Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks (24584 Views)

Doguwa Goes Berserk Again, Assaults Another Party Leader, Threatens Ex-SSG / ISWAP Kills 11 Farmers In Borno / Proscribed Yan Sakai Vigilante Group Kills 11 Fulanis In Sokoto Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Samfloxin(m): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2021
post=98074221:
So, what we have is that we have Amotekun and the personnel are hardly trained, they hardly have any orientation.
They are trained like the way you train all these private security guards.
There is no human rights component to their training.

We have not seen a human rights curriculum in terms of any training of their personnel
So that is the problem that we have at the moment right now.
And then again, we also have to answer the question of how come the Amotekun personnel are killing people because they are not supposed to be carrying arms,
and the right to bear arms is a federal right.
We are not aware that the federal government has granted any state licence for their security networks to carry arms.

Modify :
It is almost exactly a year ago that we made the below comment......
#DemMANNADaProphets
Aboki Mai suya.
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by illicit(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2021
xProfx:

Try to hide your foolishness by keeping shut.

You're now comparing killings between Amotekun and Herdmen. Was Amotekun created to kill or to protect?

Your username suits your psychological make up, you are indeed illicit. undecided

what does ur username suggest

X Prof x, were u banished because u molested a student?

I think so

Amotekun is created to kill any errant person, why hasn't Amotekun killed u
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by illicit(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2021
Incognito403:
So, to you, it's about "counting scores". You must be a cultist.

I am not a cultist

I am incognito....
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:11am On Jan 15, 2021
DesChyko:

In Nigeria, you have a problem with people behaving like animals? Like I said, you haven't learnt the game yet.

We Igbos, by nature, believe every man is a king unto himself. We believe in autonomy, no matter how small the unit.

So if you think IPOB are against Amotekun's existence, you need to retake your history lessons, and this time more seriously.

We'ld always be here though, to remind you of how you ridiculed our fight in support of the Northern agenda, when your fight against the Northern hegemony intensifies.

How the hell did the Yoruba ridicule your fight in support of the northern agenda
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Miracle1991: 9:12am On Jan 15, 2021
Every Nigerian is full of evil, they only need an opportunity to showcase it. Just look at the youths that were shouting endsars but the moment they were allowed to handle our major roads,they begin to molest motorist. Now amotekun that was created to save lives are the ones killing people. Now the east is Happy with ESN but iam very sure they will regret it one day.
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by MT: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2021
This is just a tip of the iceberg. Let the election comes, then you will realise that Amotekun is a political militia wing of the governors.
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by zinny377(f): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2021
Wawu!
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2021
illicit:

what does ur username suggest

X Prof x, were u banished because u molested a student?

I think so

Amotekun is created to kill any errant person, why hasn't Amotekun killed u

Thanks for validating my previous assertions about you.
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by pacespot(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2021
Barring any infiltration as some people on this forum alleged, I think this amotekun operation should be monitored and restricted to certain areas, they are supposed to be in suburbs and outskirts of where people are resident.
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Farukshy: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2021
Philistine:
How come it is only Oyo Amotekun that is causing all the problems? Amotekun in other south west states are doing very well. Seyi Makinde and his friends in Afenifere have politicized Amotekun. Majority of those recruited into Oyo state Amotekun are political thugs of Makinde.
This is just the beginning, since u people we I'll not allow the innocent fulain cattle men moving freely to do there business, when we have ur people all over north freely,....#EndAmotekun
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by seaboyzen: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Amotekun being disbanded before the end of this year.
prophet lie continue
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Rajosh(m): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2021
cobra effect is happening.
in a bid to curb the menace of the Fulani herdsmen, the amotekun was created. Now, they're posing another threat to lives in the society.
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by Incognito403: 11:34am On Jan 15, 2021
illicit:

I am not a cultist

I am incognito....
Dry undecided
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by OmoEpe(m): 11:45am On Jan 15, 2021
Stop making same mistake a lot of people are making currently
It isn't Amotekun but Oyo state Amotekun
No other state has recorded even 1 case of accidental discharge
Let's be guided one state out of six misbehaving shouldn't be used to pass judgement on the others.
Seyi Makinde used Amotekun recruitment to compensate his political thugs used for the last election, their case is a disaster foretold instead of professionally setting up the outfit, youths and misfits were recruited.
Oyo Amotekun should be disbanded and the process should start afresh with recruitment of competent operatives devoid of political considerations
jericco1:
What is the difference between this so called security outfit and the bandits having field day in the North?

One is a licensed killer, whilst the other kills on pay per view.

Instead of this Amotekun to protect the people they've sworn and created to help and guide, they almost regularly and with full blown impunity kill and maim the people.

Something needs to be done because even the disbanded SARS outfit wouldn't do as much as this clueless outfit.

The South West need to go back to the drawing board and decide what's best going forward. angry

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by illicit(m): 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by illicit(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
xProfx:

Thanks for validating my previous assertions about you.

tongue
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by lagosrd: 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you people don't want them let them just hibernate for now and let us see how you will move about with the police doing per time job.
By the time the Fulani's and the kidnappers overrun your kingsmen in your various villages your brain will come back to normal.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by tammie24: 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
OfficialBrendan:
Lies lies lies...top notch propaganda undecided
I'm surprised you guys didn't see this coming especially with the fact that a particular region was against the formation of this force. Trust me all these are calculated move to discredit this association.
It's a well calculated and well sponsored propaganda..wake up people!!

B4 u spew rubbish to me: I'm not even yoruba.
aswear

I hope they get ignored

The north is burning, they are talking about amotekun

Carry go jare
Re: Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks by phineas: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
I have not read the comments but seun its time to do the needful

Verify news on the amotekun before it makes your front page so you are not used to bring down an initiative to the detriment of a people

Please think on this.With power comes responsibility

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For The Osun State Governorship Election / Bauchi, Gombe Fight Over New Oil Wells / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.