Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,235 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide (38256 Views)

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? / The Best Programming Language Is... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
CoolUsername:

Cool.

Since I'm more networking-inclined, my 2021 goals are graduating and getting my CCNA cert before moving into cloud computing. I'm starting with Azure though.

I have zero IT background and I'm making a 360° career switch to a field with a very high demand in this part of the world where I'm domiciled.

I'm so excited to learn something new that will also enable me to aquire more skill set's that are so needed in other to thrive in this world that is constantly changing, and updating and constantly upgrading one's knowledge is key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by toniabella(f): 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Rgade:
Cool topic. But I'm not finding CSS easy shaa cheesy

Finally I see someone that is in the same shoe with me. that css is forcing me to quite
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by JJOF(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
toniabella:

Finally I see someone that is in the same shoe with me. that css is forcing me to quite
There's a tutorial on YouTube I recommend for you once I can get the link.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
toniabella:

Quitting in anything is not an option.

I'm a newbie into the whole cloud computing thing with AWS and everything seems like greek to me but I'm going to see the end of it.

It is either I learn it or I learn it, there is no other option left for me.

1 Like

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by CSTRR: 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
JJOF:

What does bootstrap do?
It is the frame work for CSS.
It makes designing websites easier.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by CSTRR: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
byrron:

I'm a newbie into the whole cloud computing thing with AWS and everything seems like greek to me but I'm going to see the end of it.

That is the only approach in programming.
Giving up is not an option.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by MT: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
JJOF:

LOL, omo, see as you scare me guy. I know there's a lot to learn sha, no be small task cry

I understand how you feel but IT landscape is beyond just writing clean codes nowadays. You need to follow sets of principles and designs (which have to be learnt) to make the codes .scalable and decoupled from.one another.

Who says u don't need networking experience? Wait till you put your codes in Dockers and deploy them as containers, and they have to communicate in a microservice using message buses like rabbitmq or kafka. What about when u have many containers on different dockers that u have to manage in the cloud, kubernetes come into the picture.

You have to be verse right now. The manner you compile and deploy your code in the cloud is different (ci/CD pipeline). Roll up your sleeve, if you feel this career is meant for you. Containerised app is the way to go now, irrespective of the language you are using . Most tech companies are balling in the cloud.

1 Like

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by CSTRR: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
jikins:

What stage are you currently

CSS.
Though I already have a small knowledge of python, but I will still go back to it to learn it very well in time.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by toniabella(f): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
JJOF:

There's a tutorial on YouTube I recommend for you once I can get the link.

I will appreciate that bro.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by toniabella(f): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
byrron:

That CSS has really made me look like i,m wasting my time.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Adasun(m): 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kylekent59:
To make money is the best.

After learning programming, start creating games and designs.
what kind of designs
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Temiyaks28: 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
GoddyOra:

Message me whatsapp with the number on my sig
What’s your number?
I can’t find the number.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Sheriman(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
tobillionaire:
0.p, pls I'm new to java and I've been compiling and running on the command prompt ant getting answers... I just downloaded the android studio but whenever I download an android emulator to run programs, the emulator will not show. Pls what could be done
How many RAM and Core does your Laptop has?
Core i3 4 GIG RAM it wouldn't show sometimes it will show and it will make your system hang a lot
Core i5 or above plus 8 GIG RAM is highly recommend to run Emulator without any wahaala!
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Sirwallace(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
toniabella:

go to youtube and search for code with Mosh video on CSS. it will get you better perspective.

remember you cant quit now.

programming is wild and wide.
it gives you bitter sweet experience every now and then.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
toniabella:

Lol grin grin grin,

Just like me, I'm at work and at the same time self studying on AWS CCP which is even the fundamentals and the elementary aspect of AWS yet it feels like I'm not only wasting my time but also deceiving myself by thinking that this will ever make sense to me but I have decided that either I learn this damn thing and add more value to myself or I learn it since I'm not quitting grin grin

This is how I study and you can also adapt same strategy.

