Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? (435 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / How Do I Know That I Am Saved? / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by EFULEFU1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 13, 2021
Please, what will be the signs that one is born again?

Thanks
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by okenwa(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
You will hate evil
You will love humanity
You will detest unjust gain, glory and lifestyle.
You will not eye runs girl and yahoo lifestyle
The Spirit of God will be in you to direct your path
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2021
My uncle (traditionslist) have been saying this right from when i was a child, definitely my uncle died a born again so he's now with Jesus in heaven! smiley

okenwa:
You will hate evil
You will love humanity
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by EFULEFU1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
My uncle (traditionslist) have been saying this right from when i was a child, definitely my uncle died a born again so he's now with Jesus in heaven! smiley

What are the signs

And are u born again?
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by bixton(m): 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
EFULEFU1:

Thanks

Just you get a hint from these Scripture
Kindly do well to read Acts 9:1-31and Acts 10:1-48. Read with an open mind and ask God to give you understanding.

One of the signs of being born again from the eye of the flesh is that there will be a drastic change from your old self to a new and better person.
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
You're asking what is not achievable by human effort, why not concentrate on everlasting life? Being born again is more than what the churches are speculating!

EFULEFU1:

What are the signs And are u born again?
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
1. You will always talk about Jesus. It’s like a drunk man who wants you to have a taste of his drink. The Holy Spirit brags on Jesus. You won’t be able to keep your mouth shut

2. You will have inner conflict. Your flesh will be fighting your spirit. You read more of this in Romans 7. You will be struggling with your sins because you now have a conscience.

3. You will have troubles. You don’t go out looking for trouble, it will find you (1 Peter 4:12-15 kjv).

4. You will hate humanity. God first, not humans. Humanism is the worst thing to happen to this world. That’s why you have all sorts or rights rights everywhere.
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by Ihedinobi3: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
EFULEFU1:

Thanks

Hi there.

This is what the Bible says:

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
John 3:18 (NIV)

6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile —the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” 16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”
Romans 10:6-18 (NIV)

It is actually a very easy thing to be born again. All it takes is to believe what the Gospel says about Jesus Christ: that He is God Who became a human being so that He could die for our sins. Faith in this Person defined in this manner, namely that He is both God and Man, and in what He did for us, namely that He exchanged His Life for ours is what saves us.

How do we know that we have faith? That is a hard question to answer. The reason is that we all know when we believe something and when we don't and yet we can't really explain how we do. For example, can anyone explain how they know that they really believe that the sun is a ball of hot gases? It's hard to explain how you know that you believe something, but you do know whether you believe something or not.

The same is true of salvation. To be saved, all we need is to believe the Gospel. It is possible to believe the Gospel and have a bad behavior (this is more often the case and not), although it is really ironic when anyone does that. Behavior is not what makes us born again or not, faith is.

However, James and John do teach us that one cannot claim to have faith if their faith does nothing at all (James 2:14-26; 1 John 3:10-24). This is also true of salvation. If we believe in Jesus Christ, there will be token actions that prove it. They may be too small for humans to notice but not for God, for example, Matthew 10:42 teaches that a cup of cold water given to a fellow believer is recognized as a good work by God. You may not even count that as evidence of faith, since do-gooder unbelievers may even do the same physical act albeit for different reasons.

Note that it is what goes on in the heart that proves that we are saved, not mere visible actions. The Lord Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites because although their visible actions were righteous, their hearts were antagonistic to God (Matthew 23:27-28). So the motives that drive our actions are the determinant factor. John says that we know that we are children of God because we love other children of God. That love may be small, but it will be there and it will make us do some small deed or other that benefits those other children of God in some way that may not even be known to us at the time. To prove that this is not mere appearance, John says that we know that we are children of God because we have the Holy Spirit inside us. It is that very Spirit that makes us do things like that even when we are not fully aware that we are doing them. James teaches the same thing although he does so in a more visceral way. So, this is not a brief for legalism and self-righteousness such as you find in so many churches today.

As long as we remain on the baby level of faith though, we are never really going to be very confident in our Salvation. This is why the Bible tells us to grow spiritually. Believing in Jesus Christ is supposed to start us on a journey. If we don't continue the journey, we will remain vulnerable to doubt and turning back. I discuss this in some detail at https://www.nairaland.com/6344450/christians-job-why-youre-here. Please feel free to peruse the thread and ask any questions you have. I'll be happy to discuss with you. In short, though, anyone who wants to have confidence in their salvation needs to grow spiritually and become mature, so that they can fulfill their own spiritual duty in the Church.

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
Ephesians 4:11-16 (NKJV)

Cheers.
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by MuttleyLaff: 3:02am On Jan 14, 2021
EFULEFU1:

Thanks

MuttleyLaff:
Sire do you believe in who Jesus Christ is? Do you admit the existence of the power of God and acknowledge the demonstration of the power of God? If your reply to both questions is yes, then Nwanne, you are according to scripture, born again then

MuttleyLaff:
... The meaning of born again means born from above. One is born again, if like Nicodemus, one recognises Jesus Christ for whom He is and if one acknowledges the power of God in addition to admitting the demonstration and/or display of the power of God ...

