Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj (406 Views)

Is N50,000 Monthly Enough Feeding Allowance For A Family Of 3? / My Wife Of 3 Years Is Very Shy Around Me / Checkout This Viral Family of 6 Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by BigBashiru: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Monthly or yearly?
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by ibechris(m): 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
In Nigeria,it takes two income family to be able to live well. This is because nothing is certain in Nigeria now and that certainty is the core area of worry to everyone/family.

However,u may need to have a passive income for sustenance such that if u are a salary earner, it will make up for any change in the price of good services especially when ur wife does not support u.

For me,I will say apart from school fees and cost of maintaining children...put down 40k to 60k a month.
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by legacystore: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
80k monthly is manageable

Food portion must be well reduced
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
BigBashiru:
Monthly or yearly?

It depends largely on your lifestyle and standard of living.

If your standard of living is high, then on an annual basis, you'll be running on close to a 1.5million but if its an average standard, it will be like 750k annually. housing inclusive. But definitely not on the island. Somewhere around mainland you can still get this standard for that amount.
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by BigBashiru: 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
ibechris:
In Nigeria,it takes two income family to be able to live well. This is because nothing is certain in Nigeria now and that certainty is the core area of worry to everyone/family.

However,u may need to have a passive income for sustenance such that if u are a salary earner, it will make up for any change in the price of good services especially when ur wife does not support u.

For me,I will say apart from school fees and cost of maintaining children...put down 40k to 60k a month.

Im looking for the cost of feeding for husband, wife and a child who is 4years old....
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by BigBashiru: 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
CalliDora1:

It depends largely on your lifestyle and standard of living.

If your standard of living is high, then on an annual basis, you'll be running on close to a 1.5million but if its an average standard, it will be like 750k annually. housing inclusive. But definitely not on the island. Somewhere around mainland you can still get this standard for that amount.

rent in lagos alone is 750k oh for bq or self contained. 1.5 million is rent alone for a 2 or 3 bedroom flat...
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
In Lagos, school fees exclusive, budget a minimum of N100k-N150k monthly. And you'll still have to manage some things. Anything less than that and you're either cutting meals, living on top of each other in a smaller house than you really need, or delaying car repairs a month or two when you have breakdowns.
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2021
BigBashiru:

rent in lagos alone is 750k oh for bq or self contained. 1.5 million is rent alone for a 2 or 3 bedroom flat...

Yeah 750k is for 1bedroom flat per annum. But 1.5 for 2 bedroom flat per annum.
So just add other costs like feeding, utility bills and clothing which should be around 500k per annum. You'll be running on close to 2m.
Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by ibechris(m): 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
BigBashiru:

Im looking for the cost of feeding for husband, wife and a child who is 4years old....

Put down in writing everything u guys eat in a month including yourself and estimate it in money terms and get the final cost. Then map out ur budget with it for the month.

That is how I have been doing mine just to enable me to save some cash.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Take To Run A Family Of 3 In Lag/abj by SILENTandSMART2: 4:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
If you're a serious man 18 thousand naira is enough ,wink

Jussss cut what you can carry wink smiley

(1) (Reply)

High Court Judge Cries Out As DNA Test Reveals Three Children Not His / / Buy This Lovely Almost Ney Bed + Matress @ 80k Call 08068669861

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.