to wait patiently until God restore Paradise then we will all return to his former plan (multiply, subdue the earth and dominate all other creatures)
That's what i'm saying, but if you can find any special will apart from that arrangement please i'm willing to learn! undecided

Myer:

You clearly don't even know your bible yet you're attempting to teach others.

Let me mention a few examples in the bible of people who had specific will of God-

Abraham (to raise a nation that would serve God)
Joseph (to be sold by his brothers and end up saving his nation.)
Moses ( to get his nation out of egypt into the promised land)
Samson (to deliver the israelites from philistines)
Deborah (to be a mother in israel}
David (to be king of Israel)
John the baptist ( to be a forerunner)
The Disciples (to be fishers of men)
Paul (to preach to gentiles)

In you need the bible references of course, I'll be glad to oblige.
Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 13, 2021
Myer:

Concerning my own existence, it's to live a sanctified separated Christian life because He bought me with a price (Rom 12:1-2 kjv). The will of God is a continuous process. It can change anytime based on how you present yourself. You see that in (2 Tim 2) - a vessel to honour and a vessel to dishonor. (E.g Isaiah made himself available when he said "Lord send me," ). If you make yourself available to the Lord, He will make use of you, and vice versa.
Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by Myer(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I'm sorry if my comments upset you, please i tender an apology!

As for the bolded, all of them belongs to the same lineage and God's will for all of them have to do with just one purpose restoration of pure worship!

Abraham was called out of Ur amongst idol worshipers, God promised to establish his covenant with him forever if Abraham will remain faithful and loyal to the end, God fulfilled his own part of the covenant but Abraham's descendants weren't as faithful as the patriarch. So there was no special will for anyone in the Bible apart from this arrangement, all other humans are to wait patiently until God restore Paradise then we will all return to his former plan (multiply, subdue the earth and dominate all other creatures)
That's what i'm saying, but if you can find any special will apart from that arrangement please i'm willing to learn! undecided

Offend me? Of course not. Though I hope you're not offended I concluded you had no indepth knowledge of the bible since I just exposed your error.

Basically you mean God has stopped revealing his specific will for individuals just because Jesus was born. And also because you don't have any specific will from God.

But if God could reveal specific will to those of the old covenant before the Holy spirit indwelling, are they not better off than you who claim to have the Holy spirit but have no revelation other than what you are told by your pastor or you read in the bible.

Is that not supposed to be what separates Christianity from being just another religion? Worshipping God through Christ and relationship with the Holy spirit?

1 Like

Re: Ascertaining The Will Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47am On Jan 13, 2021
Before the coming of Jesus God often reveal his purpose for picking interest in some individuals. But after the arrival of the Messiah there was nothing as such again, that's what Jesus meant when he said from the days of John (baptist) things have changed! Matthew 11:12-13
All those people who lived before John the baptist are lesser than Christians {Matthew 11:11} because they have to rely on prophets coming to tell them things they can't verify whether it's true or false, unlike today that God's word (Bible) has been completed, each child of God can go through it to know God's purpose for Mankind in general! Act 17:11
Notable incident occurred in the time of King David, something was revealed to him (either by vision or prophet) David did just so but God dealt with David for obeying the vision whereas David has always obeyed the voice of God! 2Samuel 24:1-3

So where did this faithful servant of God go wrong?

Well it was because David believed the vision and thought IT'S GOD'S WILL FOR HIM TO CARRY OUT WHEREAS SATAN WAS THE SPIRIT BEHIND THE VISION! 1Chronicles 21:1

Today God's children knew that God is not partial, we are all equal before him so there is no special will after the Bible has been completed {1Corinthians 13:9-10} all we need to do now is read God's word, meditate and apply what we read!

God bless you! smiley

Myer:

Offend me? Of course not. Though I hope you're not offended I concluded you had no indepth knowledge of the bible since I just exposed your error.

Basically you mean God has stopped revealing his specific will for individuals just because Jesus was born. And also because you don't have any specific will from God.

But if God could reveal specific will to those of the old covenant before the Holy spirit indwelling, are they not better off than you who claim to have the Holy spirit but have no revelation other than what you are told by your pastor or you read in the bible.

Is that not supposed to be what separates Christianity from being just another religion? Worshipping God through Christ and relationship with the Holy spirit?

(1) (Reply)

The Covenant Between Atheist And / Spiritual Meaning Of Snake Dreams / How To Overcome Sin. Try These Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.