MuttleyLaff:
... So in fact, "born again" simply and literally means "born from above", it means, spiritually, one is born anew, because the "spirit man" is revived and/or rekindled and one becomes to see, recognise, acknowledge, confirm and admit good things about or of the demonstration of the power of the kingdom ...
"1Now there was a certain man among the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler (member of the Sanhedrin) among the Jews,
2who came to Jesus at night and said to Him, “Rabbi (Teacher), we know [without any doubt] that You have come from God as a teacher; (i.e. that God has sent You to teach us) for no one can do these signs [these wonders, these attesting miracles] that You do unless God is with Him.”
3Jesus answered him,
“I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless a person is born again [reborn from above--spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified], he cannot [ever] see and experience the kingdom of God
.”
- John 3:1

@ EFULEFU1 , notice thoughtfully, what Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, said in John 3:3, in response to Nicodemus' opening statement, confession, admitting and acknowledgement said in John 3:2

EFULEFU1:
What are the signs
And are u born again?

MuttleyLaff:
"Jesus replied,
"Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- John 3:3

... also what was the comment made by Nicodemus, as in, what was his intro question and the reason, he gave, for coming up to the clandestine meeting in the dead of the night or wee hours of the morning, he had with Jesus?. Lastly, why is Jesus saying "truly truly I tell you" and talking about "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" to Nicodemus' John 3:2 blunt and opening remark, huh? I am sure, you're aware, that Jesus, always does this, He responds to what lies at the heart of something or somebody. Jesus in John 3:3, responded to what was in the heart of Nicodemus, by telling Nicodemus that no one can see and confirm all that Nicodemus has said about Him and say that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus except that person is born again. Isnt that so? Isnt that the words of Jesus and/or what He said about "born again", the phrase originally known as born from above or born from on high?

In fact, scoffers, mockers, cynics, pagans etcetera dont, never see and never will see anything good about the kingdom and that's because they are not born again, they are not born from above, and so are not spiritually rebirthed. It's more the reason, we have atheists, it is because regeneration has not taken place in them and this why they rubbish and/or never want to acknowledge any demonstrations or power of the kingdom of God. They dont believe who Jesus is, that He is God and that the miraculous signs are evidence that God is with Jesus
"Jesus replied,
“You are the [great and well-known] teacher of Israel, and yet you do not know nor understand these things [from Scripture]?
(i.e. “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things?)
''
- John 3:10

To be born again is a given, hence notice, that Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world, never preached nor taught about it until when the one time, in the middle of the night private audience with Nicodemus that the subject came up.

Also further notice, how in John 3:10, Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, reprimanded Nicodemus for not knowing "common biblical knowledge" these things, such as like the matter of being born again, lmso
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2021
The phrase "born again" appeared just once throughout the Bible when Jesus was speaking to a member of the Sanhendrin (Jewish high court) named "Nicodemus".
This group believes they're the first in holiness to the God of Israel during the time Jesus walked the earth so they were expecting the Messiah to make them his corulers whenever he arrives.
But they were shocked when the forerunner of the Messiah appeared as John (baptist) and began declaring damnation upon them {Matthew 3:4-10} because they knew quite sure through diligent study of the scriptures that John must be that person who has come to prepare the way for the Christ but now that he did not welcome them respectably and hospitably as they expected, they ignored him and refused to acknowledge him. Then few months later Jesus began his ministry with mighty works just as the scriptures foretells, each member of the Sanhendrin no doubt feels the Christ is around. So Nicodemus a honest hearted and sincere member of this group went to find Jesus in the evening when no one will notice him.
WHY?
Because his proud group are poised and ready for any eventuality perhaps this seeming Christ will do the same like his forerunner, they are battle prepared for showdown if he will not acknowledge them.
So Nicodemus went to Jesus to clear his own conscience that he acknowledged Jesus as the Christ, Jesus knew exactly what this man's group is anticipating so he quickly go straight to the point
"you must be born again "

Interpretation~

"no man can have the position you're seeking unless he is divinely called"

That's the meaning of what Jesus told Nicodemus! He told his disciples the same when the sons of Zebedee came with their mother (who was Jesus' aunty) to ask for the same position! Matthew 20:20-23

So being born again is not what is achievable by works or faith, God selects individuals within the faithful and loyal disciples of Jesus, none of those who lived before John (baptist) qualifies {Matthew 11:11} because they never had the opportunity to learn from Jesus how to rule with him in God's Kingdom! Matthew 23:10-12 smiley
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by MuttleyLaff: 10:04am On Jan 14, 2021
Re: How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Jan 19, 2021
EFULEFU1:

Thanks
God actually tells you Himself... He bears witness to those who belong to Him. So apart from the imagined signs of our own "goodness" or the goodness we see in others, the main evidence is from the Spirit of God of whom we are born of.

okenwa:
You will hate evil
You will love humanity
Superman, Batman, and many of my friends who happen to be atheists also share some of the characters you have listed above. I used to think that having those characteristics, even though I didn't really believe in God then, meant I was good still. But not anymore.

Remember the story of the Richman who could not give up his wealth in order to become a follower of Jesus Christ? That was not born again, and we do not know if he ever become one I.e. a follower of Jesus Christ.

(1) (Reply)

Blake: I’d Rather Miss Olympics Than Take COVID-19 Vaccine / Throwback Video Of Pastor Chris Warning People Against Ponzi Scheme / Prophet TB Joshua Drops New Prophetic Words, Check Out What He Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.