Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 (73541 Views)

This Cow Was Sold For One Million, One Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira (video) / Basket Of Tomatoes Now Costs N58,000 / Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
collinsuchendu:

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun. Rule no. 2

If the people you mentioned are fair and patriotic they would ignore your mention.

It's only logical, If you live in a zoo , you are an animal.

I have never feared banning because reading alone without commenting most times is a blessing. I won't be lured in answering guys like you.

I expect their ban.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by uuzba(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
cocolacec:

Make you import am go Amelica go sell there. grin
You need this kind of truck to transport fruits/veg.
Otherwise everything just get rotten along the way with our hot weather.

Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
PenName55:

If the people you mentioned are fair and patriotic they would ignore your mention.

It's only logical, If you live in a zoo , you are an animal.

I have never feared banning because reading alone without commenting most times is a blessing. I won't be lured in answering guys like you.

I expect their ban.

tongue Zoogeria is still a shit hole.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Getsaved(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
I think If we can have a good speed train network that can travel from down southern Nigeria to the North and return that same day, it would be a great boost to these farmers and the country at large. unfortunately, Terrorism would still be an issue until will fix bad governance.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by tofolo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
sojfarm:
These are the things the rail transportation system should facilitate them to the south and very low cost
We here in the North are patiently waiting for the trains to start so we can send down to you guys..... wink

1 Like

Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by tofolo(m): 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
PenName55:

And you and your family members are part of the baboons living there.

You guys lack reasoning. You call a place a zoo and you are living within it.

Are you not an animal?
you dey mind am......
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
danduchi:
you're right.. Cheaper in zaria
That's the norm.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Greenarrow01(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
ItsTutsi:
where is it located?

Kubau local govt.
That's like the biggest producers of tomatoes in kad state
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Keketu(m): 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zd-WQsETRw

Tomatoes farming and trading is a very big business, due to the fact that almost everybody eats the vegetable. In Nigeria, tomato farming is majorly done in the northern part of the country so tomatoes and other farm produce are cheap up north. I visited one of the biggest tomatoes market located at (Central market kaduna ) to know the current price of tomatoes.

You can get a basket of tomatoes now for #2500 now. We spoke to a trader he said the price of the good normally changes but, it's cheaper now. He added that you can get the bigger basket for # 3500.

The trader added that most of the traders in the market are farmers to, if they can get support to boost the business, the price of food stuff will be cheaper.
hi Tolu
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Obijulius: 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2021
Help yourself!

Buhari isn’t your problem.

Buhari na hustler. I don’t think his hustle is blocking you.

Prove it

OgbanjeProphet:
Northern Nigeria is a well endowed and blessed region.

Mumuism is their only problem cry
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by BigBashiru: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2021
Factfinder1:
We have everything in this country except good governance

Because Nigerians cannot govern themselves.....
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Midas01: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2021
Why did I never think of youtubing that? Lol
PotatoSalad:
If we had rail transport to the east or proper storage facilities, these things are going to be cheap all year round.
[b] If you watch videos where oyibo dey harvest and store tomatoes and plantains, to become a farmer go begin hungry you.

[/b]
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by BigBashiru: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
Getsaved:
I think If we can have a good speed train network that can travel from down southern Nigeria to the North and return that same day, it would be a great boost to these farmers and the country at large. unfortunately, Terrorism would still be an issue until will fix bad governance.

There is no bad governance in Nigeria..... Nigerians are simply unable to govern themselves, are too casual and have no respect for the rule of law....
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Sleekfingers: 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kcitytv:

Tomatoes farming and trading is a very big business, due to the fact that almost everybody eats the vegetable. In Nigeria, tomato farming is majorly done in the northern part of the country so tomatoes and other farm produce are cheap up north. I visited one of the biggest tomatoes market located at (Central market kaduna ) to know the current price of tomatoes.

