Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) (35021 Views)

Bandits: Katsina Man Removes House Roof To Pay Son’s Ransom (Photos) / Kidnappers Burn A Man To Ashes After His Parents Could Not Pay Ransom(photos) / Driver Kills Boss’ Children After Kidnapping Them For N3M Ransom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by NwekeUG(m): 10:54am On Jan 13, 2021
Abducted Oyo farmer, Wole Agboola has been killed by kidnappers after collecting a ransom of N2m from his family, IgbereTV reports.

Six armed men dressed in military camouflage abducted the University of Ibadan graduate on his piggery/fish farm located at Nagbede village via Aba-odo in Oyo on Monday, December 28, 2020.

The decomposing remains of Agboola were recovered from the bush in Aba-Odo on Monday, January 11, by the police a few miles from where he was abducted.

A brother to the deceased, Olakunle Agboola, also a journalist, who confirmed the development, said his brother was killed and his body found 10 days after the ransom was paid by the family.

"My brother, Wole Agboola was killed after a huge ransom was paid and we later found his body inside the bush near Aba Odo yesterday (Monday) at 6pm just a bit close to where he was abducted.” said Olakunle.

Meanwhile, friends of the deceased have taken to Facebook to mourn him.

Pastor of the church where the deceased worshipped, Reverend Boladale Ige suspected he might have been killed shortly after he was kidnapped.

Rev. Ige's statement reads:

“Painful exit of a dear brother,” read “Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s."

"It is with a heavy heart, that I announce the painful and sudden passing of our brother, Elder Wole Agboola, who, unfortunately, fell to the cruel hands of kidnappers on Monday, 28th December 2020 on his farm.

“Despite all efforts, it appears his abductors had killed him shortly after his kidnap. This, for us, as a church family and for his immediate family, is a very painful and sad occurrence. We must nevertheless encourage one another at this time to hold firmly to God’s infinite words, and look to HIM, keeping our gaze on our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.,"

"The occurrence of the past two weeks is a sad reality of the state of insecurity in our nation, Nigeria. We remain fastidious, praying for the deliverance of our nation and people from the grips of the enemy. And we shall be victorious. As we mourn, we will not mourn as those who do not have hope we believe in God, and we know, our brother has gone to heaven, to be with his Lord Jesus whom he loved dearly and served passionately.

"We, who remain, must remain steadfast, looking unto Jesus, without fear or oppression. For we have victory in Christ Jesus, and we know, He is able to keep us all, until His Coming.
“Mathew 10:vs 28.. ‘And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell,"

"God is the avenger. We take comfort in our God and the Holy Spirit. And believe we will all meet on Resurrection Day. Please remember to pray for his wife and children and the church family."

Olaniyan T Alphonso wrote on Facebook:

"Hmmm we met on this street, He became my customer and then a friend.

We've met a couple of times, we discuss business, a man full of ideas... I was to attend his father's burial in July but distance and covid, perhaps it would have been a great moment together. Sad

Shocked! Prayed, paid and yet killed! Sad!

We failed him! the system do; we are all a party to this! Engr. Seyi Makinde! This is not NorthEast, what is going on!? Why!?

Enough! God!

Rest in peace my brother, Agboola Oluwole we failed you!"
https://www.facebook.com/1540605872/posts/10223352170982759/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1378828/kidnappers-kill-oyo-farmer-collecting-n2m-ransom-photos/

1 Share

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by NwekeUG(m): 10:54am On Jan 13, 2021
More

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2021
It is high time that all the governors in south west declares a state of emergency in Yoruba land. It is glaring that terrorists Fulani herdsmen are on rampage and trying to overrun south western states as they did in Kwara far back but instead of Yoruba men to rise up and defend their land they are busy talking down on Eastern Nigeria security network. With the way things are going we should expect to have Emirates in all Yoruba land in not less than five years from now.

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Nukilia: 11:00am On Jan 13, 2021
Nigerians have witnessed so much reproach among committee of nations. We cannot continue like this...

Heaven rest the soul of the faithful departed lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by BusinessCity: 11:00am On Jan 13, 2021
Coded

29 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by BusinessCity: 11:01am On Jan 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
It is high time that all the governors in south west declares a state of emergency in Yoruba land. It is glaring that terrorists Fulani herdsmen are on rampage and trying to overrun south western states as they did in Kwara far back but instead of Yoruba men to rise up and defend their land they are busy talking down on Eastern Nigeria security network. With the way things are going we should expect to have Emirates in all Yoruba land in not less than five years from now.

The Yorubas are too obsessed with Southeast while their own are continously been slaughtered like animals.

Let's hope they have sense soon. Meanwhile the kidnapping that was a core Northern thing is becoming increasingly regular in Ondo and Oyo.

By mid year, will Lagos be safe?

May God protect me and my family. I stand to condemn kidnapping cause I move around in forested communities alot.

Guys pray for we food producers o

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2021
Another asset lost cry cry

Insecurity everywhere.

You can't even engage in honest labour without watching your back.

It's sad !

14 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Nbotee(m): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2021
And yet again anoda one

1 Like

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by gambia(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
This country is gone. I can't wait to escape asap.

