Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum (1010 Views)

We Own Lagos, We Own Nigeria - King West, MC Oluomo’s Son Boasts / Muslim Forum Asks Kukah To Vacate Sokoto, Tender Apology / RUGA Suspension Victory For Nigeria- Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by phylshan: 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has warned that the quit notice by a muslim group demanding the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Mathew Kukah to tender an unreserved apology over his Christmas Day message or leave Sokoto State, is capable of causing the disintegration of the country.

The Governor however enjoined all Nigerians, irrespective of religious and political inclinations, to uphold unity, peace and dialogue as panacea for the myriad of problems confronting the country.

Reacting to the statement, the Governor who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary Terver Akase said the group’s statement was a contradiction of provisions of the Constitution which gives Nigerians the right to live freely in any part of the country.

Ortom added that the statement of the group directing Bishop Kukah to apologize or leave Sokoto State affirms clearly to the fact that Nigeria is being controlled by forces which are bent on setting the country ablaze if their interests are not guaranteed.

He stressed the need for all Nigerians; both Christians and Muslims to set aside religious and other sentiments, come together in humility to fast and pray for peace and unity of the country, rather than the current situation where some persons are fanning embers of disunity and hatred.

The Governor posited that the Holy Bible admonishes the people to pray for their leaders noting that what is happening in the country at the moment is beyond human comprehension and cannot be tackled by President Muhammadu Buhari alone.

Governor Ortom therefore advised people who love Nigeria to desist from making inflammatory statements that are capable of heightening tensions and taking the country to the precipice of chaos and disintegration.

He said Bishop Kukah is not the first to speak out against impunity, injustice and the collapsing security situation being witnessed in parts of the country.

The Governor commended the Federal Government for quickly responding by issuing a statement to caution the group and reminding its members of provisions of the Constitution which guarantee the right of Nigerians to reside in any part of the country.

According to Ortom, Bishop Kukah remains a true patriot who speaks to give direction and make recommendations on the way the people should be governed in an equitable and just manner.

He insisted that Nigeria belongs to all its citizens and no individual or group has the right to threaten others and whip them into silence.

“Calls such as the one made by Muslim Solidarity Forum can only lead the country to a state of lawlessness which does no nation any good.

The Governor said in addition to insecurity, Nigerians should be worried about the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the dwindling economy which has seen the naira fall to 500 to one dollar in the open market, a situation that is rendering millions of youths jobless

He advised that attention should also be given to the productive sector, in order to create jobs for the people to avert the projection that more Nigerians will be destitute in the near future.

Ortom while noting that democracy is built on the rule of law adding that freedom of speech is also anchored on the rule of law, to the extent that it does not infringe on the rights of other people.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sunnewsonline.com/groups-quit-notice-to-bishop-kukah-recipe-for-disintegration-ortom/&ved=2ahUKEwiP-ICQmJzuAhUBuRoKHer2CVMQFjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2xjGZvOHXai-VY6AMRl5zt

Re: You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by Jones4190(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
ortom is confuse,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by Racoon(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
"Our history is replete with numerous & uncontrollable instances of callous and insensitive dominating repressive intrigues by those who think it is their birthright to dominate till eternity the political and economic privileges of this great country to the exclusion of the people of the Middle Belt & the south"

It is our unflinching belief that this quest for domination, oppression and marginalization is against the wish of God and therefore, must be resisted with vehemence. Anything that has a beginning must have an end....
-Maj.Gideon Gwarza Orkar

Nigeria is being controlled by forces which are bent on setting the country ablaze if their interests are not guaranteed.A so called northern prof.once said Benue belongs to the Fulanis.
Re: You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by spy24(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Good point

Northerners behave like they are untouchable

1 Like

Re: You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by Fahdiga(m): 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Mantomann:
Seun!! Seun!! Seun!! Seun!!

Seun!! Seun!! Seun!! Seun!! Seun!! Seun!! Seun!! Seun!!

It's now official.... Nairaland is belongs to the ipob members!!

The Igbo moderators have ruin this forum!!

Ipob are now in fully incharge of this forum...

Imagine an igbo moderator banning for telling an ipob insulting the north nyamiri shut up!!

Imagine an ipob moderator banning me on Nairaland for telling his fellow ipob animal to shut up!!

Dear seun... I am not the type any one can silence with tyranny and injustice!!

The Igbo moderator can never intimidate me into silence.

This is just the beginning...

Banning me is only giving me strength...

I will defend my region to the end!!

A brainless igbo moderator is too small to stop me from defending my northern region.

Banning me will only keep Me strong!!!

The same Igbos calling Yorubas Afonja and ndi Ofe mmanu!!

The same Igbos calling Hausas Aboki or ndi ugu!!

An ipob igbo moderator ban me for telling his brothers "Nyamiri shut up!!

Dear igbo moderator... You go ban tire!!

Lalsicklala you ban to silent me from defending my region!!

Lalsicklala you are evil and heartless!!

You can never silent me on Nairaland!!

Lalasicklala... Why trying to silent me?
Nobody owns Nigeria but it should be the Igbos that should be determining what happens
Re: You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by Kingspin(m): 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
Beware of crises religion
Re: You Do Not Own Nigeria: Ortom Tells Northern Muslim Forum by IamWonderful: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2021
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen: Funny As Police Stops Wearing Uniform In Rivers State / If President Buhari Appears In Your Parlour Today,what Would You Do? / I'm Happy About Ipob Lockdown In SE It Will Mean More Money In SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.