You can get a basket of tomatoes now for #2500 now. We spoke to a trader he said the price of the good normally changes but, it's cheaper now. He added that you can get the bigger basket for # 3500.

The trader added that most of the traders in the market are farmers to, if they can get support to boost the business, the price of food stuff will be cheaper.

all lazy youth in lagos should go into farming......and stop riding okada and keke up and down....

There was a day a young man came to where i was drinking with friends in ilupeju, the young man was begging for money. And there was absolutely nothing wrong with him. I asked him if he could sell farm produce( tomatoes, red bell peppers, scotch bonnet or onions) that i can connect him with a mallam in mile 12 market....his body language said no....he said, i should give him the money....i was so furious...i called him lazy bone....na so he just waka dey curse me.....

There are lots of things nigerians can do to make money.....lots of opportunities out there.....na to dey call buhari up and down dem sabi......bunch of lazy youth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by MansoryMX(m): 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
And they sell it to southern traders for 25,000 or more. You can see the height of wickedness and no love among ourselves in this country.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by chubinwa(m): 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
very cheap up there. imagine a tomato of #2500 here in the east.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by hecomeshome(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
OBTMOS:
It’s cheaper in Benue
Very true. Benue is the heart of tomato.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by itubaba001: 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
Thegracefulness:
Since Agriculture has become expedient for Government officials to celebrate, we would not tire for seeing pictures like these. Imagine if they worked on fruit factories, to process these fruits, marinate them into Fresh juices, or encourage intra-state trading of these commodities.

I believe rather than focusing on non-existent policies that would not benefit Individuals in the long-run, we develop our agricultural potentials, but who is even the Agric minister. How many people have heard of what this person did.

Abeg I have several plots of land for sale at 800k. I promise you this is a good buy. Inspect, fence, pay and it’s yours. This year, man shall not remain idle. Amen. Call me.
location of the lands
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Sleekfingers: 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
Mrmanability:
Food de north but insecurity is ravaging the north

thats why the south need to seriously go into farming....depending on the north for farm produce is like sitting on kegs of gunpowder.....most of their farmers are scared of going to farms, because of insecurity....

States like oyo, osun, akwa ibom, cross river, ondo and ekiti, they have very fertile lands.......oyo alone can feed the entire southwest....

All the farm produce the north are bringing down here, can grow here too......eg tomato, scotch bonnet, red bell pepper, onions, ginger , garlic, water melon, sweet potato, etc.......
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by juniorstar(m): 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
this is where a good rail network connecting the country comes to play. foodstuff would go down drastically.
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by stello(f): 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Wao!!!! 2,500?

Kcitytv:

Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by JorgedeToledo: 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2021
Shedrachmessi:
that's my Town

Do you live in that town or do you have ancestral connections with (come from) the town?
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
What did u say 2k5 per basket.... Wonderful shocked
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Lamasta(m): 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2021
See fresh and cheap tomatoes o reminding me of my days in Birnin kudu LGA in Jigawa State, 100 is enough for me to cook a pot of stew...
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by ayusco85(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
Dozie32:
I have been there during my youth service days in kaduna(Makarfi local government)

It's not makarfi local government
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Propsper4521(m): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Propsper4521(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by ItsTutsi(m): 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2021
so kd produces more tomatoes than kano?
Greenarrow01:

Kubau local govt.
That's like the biggest producers of tomatoes in kad state
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by LOVEGINO(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
phrancys001:
KD
no US
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Lovelyn451(f): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2021
I hope the price remains like this by Easter or April...this is the season joor
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
PotatoSalad:
If we had rail transport to the east or proper storage facilities, these things are going to be cheap all year round.
If you watch videos where oyibo dey harvest and store tomatoes and plantains, to become a farmer go begin hungry you.
Like how clean and orderly they do things just sends chills down the spine!!!
Re: Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 by PotatoSalad(m): 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
Midas01:
Why did I never think of youtubing that? Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWH2XptT7Hk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! / Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) / Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.