9 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by DoctorDree(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hmmm.......Kidnapping business this days seems profitable and it’s on the increase......Something needs to be done to stop all this,they seem to be getting away with the crime lately,some will pay the ransom and still get killed........9ja which way?
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
the young man was killed by oyo skull miners. Leave innocent fulanis alone undecided

20 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by endsarrrs(f): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
Painful

1 Like

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Princeofasia: 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
wtf, this is sad. we need to apply our iq in situations like this. dont treaten them, dont tell them that you will get them once you are out. dont tell them that your brother or son is commisioner of police and will fetch them out. use your brain. most people die for lack of using their brain
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by tot(f): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
Fahdiga:

Can you not make a comment without mentioning those supposedly talking about Eastern Nigeria security network? Stop derailing threads!

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

18 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by SleekPro071: 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chai
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
that terrorists Fulani herdsmen are on rampage and trying to overrun south western states as they did in Kwara far..

My brother, please continue.. Attack the Fulanis.. You've got the license to! Any Fulani member wey dare retaliate this IPOB sympathizer will be banned.

So I advise my Fulani brothers and sisters not to reply. Just ignore him. Let God Almighty fight your battle.

God bless Nigeria.

KingKingKing:

Fahdiga, Don't be an idiot... Why do you try to bring tribalism unto every thing.. You run from thread to thread trying to cast aspersion on the Yoruba tribe...

This is 2021 life is short.. What would you say you would have achieved by the end of the year? I feel this should be your thought old man...

Rip to the farmer killed

Seyi Mankind's should please rise up and act fast.. The spate of insecurity in Oyo is worrisome.

Glad I am not the only one complaining. We all know Arrewa got banned for a far lesser offence. But this particular user is on almost every thread attacking and demonizing entire tribes and regions. If he's not demonizing the North, he's demonizing the West.. Only his South East region is perfect!

You guys should continue o.. Very soon, we go reply everything! We are watching...

Nigeria must better whether you enemies of Nigeria like it or not!

4 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by dayleke: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
Naija !!!!!

Which way!!!!
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
Wetin dey happen for Oyo gan sef
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hmm
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Toktee(m): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
NwekeUG:
Abducted Oyo farmer, Wole Agboola has been killed by kidnappers after collecting a ransom of N2m from his family, IgbereTV reports.

Six armed men dressed in military camouflage abducted the University of Ibadan graduate on his piggery/fish farm located at Nagbede village via Aba-odo in Oyo on Monday, December 28, 2020.

The decomposing remains of Agboola were recovered from the bush in Aba-Odo on Monday, January 11, by the police a few miles from where he was abducted.

A brother to the deceased, Olakunle Agboola, also a journalist, who confirmed the development, said his brother was killed and his body found 10 days after the ransom was paid by the family.

"My brother, Wole Agboola was killed after a huge ransom was paid and we later found his body inside the bush near Aba Odo yesterday (Monday) at 6pm just a bit close to where he was abducted.” said Olakunle.

Meanwhile, friends of the deceased have taken to Facebook to mourn him.

Pastor of the church where the deceased worshipped, Reverend Boladale Ige suspected he might have been killed shortly after he was kidnapped.

Rev. Ige's statement reads:

Olaniyan T Alphonso wrote on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/1540605872/posts/10223352170982759/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1378828/kidnappers-kill-oyo-farmer-collecting-n2m-ransom-photos/
This is where the POLICE, DSS ETC,are needed yet you will not see them until they see irrelevant case like that of Emmanuel Akuma.

9 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
The few people that have the courage to remain in agriculture are being kidnapped for ransom daily or have their farms ransacked and plundered by the same notorious group.

Even the people that would later tell you investigation is underway already know who did it.

11 Likes

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by onoms4luv(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
ah na, what's all this na. After collecting 2m, you still went ahead to kill this man. It will never be well with those kidnappers.

may God rest your soul in his bossom.

1 Like

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is sad.
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Lovelies1: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
This is what you get in a country protecting fanatics

1 Like

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by juman(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
Yet buhari said people should be farming.
While the cows and kidnappers are there to cause havoc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
Yet religious fanatics will look the other way

1 Like

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by 2shure: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
Shitz getting ugly man. All man gotta stay strapped now o. Why the fuc k will u kill someone over 2m. Fuc k. Me wey dey regret say i blow 5m on frivolity neva poof,fuc k man. Fuc k. I feel like going on a killing spree to all those mofockaz called fulani. Fuc k, i just checked,i no get assault rifle. Fuc k. Can 1m get me 3 ak 47 with a suppressor. I really need them

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
That is sad. Why collect a 2 million ransome and still go ahead to keep the farmer? Wickedness

1 Like

Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by Fvckyouall: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
Lol
Re: Wole Agboola: Kidnappers Kill Oyo Farmer After Collecting N2m Ransom (Photos) by onward4life(m): 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
gambia:
This country is gone. I can't wait to leave asap.

Say that to Tinubu descendants

And see mc oluomo sqaddies chase yu down d drain grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oliver Anidiobi Jailed For 18 Years For Using Customers N219m For Ponzi In Enugu / Man Beaten To Death In Enugu - Days Before Returning To His Base In Abuja.Photos / EFCC Arrests 10 Yahoo Boys In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.