Strategy #1: listen or watch the entire tutorials with the all the hands on (lab demos) from the beginning to the end without taken any notes or try practicing the hands on, just watch.

Strategy #2: Repeat strategy #1

Strategy #3: Watch keenly the entire lectures from beginning to the end and start doing the hands on along with the instructors. This time around, you will realize that certain concepts are beginning to make sense and you are also beginning to retain some of the things you are learning.

Strategy #4: Repeat strategy #3 and you will discover that you are retaining more than before and your confidence level has really grown and do more of the hands on.

Strategy #5: Repeat Strategy #4 and start attempting the quizzes or simulated exam questions in other to get a feel of how the exams looks like.

Strategy #6: Repeat strategy #5 and learn from the mistakes and wrong answers from strategy #5 by getting more correct answers this time around.

Strategy #7: Repeat strategy #6

Final level: Sit for the exams and blast it hopefully on your first attempt.

This strategy has always worked for me which eventually did build my confidence level to the point that I now know and do genuinely believe that anything can be learned depending on the level of one's dedication.

Here in the US, there is a saying that goes like this " How Much Do You Want It? " and "Go For It Like Your Life Depends On It "

Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
toniabella:

But you know you can't afford to quit nah cheesy
We'll just keep going.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by toniabella(f): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
byrron:

Lol grin grin grin,

Just like me, I'm at work and at the same time self studying on AWS CCP which is even the fundamentals and the elementary aspect of AWS yet it feels like I'm not only wasting my time but also deceiving myself by thinking that this will ever make sense to me but I have decided that either I learn this damn thing and add more value to myself or I learn it since I'm not quitting grin grin

This is how I study and you can also adapt same strategy.

Strategy #1: listen or watch the entire tutorials with the all the hands on (lab demos) from the beginning to the end without taken any notes or try practicing the hands on, just watch.

Strategy #2: Repeat strategy #1

Strategy #3: Watch keenly the entire lectures from beginning to the end and start doing the hands on along with the instructors. This time around, you will realize that certain concepts are beginning to make sense and you are also beginning to retain some of the things you are learning.

Strategy #4: Repeat strategy #3 and you will discover that you are retaining more than before and your confidence level has really grown and do more of the hands on.

Strategy #5: Repeat Strategy #4 and start attempting the quizzes or simulated exam questions in other to get a feel of how the exams looks like.

Strategy #6: Repeat strategy #5 and learn from the mistakes and wrong answers from strategy #5 by getting more correct answers this time around.

Strategy #7: Repeat strategy #6

Final level: Sit for the exams and blast it hopefully on your first attempt.

This strategy has always worked for me which eventually did build my confidence level to the point that I now know and do genuinely believe that anything can be learned depending on the level of one's dedication.

Here in the US, there is a saying that goes like this " How Much Do You Want It? " and "Go For It Like Your Life Depends On It "

Yes you can

oh! thanks for the tips.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Csami(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
chukwudinwez:

You made me laugh out loud. I remember those days I cried trying to learn css. About 6 months ago I didn't know anything about anything in CSS. I can tell you right now I'm now a guru and well experienced using CSS. It's simple as far as you learn kinda slowly but steady so you won't forget what you've learnt. Don't be in a haste to finish up.

I went on to learn JavaScript afterwards. I'm currently learning react.js and in few months now, I'll be applying for jobs as a front-end developer.

My portfolio website https://chukwudinweze.netlify.app

Kudos. I like your use of background and mobile response but is the animation and pre-loader really necessary? Your iframe didn't quite fit perfectly in the mobile response. You need to build more functionality like Maps, image styles, reaction timer etc and add more content. Overall, your craft is good.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by jikins(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
JJOF:

Ah, online ke. They are not full projects, just little projects to help me grasp vanilla js. The whatsapp idea isn't bad.

Ok message me on WhatsApp please. My no is on my signature
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Adasun(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
lekki1444:
I didnt say i was going to make a system to make a human function. i said i can access the programs in the backend of humans that make individual people who they are. like to see the programs that make them do what they do or look how they look and pick the partners they pick
how can you do that please?

A girl i woo and slept with withing 4 days just say she can't continue,for no reason.she is even my first although i have fingered many others.

What functionalities caused that?
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by scave(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
remi1444:
grin take a break. I'm restarting html and CSS again. I feel like I don't know shit about it, last night I was trying to link a CSS file with html and I couldn't undecided remember simple <link rel="stylesheet" type=" text/css" href="the css file path"> and it's not funny. But will I give up, not at all.
you can't always remember things in programming because there many things you learn that's why we have stackover flow and Google,them no dey cram programming na understand the process,know what to search and be creative.

3 Likes

Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Johnwick64: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kylekent59:

building game is not easy and it's capital intensive
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Johnwick64: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
GoddyOra:

Depends on your budget. If you can afford it then go for the quality ones out there but any 4gb RAM system with adequate disk space (320/500Gb HDD) will be okay for you. Specs like dedicated video memory and graphics card isn't really important for general programming.

Just ensure you have enough free space on your hard disk (more than 100GB space) and a minimum of 4GB RAM and I think you are good to go. Buy from trusted dealers though so that you can easily return it back if it picks up any issue within the first weeks of active use.
bro,can a 4gb Ram laptop with 320Gb HDD run Android studio without hanging
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by teewhydope(m): 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
Clonepops:
hello bro. about the tableau crack link that you sent on the data science thread, pls what is the process of installation. please i tried installing it was asking me for a pass key
there is a crack file that comes with the file
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Darestc2k12: 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
ERCROSS:
I think Flutter is a lot simpler when it comes to mobile app development. One language, two platforms: iOS and Android.

Which language is flutter adopting. Pls tell us
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Darestc2k12: 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kylekent59:

What kind of design. Pls hint us.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by JJOF(m): 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
CSTRR:

It is the frame work for CSS.
It makes designing websites easier.
Is it the one in charge of that SASS stuff?
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Suremikky(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Chinedu1994:
I have a ton of tutorials on Web development and Python, I learnt these to an extent but I lost interest.
I am a fvcking computer science student.

Maybe if school resumes, I will get back at it though.
It's boring and tiring when you learn alone. I haven't written a code in months. My computer is now for watching movies. I am tired of this world and it's problems sef.

There's nothing I haven't dabbled in.
I have tried beat making. I currently have a beat making software on my computer, but I don't learn it anymore.

I have Android studio installed, but I don't learn with it anymore.

I have pycharm installed, but I don't use it anymore.

I have C++ compiler installed, but I don't learn with it anymore.

I have blender installed, but I don't learn animation making anymore.

I have eclipse installed, but I haven't opened it for months.

Then I created 5 blogs, but I lost interest.

I AM TIRED!

bro, are u sure we ain't twins?..i have literally done everything u listed..I swear I tire pass u.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Darestc2k12: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
GoddyOra:

You are right boss. Once you can know the basics of programming like data structures and algorithms and master one language (I recommend Python for beginner's) then picking up other languages (which you definitely have to do as you advance in your career) will be much more easier and faster.

Pls, Data structure and Algorithm , are they different subject / course.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by Darestc2k12: 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
GoddyOra:

What are you interested in?
Web design? Mobile/desktop app development or Data Science. I think it is way faster if you know the particular aspect that you wanna dabble into before jumping into programming.

I would have recommended you start from the basics like Introduction to Computer science, Data structures and Algorithms but many 9ja programmers no get time for those ones as na projects be the main thing over here in our software development space for Nigeria.

If you aren't too sure on where to start with then just search on YouTube "Mosh Hamedani Python" and download the 6hrs long video and start from there. Also try to download the python documentations on their official web page via google search "Python docs".

Stay Motivated boss!

Pls help someone. What is best and easiest way to learn data structure in one hand and Algorithm in another hand.
Re: Best Programming Language To Learn This 2021: The Beginner's Guide by youngmoneyeze: 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
jikins:

Seems we are both using freecodecamp
yes, am looking for project i can build with react js

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here / Java Programming For Dummies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.